Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Shawerma, that list is the few that I haven't yet seen. Sorry. I'll let you know if I do find it though.
Old 12-11-11, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it appears the big new Fayetteville store never got the first $10 unless the guy who buys a shopping cart full of dvds came in...no one knew about them when I asked...anyone else find stores that seemingly never got them???
Old 12-12-11, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

You might want to keep checking back on the $10's. Some of the busier stores are not making it a priority right now to get out small batches of dvd's! Their back rooms can be a nightmare, especially around xmas.
Old 12-12-11, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by barbybrant
The TV seasons that went on sale on Thanksgiving were stickered $6. Some of them are still on the shelf with the $6 tags on them. Stock arrives at the store already stickered, I believe. There's no stickering or restickering going on at the stores. The $10 sets are all new stock. At least in my area there weren't even any titles in common between the $6 sets and the $10 sets.
Thanks. An employee at 2 different stores (the ones nearest me that I can check easily) said they never got any $6 BF titles in stock. I checked those stores the week following BF and never saw any $6 sets (normally there would still be a few left). This weekend I asked again and the cashier said she hadn't seen any $6 TV season sets purchased. Given that they don't resticker them, I think I can conclude that my area was purposefully $6 TV season set deprived by the corporate office. That's the first time it's happened, and I sure hope it doesn't happen again. Usually my area gets the same sets as everyone else... eventually (with the exception of Ren & Stimpy Lost Episodes and Donald in Mathmagic Land... the 2 titles forever on my want list that I never find).
Old 12-12-11, 08:36 AM

Picked up Lucy Show Season 3 in Troy, NY--only season I saw. Will say that if it were any more than $10, it would have stayed there. Still looking for seasons 1 & 2, which are better.

Also picked up the 75th anniversary edition of Cleopatra.
Old 12-12-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The store in Waldorf, Md received several boxes of the $10 season sets and there were many (min 3 or 4 of each) copies avialable the last time I was in there (last Thursday).
Old 12-12-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rmw650
Glenn, took your advice and went there this afternoon and let me tell you my friend, the pickings were very, very slim...all they had from what i could remember was Heroes S1, Jericho S2, Dave's World S1, a few titles never heard of before season 1 and that was about it. Just pitiful, if you ask me.
I heard from my brother last Thursday, I think, and he said there were lots of the $10 sets, but some he had to hunt for because they were spread out in different sections. I got word to you as soon as I could, but as I posted, anything new at that store usually goes really fast. He read off the titles to me on the phone and there was just about everything that has been reported. I'm sorry it was a bust by the time you got there.
Old 12-12-11, 04:55 PM

Most of the seasons of HEROES can be had for a little more than ten bucks on Amazon....
Old 12-12-11, 06:44 PM

There's a reason I visit this thread often. Thanks to Strapped, and just the possibility of The Lucy Show, went to my local BL this evening (St. Pete, FL) and tucked away in the back of the $10 TV sets (in the "gift" aisles) was 1 copy each of The Lucy Show Season 1, 2 & 3. Since I just bought Season 4 off Amazon last week, this was a great way to fill up my collection for 30 bucks. Excellent purchase for me, thanks!

Also saw Daves World S1, Hotel and Numbers.
Old 12-12-11, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spoon81
There's a reason I visit this thread often. Thanks to Strapped, and just the possibility of The Lucy Show, went to my local BL this evening (St. Pete, FL) and tucked away in the back of the $10 TV sets (in the "gift" aisles) was 1 copy each of The Lucy Show Season 1, 2 & 3. Since I just bought Season 4 off Amazon last week, this was a great way to fill up my collection for 30 bucks. Excellent purchase for me, thanks!

Also saw Daves World S1, Hotel and Numbers.
And don't forget S5 just came out last week and S6 sometime in 2012 as well.
Old 12-13-11, 06:32 PM

the downtown LA got in the $10 sets they had

Diagnosis murder season 1
Streets of san francisco s1 v1 im looking for season 2 v2 as its the only release i dont have)
Heroes season 2
My three sons a couple of seasons
Heroes season 2
Sabrina the teenage witch season 3
gomer pyle season 3
numbers season 4
rawhide s2 v1,v2
sgt balko season i forgot

and NO LUCY SHOW SEASON 1,2,3
Old 12-13-11, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Shawerma
the downtown LA got in the $10 sets they had

Diagnosis murder season 1
Streets of san francisco s1 v1 im looking for season 2 v2 as its the only release i dont have)
Heroes season 2
My three sons a couple of seasons
Heroes season 2
Sabrina the teenage witch season 3
gomer pyle season 3
numbers season 4
rawhide s2 v1,v2
sgt balko season i forgot

and NO LUCY SHOW SEASON 1,2,3
I saw these last week in LaCanada, but no Rawhide or Lucy either.
Old 12-13-11, 11:41 PM
Cool New Member

Hey all,

I'm brand new to these forums (this being my very first post). I will likely be most active in the Bargains board because...everyone likes to save money when they can.

