Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Old 04-16-13, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Thanks for the information, Geff and Folks. Here's an Amazon listing of the set I wish I had bought for $7.99:

MIDNITE 4-Fer
Old 04-16-13, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Thanks for the information, Geff and Folks. Here's an Amazon listing of the set I wish I had bought for $7.99:

MIDNITE 4-Fer
Professor, shoot...I've seen 3 of the 4 films at biglots, the first two packaged together, and The Man From Planet X, you can grab those pretty cheap of ebay if you care...
Old 04-16-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 625 Likes on 459 Posts

MIDNITE 4-Fer
Originally Posted by berigan
Professor, shoot...I've seen 3 of the 4 films at biglots, the first two packaged together, and The Man From Planet X, you can grab those pretty cheap of ebay if you care...
I've seen that set here... long ago... Had I known it was worth that much I'd have picked up a copy. I left it as I already have the individual releases of those films.
Old 04-17-13, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

New $3 & $5 batches today at Pearl St.

Pretty week (as of 3 pm).
The only $3 title I saw worth mentioning was Hellraiser Revelations on Blu-ray @ $3

4 $5 titles that would have been of interest if they were $3, but not to me @ $5:
Weird Science
Fountainhead
Keeper of The Flame
An American in Paris

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 04-17-13 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-17-13, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by berigan
At one time they had Aliens & Morons in a 2 film 1 disc package for $1.88..........
Old 04-17-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The reason why I passed up that set at KMart was because I didn't want the ALIENS/MORONS double and already had PLANET X as a single. I didn't think $7.99 was worth it just for THE ANGRY RED PLANET and figured I could buy that one by itself for pretty cheap. Well, I forgot about it for a few days, but then remembered to look up ANGRY RED on Amazon. I couldn't believe how high it was. So I went back to KMart, but the set was gone.
Old 04-17-13, 04:24 PM

The reason why I passed up that set at KMart was because I didn't want the ALIENS/MORONS double and already had PLANET X as a single. I didn't think $7.99 was worth it just for THE ANGRY RED PLANET...
I felt the same way last year when I noticed the price on the Angry Red Planet single DVD. I steadied myself and bought the 4-movie set from Wal-Mart for ~$14 (none are remaining), then printed an ARP cover scan and moved the ARP/Planet X DVD to that case. Not a perfect solution, but it did save some money. It's a bit maddening that MGM/Fox didn't just make more ARP's, because the other 3 films can still be bought today for next to nothing. My local BL has the Morons/Aliens double feature for $3 (?).
Old 04-17-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is Angry Red Planet really good? I've never seen it.
Old 04-17-13, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 625 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Is Angry Red Planet really good? I've never seen it.
If you are a fan of 50s "B" sci-fi films, yes. Otherwise stay away. It has cheesy effects, dialog, acting, sets, basically all the hallmarks of the genre in that era. It's a AIP film directed by Ib Melchior and written by Ib Melchior and Sidney Pink. I grew up watching films like this and love all those "B" sci-fi films from the 50s. My kids just shake their heads in disbelief.
Old 04-18-13, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Went to the Big Lots in Eau Claire, WI today. Nothing earth shattering. They did have some left over Christmas movies marked down to $3 and some clearance marked down to 1.88. However, the 1.88 ones were pure drek. Nothing that anyone would pay a dollar for. So bad, I don't remember the titles. The Christmas ones were ok. I actually bought Nothing Like the Holidays as a blind buy. I like cheesy holiday movies, so took the chance. There was also a two fer pack with Cricket on the Hearth or something like that with another cartoon. Both are old classics and for $3 not a bad deal. I would have picked them up if I didn't already have them in a set.

There were a fair amount of Blus as well. Get Shorty, Robin Hood (the new one), and a few others that seem to have already been reported. All 6.88.

Very little kid stuff, in fact, most of it was in the clearance/Christmas section (if you're looking it's on the very bottom shelf in the stand alone metal shelving facing the other display and there's about a foot of space between the two). I was half hoping to see Heidi, but no luck.

A lot of $5 but it seemed like it was all the same 5-10 movies. I noticed Jackie Chan? (martial artist, pretty sure it was him) films, 4 pack. Some Jason X, I believe in thin cases. Nothing that pops out at me.
Old 04-18-13, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

The discs in thin cases were broken up from box sets. Pisses me off as there's some I would have bought had they been kept as the complete set, but I won't buy anything that's been broken up.
Old 04-19-13, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're on the West Coast, Grocery Outlet has the full Brando box that BL has broken up for $10.
Old 04-19-13, 09:44 AM

The Pocatello, ID Big Lots has about fifty copies of Semi-Pro on blu-ray for $5 each! (These things are going to be there for a while!)

