Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

M Squad Complete Series $24.99 Frys.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-12, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Squad Complete Series $24.99 Frys.com

http://www.frys.com/product/5789582?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Thanks to ron lee green for posting about the Timeless Sale.
Old 05-23-12, 11:00 AM

Re: M Squad Complete Series $24.99 Frys.com

lowest I've ever seen for this series! I have watched some episodes via netflix, quality it's all that great(at least at the very beginning-don't know later on) but a very gritty show. It's funny to me that shows like S.W.A.T. got in trouble for how violent they were in the 70's, and this show has as many or more killings per show as I've seen...supposedly the inspiration for Police Squad.
Old 05-24-12, 03:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately ordered one! States for release on 6/5/12. Thanks Op
Old 05-24-12, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The recently released MIKE HAMMER with the great Darren McGavin is from '58 and also very violent. The fight scenes, at least one or two per show, are brutal and so well done, some of the best I've ever seen on television. Hammer routinely puts guys in bandages and casts and often gets as good as he gives. McGavin does something with the character Spillane rarely achieved, he makes him human.
Old 07-10-12, 01:58 PM

I ordered a copy of M Squad and some of the other timeless titles when the OP first posted this, and it was one giant disaster from Fry's, which has to have the worst customer service and interface in history.

To start with, their shopping cart would not process my order, so I finally had to call up Fry's customer service, which was a California number, not an 800 number.

I understood some of the items might be backordered and I didn't mind waiting. About a month later, I gor an e-mail saying my order was shipped. Nothing arrived. I logged into the website and it indicated they shipped things UPS, but there was no tracking number. To make things worse, the shipping address on the order did not include an aprtment number. I live in a condo complex with 100 units and if UPS tries to deliver without a building or unit number, it might never reach me. So, I sent an e-mail to ask what happened. Two days later, I get a reply from a customer service rep that due to the technical nature of my request, I should call them up on their California customer service number again. To make things worse, I get my credit card statement and I've been billed over $100 for the merchandise.

So today, I was preparing to call up customer service, again on my dime, to try to get to the bottom of it. Instead I get an email from them saying that they had processed my request to cancel my order and that a refund would be forthcoming. Of course, I had never asked for my order to be cancelled, just to be shipped to the right address. On the website, it shows the order as returned, so it might mean UPS tried and couldn't deliver (although I never got a tracking number for the order) or they just decided to cancel for the heck of it.

What a waste of time. I'll see if they actually have a copy of M Squad in a store at that price I can buy, but if not, I won't be going through this dog and pony show, or anything else with them online.
Old 07-10-12, 02:54 PM

I picked up a copy of M Squad at Sam's Club in Linden, NJ for $19.99 a few months back. If you're a member, you might check your local SC warehouse to see if they have copies available.
Old 07-11-12, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
The recently released MIKE HAMMER with the great Darren McGavin is from '58 and also very violent. The fight scenes, at least one or two per show, are brutal and so well done, some of the best I've ever seen on television. Hammer routinely puts guys in bandages and casts and often gets as good as he gives. McGavin does something with the character Spillane rarely achieved, he makes him human.
Amen, Prof.