DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Target Ad - 3/17 - 3/24 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/599840-target-ad-3-17-3-24-a.html)

taco5 03-14-12 05:45 PM

Target Ad - 3/17/12 - 3/24/12

New Releases coming out Tuesday, March 20, 2012:

The Muppets:

DVD - $16.99
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

Target exclusive 2-Disc and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Packs include a bonus The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD.

Use $5 off The Muppets 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon to save more!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99

Save $5 instantly when you buy The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie and any book from the series. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo novel is on sale for $12.76.

New Releases coming out Tuesday, March 23, 2012:

Hop:

DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99

Target exclusive Blu-ray Combo Pack includes free wearable Bunny Ears and printable Easter Party Kit.

Save $5 instantly when you buy the Target exclusive editions of Hop and Despicable Me (Blu-ray Combo Pack with wearable goggles).

Available Now:

Despicable Me:

Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $17.99 *Target exclusive includes wearable goggles*

Thanks to Annie Chu
Examiner.com

snausages 03-14-12 07:12 PM

Re: Target Ad - 3/17 - 3/24

Oops correction ...Hop is coming out Friday :D Thanks taco5!

Target Ad for movies

kd5 03-14-12 09:03 PM

Thanks, but nothing for me in the ad for next week, maybe in the store...:shrug: -kd5-

mike07 03-14-12 11:26 PM

Probably not right away but at some point I'll be picking up The Muppets and Hop (hard to believe it's been almost an entire year since it was released in theaters),

Thanks OP for the early ad.

Manzana 03-15-12 09:51 AM

Re: Target Ad - 3/17/12 - 3/24/12

Originally Posted by taco5 (Post 11151936)
The Muppets:
DVD - $16.99
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
Target exclusive 2-Disc and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Packs include a bonus The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD.
Use $5 off The Muppets 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack coupon to save more!

A lot of people seem to be raving about this new Muppets movie, so I'm interested even though I haven't seen it.

Is this $5 off coupon a Disney coupon that has yet to be posted (probably tomorrow if it's like other Disney coupons)? Also, is there no 3D version of this available? With Disney (who AFAIK owns the Muppets now) doing so many 3D releases I'm surprised there isn't one. Of course if I cave in and buy it for $19.99 if this coupon materializes, they will surely release a 3D version for about the same price once I open my 2D version. (That's my obligatory negative comment :D) I've never even heard of Hop... shows you how closely I follow the movie theater scene. This weekend John Carter will be the first movie I've gone to since The Smurfs 3D since the tickets were free (and were free for The Smurfs).

flansered 03-15-12 10:04 AM

The Muppets coupon is online now, I printed it out this morning. And they didn't release The Muppets to theaters in 3D, so you don't have to worry about that.

OldBoy 03-15-12 03:04 PM

will the Muppets coupon only work on the 3-disc and not the 2-disc?

snausages 03-15-12 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 11153211)
will the Muppets coupon only work on the 3-disc and not the 2-disc?

Technically the coupon is only for the 3-Disc, but you may get lucky with a cashier ymmv.

Manzana 03-15-12 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by snausages (Post 11153271)
Technically the coupon is only for the 3-Disc, but you may get lucky with a cashier ymmv.

There's more discussion of The Muppets coupon here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-required.html

rmw650 03-16-12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11152737)
A lot of people seem to be raving about this new Muppets movie, so I'm interested even though I haven't seen it.

Is this $5 off coupon a Disney coupon that has yet to be posted (probably tomorrow if it's like other Disney coupons)? Also, is there no 3D version of this available? With Disney (who AFAIK owns the Muppets now) doing so many 3D releases I'm surprised there isn't one. Of course if I cave in and buy it for $19.99 if this coupon materializes, they will surely release a 3D version for about the same price once I open my 2D version. (That's my obligatory negative comment :D) I've never even heard of Hop... shows you how closely I follow the movie theater scene. This weekend John Carter will be the first movie I've gone to since The Smurfs 3D since the tickets were free (and were free for The Smurfs).

Manzana, trust me, you'll really like it as it goes back to its original Muppet Movie roots, the way their movies were intended to be made.

Manzana 03-17-12 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 11155154)
Manzana, trust me, you'll really like it as it goes back to its original Muppet Movie roots, the way their movies were intended to be made.

I'm going to buy it next week and probably go with the Target version as the BB lunchbox is too small to be worth $5 more and the Walmart finger puppets one doesn't have the soundtrack included. I listened to the 30 second snippets of the soundtrack on Amazon and while not that great, it's not bad either. From the snippets it sounded very similar (almost a remake) of The Muppet Movie.

rmw650 03-17-12 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11155957)
I'm going to buy it next week and probably go with the Target version as the BB lunchbox is too small to be worth $5 more and the Walmart finger puppets one doesn't have the soundtrack included. I listened to the 30 second snippets of the soundtrack on Amazon and while not that great, it's not bad either. From the snippets it sounded very similar (almost a remake) of The Muppet Movie.

