Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Marketplace seller I-Deals--$1 DVDs, Blus, Boxes (now dead)-anyone catch this?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon Marketplace seller I-Deals--$1 DVDs, Blus, Boxes (now dead)-anyone catch this?

Old 10-17-12, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Marketplace seller I-Deals--$1 DVDs, Blus, Boxes (now dead)-anyone catch t

Originally Posted by mitch079
Lack of class? An "honest" order...of 260 items? Stick it.
Direct and to the point. I like it.
Old 10-17-12, 09:37 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Amazon Marketplace seller I-Deals--$1 DVDs, Blus, Boxes (now dead)-anyone catch t

For those worried about having to re-add things to your wish list, Amazon does it automatically once the item is canceled.
Old 10-17-12, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Vaughan
Well, I had a change of mind. a) Lack of communication; b) No reasons given; c) No reply to a direct email; d) jwstl on here reminding me that some will defend the indefensible ='s bad feedback. So I gave them five negative feedbacks, and I've reported them directly to Amazon via their "Seller Performance Investigations team."
"No contact for four days. Email canceling giving no reason whatsoever. Just a horrible experience. Feel as though I've been treated like dirt. I did email them, they couldn't be bothered to reply. Clearly horrible Marketplace sellers. To add insult to injury, I know of people who DID get their orders. BAD."

P.S... you left them 6 negative feedbacks, not 5.
Old 10-18-12, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Good lord, he bought 260 items. Like I said, I'm disappointed but not peeved off about it. You move on and find the next deal or just forget about this one.
Old 10-18-12, 05:50 AM

My, we do have some aggressive types on here.

I have given a forthright, and accurate explanation of my thoughts and ideas on this. I'm sorry that it offends you so much. If I go into a store and see a sale, a sale I have no reason to believe isn't legit, then why shouldn't I buy 260 items? How is it possibly more legit to buy say, 10? Or 5?

Besides, my complaint is not that the items were canceled, it is in the way it was handled. Which I take to be self-evidently horrible. Still, I'm also able to acknowledge a disagreement with people on forums without resorting to insults.

I specifically wrote that I don't expect sympathy over this. I guess you missed that mitch079. Assuming you bothered to read everything.

And jwstl - believe it or not, you did convince me that saying nothing was simply not good enough. Reading your attitude on here highlighted that yes, there really are people who think customers should be treated poorly, when through no fault of their own they are involved in an error.

I see you don't attack those who lower prices temporarily in order to get cheaper goods, a more willful act than my own by a country mile. Interesting.

Still, I am happy with my actions, and have no regrets at all. As to whom is being an ass - I am equally happy that having these posts here for everyone to see will adequately illustrate who is being an ass.

I did nothing wrong, and therefore cannot feel any regret.

Again my request - if either of you sell on Ebay and/or Amazon I'd very much appreciate your sending me your usernames there so I can avoid them when buying items. In PM, obviously. It makes sense to avoid people like yourselves (as you no doubt would want to avoid customers like me!)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Vaughan; 10-18-12 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-18-12, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
"No contact for four days. Email canceling giving no reason whatsoever. Just a horrible experience. Feel as though I've been treated like dirt. I did email them, they couldn't be bothered to reply. Clearly horrible Marketplace sellers. To add insult to injury, I know of people who DID get their orders. BAD."

P.S... you left them 6 negative feedbacks, not 5.
I'm not sure how that could have happened. I had five orders, and you can only leave feedback on an order. If six showed up then it must be a mistake from Amazon. Not their first it seems!
Old 10-18-12, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Good lord, he bought 260 items. Like I said, I'm disappointed but not peeved off about it. You move on and find the next deal or just forget about this one.
I'm curious as to why the number of items is an issue? I saw an item for a price, and I ordered it. There were far more than 260 items on sale, and I simply picked some that I wanted.