Also a couple of new (to me) waterfall racks. I picked up seven or eight movies including Letters from Iwo Jima, My Kid Could Paint That, Shock Treatment, Sunset Strip, and a couple more. All were $3.
Old 04-19-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We've got a bunch of Semi Pro here also, but I THINK the price is higher.

Finally got my 1st BL coupon on the "new" program: $5 off $20 through April 1 time use only.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 04-21-13 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-20-13, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Saw the recent special edition of "Night Of The Living Dead" - minus the red foil slipcover.
Old 04-21-13, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up John Carpenter's The Ward for $3. It's supposed to be terrible, but it's John Carpenter...
Old 04-22-13, 05:13 PM

Of the three closest BL's, West York had the most interesting selection...although it may just seem that way because I hadn't stopped there in a while:

Shadow of a Doubt (1943, with slipcover)
Million Dollar Baby (2-disk widescreen, 5+ copies)
Failsafe (2007)

Still no local copies of V.I.P. Inventories have generally been quite boring.
Old 04-23-13, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hasslein
Picked up John Carpenter's The Ward for $3. It's supposed to be terrible, but it's John Carpenter...
I'd buy that for $3...if my store ever gets it.
Old 04-24-13, 01:16 PM

I was in Ephrata, PA yesterday and was shocked to find a new BL on route 272, in the shopping center with the Weis Market. They're actually so new, the store isn't listed on biglots.com! I asked an employee when they opened, and assume their answer of "Monday" meant the 22nd.

There were lots of DVD's, but sadly, very little I hadn't seen before. They did have 5+ copies of V.I.P. season 1, several copies of The Ward, a single copy of My Kid Could Paint That, and a single copy of Fred McMurray's "The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine". On the other hand, they also had some of those single-disk, single-film $6.88 titles, which just makes me shake my head. Still, it might be worth checking out if you're local.
Old 04-24-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week's batch here were all $6.88 dvd's & br's. Nothing special.
Old 04-24-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by thetao
I was in Ephrata, PA yesterday and was shocked to find a new BL on route 272, in the shopping center with the Weis Market. They're actually so new, the store isn't listed on biglots.com! I asked an employee when they opened, and assume their answer of "Monday" meant the 22nd.

There were lots of DVD's, but sadly, very little I hadn't seen before. They did have 5+ copies of V.I.P. season 1, several copies of The Ward, a single copy of My Kid Could Paint That, and a single copy of Fred McMurray's "The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine". On the other hand, they also had some of those single-disk, single-film $6.88 titles, which just makes me shake my head. Still, it might be worth checking out if you're local.
Good to know about that location. Thanks!
Old 04-25-13, 10:32 PM
Cool New Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but a few genius productions dvds have shown up at BL in northern CA.

Some Dragon Dynasty titles...
Robin B-Hood
My Young Auntie
Dragon Heat

I also scored the collector's editions of
The Return of Chen Zhen
Let the Bullets Fly

other than that just the few univeral blus for 6.99 that have been mentioned and Burkanau on blu for $3.

The only $5 dollar blu-ray was "Fighting" with Magic Mike himself. I've spent most of my money on the closing blockbusters in my area.
Old 04-27-13, 03:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rudyhasdvd
Don't know if this has been mentioned before but a few genius productions dvds have shown up at BL in northern CA.

Some Dragon Dynasty titles...
Robin B-Hood
My Young Auntie
Dragon Heat

I also scored the collector's editions of
The Return of Chen Zhen
Let the Bullets Fly

other than that just the few univeral blus for 6.99 that have been mentioned and Burkanau on blu for $3.

Saw these at the NoHo store on Vineland Ave. They got in another small shipment of titles. Also saw:

$5
Keeper of the Flame
the Fountainhead

$3
Night of the Living Dead
The Ward
Coastlines
The Flock (Richard Gere, Claire Danes)
Hellraiser: Revelations (BLU-RAY)
Old 04-28-13, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank

$3 - Hellraiser: Revelations (BLU-RAY)
I saw this at the West LA Big Lots right after paying $3 for the regular DVD at the Vineland store. Has anyone seen the Dimension "Children of the Corn: Genesis" DVD or Blu at Big Lots? That one came out at the same time as "Hellraiser: Revelations" and I don't want to pay any more than $3. Hoping it shows up eventually.
Old 04-28-13, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by chancetx
I saw this at the West LA Big Lots right after paying $3 for the regular DVD at the Vineland store. Has anyone seen the Dimension "Children of the Corn: Genesis" DVD or Blu at Big Lots? That one came out at the same time as "Hellraiser: Revelations" and I don't want to pay any more than $3. Hoping it shows up eventually.
Picked up the "Children of the Corn: Genesis" for 3 bucks about a week ago in Massachusetts. So it is out there, happy hunting. During the same visit, also at $3 a piece,picked up...

Eddie Griffin: Dysfunktional Family
7 Below
96 Minutes
Born 2 Race
Bunraku
The Ward

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.