Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy DVD prices (April 29th - May 5th, 2012)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 04-25-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Haywire $16.99

New Year's Eve $14.99

Joyful Noise $14.99

- - -

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 Heroes Assemble! $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 2 Captain America Reborn! $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 3 Iron Man Unleashed $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 4 Thor's Last Stand $11.99
(each comes with a theater voucher to see "The Avengers" on May 4th)

- - -

Covert Affairs: Season Two $26.99 (save $10.00 if you buy season 2 with 1 on the same recepit)
Suits: Season One $26.99
The Office: Season 7 $19.99
Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena $19.99
Community: Season 2 $19.99
Justified: Season 2 $19.99
Eureka: Season 4.5 $19.99

Same here, pass. And no listing for "The Invisible Man: The Complete Series". Checked, their website doesn't have it. Whatever.

Information from Annie Chu.
Old 04-25-12, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy DVD prices (April 29th - May 5th, 2012)

Best Buy Ad for Movies
Old 04-27-12, 02:04 AM

I may have a reason for the non-listing, "The Invisible Man: The Complete Series" now has a street of May 29th.
Old 04-27-12, 03:30 PM

wrong thread. sorry.

Last edited by SI78; 04-27-12 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-28-12, 08:02 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 253 Posts

Nothing for me next week. -kd5-
Old 04-29-12, 03:15 AM

Update...

Charles In Charge: Season 1 $9.99
The A-Team: Season 5 $9.99
Magnificent Seven: Seasons 1 or 2 $9.99 (each)
Lost In Space: Season 3 Vol 1 or Vol 2 $9.99 (each)
Magnum P.I.: Seasons 1 - 8 $9.99 (each)
Welcome Back Kotter: Season 1 $9.99

- - -

Games

- - -

CDs

Old 04-29-12, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the scan John!

Originally Posted by JohnIan
Update...
Charles In Charge: Season 1 $9.99
The A-Team: Season 5 $9.99
Magnificent Seven: Seasons 1 or 2 $9.99 (each)
Lost In Space: Season 3 Vol 1 or Vol 2 $9.99 (each)
Magnum P.I.: Seasons 1 - 8 $9.99 (each)
Welcome Back Kotter: Season 1 $9.99
- - -
Games

- --
CDs
Old 04-29-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,604 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
Nothing for me next week. -kd5-
I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you, but what exactly are you looking for each week? More cancelled early to mid 1990's science fiction shows? Your not going to find any of that stuff in B&M's anymore and especially dirt cheap. I'm guessing that none of the new popular mainstream titles from the theatre and TV interest you either. I recall you don't like dramas or comedies or action-adventure. Your tastes aren't very broad. It seems like a lost cause for you each week.

Like I suggested to you a month or so ago, you should consider looking for the oddball stuff your interested in from like Amazon or Ebay.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-29-12 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-29-12, 08:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the pages scans JohnIan.
Good to see the George Harrison film will be on sale. Wondering of the CD will be as well...
Old 04-29-12, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you, but what exactly are you looking for each week? More cancelled early to mid 1990's science fiction shows? Your not going to find any of that stuff in B&M's anymore and especially dirt cheap. I'm guessing that none of the new popular mainstream titles from the theatre and TV interest you either. I recall you don't like dramas or comedies or action-adventure. Your tastes aren't very broad. It seems like a lost cause for you each week.

Like I suggested to you a month or so ago, you should consider looking for the oddball stuff your interested in from like Amazon or Ebay.
To be fair, it DOES kind of come across like you're picking on him. I used to be in the same boat as you. I actually worked in a store with a fellow forum member and we would comment on the, let's say, rather goofy nature of the "nothing for me this week" posts. But since that time I have, I like to think, matured to a certain degree, and now I find it to be a sign of quirky humanity behind the cold blue and white facade of the DVDTalk Forum. A reminder if you will of all the people out there, searching for something in their lives, just trying to fill a gaping existential void, you know, with cheap movies.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is something to the effect of "What do you want, a refund?"
Old 04-29-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by spartickes
To be fair, it DOES kind of come across like you're picking on him. I used to be in the same boat as you. I actually worked in a store with a fellow forum member and we would comment on the, let's say, rather goofy nature of the "nothing for me this week" posts. But since that time I have, I like to think, matured to a certain degree, and now I find it to be a sign of quirky humanity behind the cold blue and white facade of the DVDTalk Forum. A reminder if you will of all the people out there, searching for something in their lives, just trying to fill a gaping existential void, you know, with cheap movies.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is something to the effect of "What do you want, a refund?"
All I'm saying is that maybe Best Buy and Target aren't the ideal place anymore for the stuff he's interested in. From seeing stuff that he posts, it looks like he's not interested in any recent mainstream TV or movie releases. That's why I notice in every Target and BB thread, he says the sales suck or nothing interests him. 9 times out of 10, the material that Best Buy and Target puts on sale is popular mainstream releases from the last 6 months to 1 year. That's why I suggested looking at Amazon and Ebay for the more oddball stuff that may not ever be on sale. Back catalogue stuff is rarely featured in their ads anymore.
Old 04-29-12, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Alright, back to this ad. I really like Covert Affairs and Suits, but I'll wait for the eventual price drop to $14.99 to 19.99.

Sucks that all the USA shows aren't getting BD releases.
Old 04-30-12, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnIan
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 Heroes Assemble! $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 2 Captain America Reborn! $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 3 Iron Man Unleashed $11.99
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 4 Thor's Last Stand $11.99
(each comes with a theater voucher to see "The Avengers" on May 4th)
Most, if not all, of these are $10 at Wal-mart right now. They may even have the voucher, too.
Old 04-30-12, 12:14 AM

what exactly are you looking for each week?
The same can be said for myself; nothing for me this week.