As I've stated more than once, I'm not after sympathy - and I wouldn't expect any. But I'm curious as to why the number of items is a problem at all. 1 item or 500, I'd still have experienced horrible customer service.
Old 10-18-12, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by bse
For those worried about having to re-add things to your wish list, Amazon does it automatically once the item is canceled.
Oh! Thanks for this. I just checked and you're correct. I have over 2500 items in my Wish List again.
Old 10-18-12, 06:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The sad thing is that an Amazon seller cannot send out bulk e-mails to their buyers. Also, when cancelling an order, Amazon provides a pull-down menu of pre-selected reasons for cancelling an order (pricing error may be one of them, but out-of-stock is likely the first pull-down option). When cancelling an order, Amazon does not give you an option on that screen to send a more detailed explanation to the buyer - a seller would have to go through "Contact seller", which is quite cumbersome if you're trying to cancel 5,000+ orders in a timely fashion.

I know I was pissed a few years ago when another company had a pricing snafu and I received a general 'out-of-stock' cancellation which I knew was bogus. Since then I've increased my seller's presence on Amazon and have more experience on what's good and what's not-so-good about Amazon's buyer-seller interface.

None of this changes the fact I have a huge beef with the seller Ipodmeister - this is a company that used automated pricing software and matched most of the Ideals prices on Classical CD's. Technically, their software did exactly what they wanted it to do - kept them competitively priced with their competitors. They cancelled all of my orders; many of them AFTER shipping notices had been generated. I sent them an e-mail to ask for an explanation. No response. And you know why that REALLY PISSES ME OFF? This is quoted directly from their seller profile:

"We answer all customer e-mails within 24 hours on regular business days. If you have not received an answer within 24 hours, please check your SPAM filter. Amazon can and will monitor any correspondence to show that we do answer all emails within 24 hours." [Ipodmeister]

I call shullbit on that.

IDeals with get no negative feedbacks from me; obviously something went wrong with their listings. Ipodmeister, however, had nothing go wrong with their pricing software. If they don't like the results, then get better software, and I hope my negative feedbacks on their cancelled orders will help them re-assess their reliance on automated software.

Peter
Old 10-18-12, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh! Thanks for this. I just checked and you're correct. I have over 2500 items in my Wish List again.
Seriously? With Amazon's new policy of constantly changing prices by a few pennies, how many screens of price changes do you have to go through each time you login?
Old 10-18-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious as to why the number of items is an issue? I saw an item for a price, and I ordered it. There were far more than 260 items on sale, and I simply picked some that I wanted.

As I've stated more than once, I'm not after sympathy - and I wouldn't expect any. But I'm curious as to why the number of items is a problem at all. 1 item or 500, I'd still have experienced horrible customer service.

Oh, wait, you're not after sympathy:

If you had gotten the deal...great. But, obviously it was a pricing mistake. It happens and move on. You can't reasonably expect any small online business to honor that big of an order from a pricing mistake. If you were running the business, I'd think you'd be more understanding about why the number of items would be an isssue.
Old 10-18-12, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I side with Vaughn on this issue though JWSTL makes good points. What I find problematic is that they honored SOME orders with the pricing mistake, but not ALL.To claim the error affected all the orders, but only selectively fulfill some and cancel others, without much of an explanation or seemingly any rhyme or reason, is just begging for negative feedback.

As a seller myself on Amazon I would never deal with a mistake like this in such a half-assed manner. If you rely so much on automation to engineer your business, then you have to accept the responsibility and consequences when it breaks down. You don't say some will benefit by it while others won't.
Without knowing the details of the order or why they were fulfilled, I will still side with those that don't fault the seller. It could have been some orders seeped through the cracks (that reminds me of those that got Tales from the Crypt 1-7 for 15 bucks or so at WBShop while mine was cancelled). It may have actually be that that item was not mispriced. I'll reserve my condemnation until I know more facts.