Now you've got me to thinking as to which set to go with...the target one or Best Buy one...with the BB one, i can get points accrued onto my Rewards Zone card to add up towards getting a GC but was also interested in getting the Steelbook for the film as well as the lunch box set but if you're saying the lunch box is tiny, I might just forgo this version with the Target one.

Question from me to the posters...which would be better then for me to get...the BB set with the steelbook and lunchbox, if I can find the thing or the Target version with the DVD sampler of The Muppet Show? Any suggestions would be appreciated and yes, I have the $5 off coupon too.

jimmaxmed 03-17-12 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 11156109)
Now you've got me to thinking as to which set to go with...the target one or Best Buy one...with the BB one, i can get points accrued onto my Rewards Zone card to add up towards getting a GC but was also interested in getting the Steelbook for the film as well as the lunch box set but if you're saying the lunch box is tiny, I might just forgo this version with the Target one.

Question from me to the posters...which would be better then for me to get...the BB set with the steelbook and lunchbox, if I can find the thing or the Target version with the DVD sampler of The Muppet Show? Any suggestions would be appreciated and yes, I have the $5 off coupon too.

I guess it depends on which "extra" you're more into. If it were me I might watch the sampler once or twice, then chuck the disc after the movie gets purchased and use the case it came in to replace a damaged one, whereas the lunchbox might find a place on a shelf on display.

JohnIan 03-18-12 04:57 AM

Update...

Games

http://thumbnails64.imagebam.com/180...4180339672.jpg

Nothing for me at Target this week. I'm cool with that.

Manzana 03-18-12 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed (Post 11156372)
I guess it depends on which "extra" you're more into. If it were me I might watch the sampler once or twice, then chuck the disc after the movie gets purchased and use the case it came in to replace a damaged one, whereas the lunchbox might find a place on a shelf on display.

Re. The Muppets... if I or family had use for a tiny lunchbox (again, not much bigger than a DVD case in its length and width but obviously much deeper), then I'd go for that, but to me the last thing I want on my already crowded shelves is another item for display purposes only.

I was set on the Target one with soundtrack until I saw somewhere that we have to download the soundtrack. Apparently it's not included on the digital copy like it was on Target's Lion King release. Then I have these questions: how do you go about downloading it and do you have to make an account somewhere? And will it use DRM and be tied to 1 computer or not have DRM and be playable on any computer? If it's the former that might squash my decision to get the Target one.

rmw650 03-18-12 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11156853)
Re. The Muppets... if I or family had use for a tiny lunchbox (again, not much bigger than a DVD case in its length and width but obviously much deeper), then I'd go for that, but to me the last thing I want on my already crowded shelves is another item for display purposes only.

I was set on the Target one with soundtrack until I saw somewhere that we have to download the soundtrack. Apparently it's not included on the digital copy like it was on Target's Lion King release. Then I have these questions: how do you go about downloading it and do you have to make an account somewhere? And will it use DRM and be tied to 1 computer or not have DRM and be playable on any computer? If it's the former that might squash my decision to get the Target one.

Manzana, you brought up some good solid points and I've been leaning back and forth on this and just thinking to go with my first hunch and get the BB version, since for three bucks more versus what Target is charging, I can get a tad bit more and then add some much needed points to my Reward Zone card to get closer towards obtaining a GC in the process. However, that steelbook might be a pain in the you know what to find as well come Tuesday. To me, you should just get the soundtrack via CD at Wal-Mart for ten bucks instead of dealing with all of the headaches of downloading stuff and accessing an account and all that.

Manzana 03-18-12 05:56 PM

FWIW, I just looked at the BB printed ad more carefully and the BB lunch box version DOES include the CD soundtrack download. I mistakenly thought it didn't. So it's basically $3 more for a tiny lunch box and you're not giving up being able to download the CD soundtrack. If I could've gotten my hands on the BD steelbook case, I might've gone the BB route.

rmw650 03-19-12 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11157132)
FWIW, I just looked at the BB printed ad more carefully and the BB lunch box version DOES include the CD soundtrack download. I mistakenly thought it didn't. So it's basically $3 more for a tiny lunch box and you're not giving up being able to download the CD soundtrack. If I could've gotten my hands on the BD steelbook case, I might've gone the BB route.

And you're right about the steelbook being a pain to find...lots of stores selling out of those quickly as we speak. I still suggest you get the regular CD version of it at WM for ten bucks and whichever version you like the best. Just happy this thing is coming out tomorrow. It is a good solid film.

Manzana 03-19-12 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 11158546)
And you're right about the steelbook being a pain to find...lots of stores selling out of those quickly as we speak. I still suggest you get the regular CD version of it at WM for ten bucks and whichever version you like the best. Just happy this thing is coming out tomorrow. It is a good solid film.