As it stands my DVD collection is 1571, not including 324 pending titles.

'Nothing for me' = I already have it or not willing to pay that price. KD5 reason(s) could be similar.

A couple weeks back I jumped on that "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" and "The Big Valley" sets.
Old 04-30-12, 08:00 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

What do you care what I'm looking for? Why should you concern yourself with my likes and dislikes? You presume to know what I'm looking for by reading my posts and/or between the lines of my posts when in reality you know nothing about me. If my posts piss you off that badly, then don't read them. You don't need to follow me around and build more hatred for me with each passing post, just ignore me if my posts are that much of an irritant to you. Above all, don't presume to know what I'm looking for. I like some dramas, some (very few) comedies, and I like some action-adventures. Take a look at my collection if you have doubts. What you won't see in my existing collection are the DVDs I would still like to own, and they aren't all just science fiction, fantasy, or horror, even though those are my favorite genres. There are mainstream titles that interest me, but not at the prices they're asking right now. If I see one that's at my price point, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait. Simple as that. -kd5-
Old 04-30-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Okay..I realized late last night that I used some bad judgment making that post. It was stupid to be that presumptuous about an annonymous poster. And yeah I don't know a damn thing about you. I apologize and I won't make a post like that agan. I'll leave you alone.
Old 05-01-12, 12:29 AM

Now...

When are they gonna have a sale for "Happy Scrappy Hero Pup"?
Old 05-01-12, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by kd5
Nothing for me next week.

Originally Posted by kd5
If I see one that's at my price point, I'll buy it. If not, I'll wait. Simple as that.

Then what was the point of your original post then? The "nothing for me" posts always comes off as a threadcrap to me. If you don't see something that interests you in these threads, back out and move on.
Old 05-01-12, 07:33 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zeek
Then what was the point of your original post then? The "nothing for me" posts always comes off as a threadcrap to me. If you don't see something that interests you in these threads, back out and move on.
How can it be a threadcrap? If there's nothing in the sale that interests me, then there's nothing that I want or need from that sale. Posting in the thread is merely an acknowledgement that I read the list of DVDs that were on sale and didn't find any that I was interested in. How is that a threadcrap? And why should you give a rats behind what I say? Just move along please. -kd5-
Old 05-01-12, 07:37 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, and by your logic the OP craps on his own threads:
Same here, pass.

From the Target thread:
Another week of meh. Pass.
-kd5-
Old 05-01-12, 07:17 PM

Well we're so far off the original topic anyway I guess I'll point this out.

Your join date May 2010 with 2743 posts
My join date Jan 2002 100 posts.

I guess if you're just interested in padding your post count keep it up. Otherwise you might save it until you have something useful to contribute.
Old 05-02-12, 07:48 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zeek
Well we're so far off the original topic anyway I guess I'll point this out.

Your join date May 2010 with 2743 posts
My join date Jan 2002 100 posts.

I guess if you're just interested in padding your post count keep it up. Otherwise you might save it until you have something useful to contribute.
So what? Red Dog has made 98,024 posts in 12 years, averaging about 8,169 posts per year. Groucho has 57,609 posts, averaging 4,800 posts a year. In fact, most of the people here, including the ones who've just joined have more posts that you. Do you want to accuse all of them of padding their post counts too?

I can't help that you rarely ever have anything to say here. -kd5-

Last edited by kd5; 05-02-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-02-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I haven't followed this too closely, but I'll just say I don't mind when people post things like "nothing for me this week". That's the kind of thing I might post, except it happens so often with most ads I don't bother to log in to post. It lets me know that others feel the same way. I also like to see what people like to buy as it sometimes gives me ideas or causes me to look in more detail at stuff I would've normally ignored. I never go to movies unless I have a free ticket and I rarely watch TV (i.e. TV with ads) so I often don't even know that a movie exists until it shows up in the new releases list for the week at BB or Target. Most of the movies or TV series names are meaningless to me, so when people discuss them it sometimes helps.

For instance, the upgrade & save is the main interesting thing recently, but the problem is finding most titles online in my pathetically stocked store(s). If they could give you unique $5 off coupons that were usable online, then upgrade & save would be a lot cooler.
Old 05-02-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I check these posts every week and usually don't find anything I'm interested in. I don't ever post in those threads, but I'm thinking that it's good that some people do. If BB was to go through a long stretch where no one here saw anything interesting, and then no one posted, then wouldn't the original posters, who are nice enough to do this every week, figure that no one cared and stop posting? I don't know, but it seems like that might be a danger.
Old 05-05-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I'm saying is that maybe Best Buy and Target aren't the ideal place anymore for the stuff he's interested in. From seeing stuff that he posts, it looks like he's not interested in any recent mainstream TV or movie releases.
Neither am I, for the most part, but occasionally I'll acquire a new independent film from Best Buy or Target. MPI Home Media & Magnolia seem to distribute independent films well, but have MELANCHOLIA or THE INNKEEPERS even been brought up in these threads? More people used to reply with their in-store finds, and that's what made the threads of interest to me. Discussing what we found in the $5 bargain bins, which at one point stocked Halloween, Last House on the Left SE, Texas Chainsaw Massacre II SE, Return of the Living Dead SE... Best Buy's also had the occasional good deal on indie horror flicks distributed by the likes of IFC Films or Anchor Bay. Once they had Kino's The Complete Metropolis at a great price. But that's the sort of thing that's not advertised, that's discovered through word-of-mouth from those who have gone in-store & are willing to report their findings here.

FYI, THE INNKEEPERS is still listed on Best Buy's website as $12.99 DVD/ $19.99 BD*.

*Anyone who states they're not interested in The Innkeepers, I will devote my life to hunting you down & destroying you. So help me God!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.