Originally Posted by Pizza

Oh, wait, you're not after sympathy:

If you had gotten the deal...great. But, obviously it was a pricing mistake. It happens and move on. You can't reasonably expect any small online business to honor that big of an order from a pricing mistake. If you were running the business, I'd think you'd be more understanding about why the number of items would be an isssue.

Mistakes do happen and like some have said, the onslaught of all the orders and trying to manage the cancellations probably overwhelmed them. I doubt there was a person that ordered from them that didn't think this was probably a pricing mistake. For me, it is usually not the fact they cancelled the items that ticks me off, but the time wasted sifting through inventory getting good deals. I remember spending a few hours on some deal one time, knowing it was probably a mistake ... and having everything cancelled. But you never know when you see these things if they will go through or not -- so you take the chance. I'm just glad I didn't see this
Old 10-18-12, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

jwstl: I'm not looking for your sympathy. I just don't agree with you that - no matter what - the store is always right. Or that a customer who buys something cheaply has a duty to assume it probably won't go through because it's a bargain. That responsibility sits with the vendor.

In this day and age a prompt service, with honest information, isn't too much to ask. I think every vendor owes it to the customer. If they don't agree, then they deserve all the negative feedback they get. I'm not sure why this is beyond your comprehension, but if you're a seller on Amazon or ebay I'd appreciate your PMing me your usernames so I can avoid buying anything from you (a serious request, not a dig).

If a company relies on automated services, whose look out is that? The customer?!?! Why? Did I tell them to rely on automated software? Does using automated software mean you won't get back to customers for four days? Or the lie that they're out of stock? How come?

I'm not asking them to honor sales - just to act quickly, and honestly. It's not my problem that they have automated software and used it incorrectly.
While you may be technically right, you are really being a little unreasonable about it. If they had acted in 2 days would that have been OK? Did you consider that some of those days were weekend days? No one is telling you to be understanding about the situation. It seems you have set up a criteria to judge these vendors and demand they meet it or you will leave them negative feedback. Being a seller myself, I try to be sure about the specifics of a situation before I judge another seller. While automation is great, it does lend itself to multiplying very small mistakes. But I understand, that's not your fault.
Old 10-18-12, 03:07 PM

I just received 3 items that managed to ship - 1 import CD, 1 deluxe edition CD w/ book, 1 DVD box set.
Excited I was able to get this order through!!
Old 10-18-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Spoken as a true independent seller with awesome personalized customer service, this debacle will prove to you that dealing with mega sellers has its drawbacks.

And I don't think calling people an "ASS" or any other derogatory name calling deserves a response. It should not be tolerated in any public forum and I wish the moderators here would enforce that.
Old 10-19-12, 05:56 PM

Third and final order arrived today. Ended up receiving a total of around 15 items or so with another 40+ cancelled. Still a great deal! It pays to keep an extensive wish list that is checked frequently!
Old 10-19-12, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

I have a "watch list" in my Amazon bookmarks. Sounds like I need to change it to a wish list.
Old 10-20-12, 12:57 PM

I have a very well organized Wish List (categories, etc.) that I scan every couple days for marketplace price drops - I try to pay no more than $6 incl. shipping for each item and have done really well!!
Old 10-20-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just use one of the places that watches specific prices and shoots me an email when it drops below what I have the price set to.
Old 10-20-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have everything I'm looking for in the Saved For Later section of the cart, but Amazon in their infinite wisdom no longer show the New & Used starting prices. Why the hell did they remove that anyway?
Old 10-20-12, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

This motivated me to change my book marks to a wish list. Took well over an hour. Hope it pays off!
Old 10-21-12, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I just use one of the places that watches specific prices and shoots me an email when it drops below what I have the price set to.
What sites are those, Peep?
Old 10-21-12, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
What sites are those, Peep?
One may be - http://thetracktor.com/
Old 10-21-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 625 Likes on 459 Posts

I'd also guess: camelcamelcamel.com
Old 10-21-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I'd also guess: camelcamelcamel.com
That's the one. Should've included it in my post.