I gave up trying to find the steelbook since that was in store pickup only if you order online whereas the lunchbox set was shipping only, and both had to be bought on the same order for the free steelbook, but online you can't use the $5 coupon. If I had been willing to drive an extra 20 miles (which I'm not) today, I probably could've done it, but in the end due to the steelbook's OOS-ness, I'm going with Target after all.

Now if the downloadable soundtrack doesn't have DRM and I can use it on any PC, I'm cool with it. If it's 1 PC only forever, then I should save myself the $3 and just buy the 2 disc combo pack and wait for a better deal on the separate CD soundtrack. Hopefully somebody will find out about the The Muppets soundtrack's DRM and post the answer.

rmw650 03-20-12 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11158792)
I gave up trying to find the steelbook since that was in store pickup only if you order online whereas the lunchbox set was shipping only, and both had to be bought on the same order for the free steelbook, but online you can't use the $5 coupon. If I had been willing to drive an extra 20 miles (which I'm not) today, I probably could've done it, but in the end due to the steelbook's OOS-ness, I'm going with Target after all.

Now if the downloadable soundtrack doesn't have DRM and I can use it on any PC, I'm cool with it. If it's 1 PC only forever, then I should save myself the $3 and just buy the 2 disc combo pack and wait for a better deal on the separate CD soundtrack. Hopefully somebody will find out about the The Muppets soundtrack's DRM and post the answer.

Manzana, you won't believe this if I told you...I not only found the steelbook as you can never depend on Best buy's website to check their inventory properly, but also managed to find the Lunchbox edition of the Muppets as they had a few remaining when I went there earlier this afternoon. I got to use the coupon and managed to get the steelbook free just by asking a manager how this whole crazy process worked and they couldn't have been nicer. Going to watch the film tonight and just got lucky, I guess. Let me know if you managed to spot the Target version of this.

Manzana 03-21-12 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 11159817)
Manzana, you won't believe this if I told you...I not only found the steelbook as you can never depend on Best buy's website to check their inventory properly, but also managed to find the Lunchbox edition of the Muppets as they had a few remaining when I went there earlier this afternoon. I got to use the coupon and managed to get the steelbook free just by asking a manager how this whole crazy process worked and they couldn't have been nicer. Going to watch the film tonight and just got lucky, I guess. Let me know if you managed to spot the Target version of this.

I believe it. I believe anything about BB no matter how far fetched. The 2 BBs near me told me they checked the back to make sure they didn't see any, and I had checked the movie section last Friday.

Even though I have bad luck at BB and it's very YMMV, I figured if I had been able to spot a steelbook I would've told them my story and figured I'd have a 50-50 chance of getting it for free, but no steelbooks made it a moot point, and I'm too cheap/lazybutt whatever you want to call it to drive an extra 20 miles for a steelbook, so I just got the Target Wocka Wocka edition. Is that what you meant by "spot the Target version"? They were easy to spot as my Target had plenty of Wocka Wocka editions.

And here's a funny aside regarding BB (my "favorite" store)... I just got an email that for the 2nd year I'm such a good customer they are giving me Premier Silver status again even though I'm nowhere near the yearly spending requirement. Fine with me. I do buy from them now and then, but they've made it unpleasant for me more than a few times so Target is my 1st choice unless BB substantially beats them.

rmw650 03-21-12 04:17 PM

How nice of BB to do that for you...such caring folks...NOT! Anyways, yes, that's what I originally meant by the Target version and at least you managed to get the bonus Muppet Show disc that came along with it and hoping you used the 5 buck off coupon too. I just got lucky I guess with the steelbook but can't trust that website of theirs for anything now. Said it was sold out near me and went in there and bam...they had plenty to go around. Nitwits!

kd5 03-21-12 04:49 PM

Wow, you guys must all have kids, otherwise I can't believe all the craze over a Muppet DVD...:lol:

Went to Target yesterday, didn't seem like they had much at all on sale this week...:sad: -kd5-

kenbenobi 03-21-12 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 11161026)
Wow, you guys must all have kids, otherwise I can't believe all the craze over a Muppet DVD...:lol:

I do not. But I am a big kid at heart. And I grew up with the Muppets. Plus the new movie is the 2nd best Muppet movie ever (next to The Muppet Movie, of course). I have acquired every Muppet exclusive item from every store that I am aware of: Viva Case (faux Steelbook), Lunchbox, DVD Sampler, Fingerpuppets, and 3D Poster. If there is anything else, LMK so I can track it down!

JohnIan 03-21-12 08:25 PM

Wow, you guys must all have kids, otherwise I can't believe all the craze over a Muppet DVD
*nods*

Same here. I watched them as a kid, they were okay. Don't have anything negative to say - to each their own.