A new Big Lots store just opened near me within the past 12 months so I go there quite frequently. The closest prior to this was about 20 minutes away....I'm in a prime area having 3 stores fairly close-by.

I've been buying dvds from Big Lots for years due to the great prices and stock they carry. Always something you don't have that is worthy of a purchase....that's actually quite true of the store in general not just their dvd offerings.

Sorry for my rambling. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Look forward to conversing with all of you. I actually found this forum the week of Thanksgiving and decided to join today. I knew someone other than me had to be interested in what has been found at Big Lots stores.
Old 12-14-11, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Pearl St Tacoma, Wa got the latest $8 Blu batch. The titles were so unmemorable that I can't remember any of them!
Old 12-14-11, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Lemme guess- Speed Racer, Semi-Pro and House of Wax. I've seen Hairspray at some of these clearance stores which I'd pick up but the slipcover is always missing, and the cover makes absolutely no sense without it (it has outlines of the characters, who appear on the slipcover.) Just more proof that it's stupid to not shrinkwrap slipcovers with the fucking cases!
Old 12-14-11, 06:43 PM

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to this forum (& had a question that I thought someone on here might have some info about!)

I went to Big Lots yesterday & picked up a copy of "The Sure Thing" for $1.88

The box showed it to be the basic (not alot of extras) edition. On the back of the box it showed both widescreen & full screen editions & the only Special Features listed were an audio commentary & a trivia track.

But when I pulled the dvd out I noticed that it was a dual sided disk (so I figured one side was wide screen & the other full). But when playing it, I realized that Side A was the movie & Side B was a ton of extras that weren't listed on the box as being included. (Four different featurettes of the movie & also trailers).

So I'm guessing that they accidently packaged the "Special Edition" version of the movie in the Standard Version case.

I'm wondering if the factory just made a mistake when packaging some of them. Did anyone else experience this with any of their Big Lots dvds?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ I just pulled out mine and it's single-sided with only the two extras listed.
Old 12-14-11, 07:59 PM

Thanks Screwadu for taking the time to check!

I guess it was just a packaging mistake. I double checked & it def is the Special Edition disk (but came in the Standard edition box).

So if you end up buying it now at BL, you might end up with the SE version instead.

My slight OCD (when it comes to dvds) is kind of bugging me that I have the wrong box for the disk. But for $1.88....I really can't complain.....it was a great deal. : )

Thanks again for checking.
Old 12-14-11, 08:18 PM

I picked up My Three Sons S1V1, S1V2, and S2V1. They all had something rattling inside. It's not the disc. It sounds like one of those little plastic thingies on the hub broke off. (Is there a name for that?)
I was going to switch it for another one, but every set had a rattling sound. I hate that, but it's not a deal breaker for me, and I don't feel like running all over town looking for another one.
Also picked up The Fugitive S2V1.

Last edited by ron lee green; 12-14-11 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 08:06 PM

Stopped off at my local BL in Louisiana and the $10 tv season display must have just been put out in the last 24 hours, nearly a full box with titles already mentioned on this thread. Really pleased to get the three LUCY SHOW sets at $10 each - huge discount, I don't think they've ever been on sale at Amazon or Deepdiscount lower than $22. Toyed with buying THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES season two but given CBS has apparently will not be releasing any other seasons beyond season three, I'll probably not get this one until somebody else picks up the series.
Old 12-15-11, 08:32 PM

Some newer $3 DVDs at the Hamilton Square, NJ store:

The Buddy Holly Story
Salt and Pepper
One More Time
Synecdoche New York
Hairspray (original)
Chisum
Crank (WS)
Flipped
The Dark
Alexander Revisited (WS)
Battle of Britain
The Phantom of the Opera (2004)

Also had a stand near the cashier with some $1 sports titles:
The Bronx is Burning (three disc)
Hu$tle
Ali Rap
Wide World of Sports 40th Anniversary
Old 12-15-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Is "Battle of Britain" the two disc set or single?
Old 12-16-11, 02:04 AM
Cool New Member

My BL put out all of those $1 sports titles with their Thanksgiving day stuff....stuck on the bottom rack.

The Bronx is Burning is more than worth it for a $1...highly recommended.

If I see The Buddy Holly Story in stores I'll pick that up. Good movie.
Old 12-16-11, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
Is "Battle of Britain" the two disc set or single?
It was the two-disc set.
Old 12-16-11, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Lemme guess- Speed Racer, Semi-Pro and House of Wax. I've seen Hairspray at some of these clearance stores which I'd pick up but the slipcover is always missing, and the cover makes absolutely no sense without it (it has outlines of the characters, who appear on the slipcover.) Just more proof that it's stupid to not shrinkwrap slipcovers with the fucking cases!
Some stores purposely remove them as they put them on the shelf. I've seen my local Best Buy employees do this before, and when I ask why they say "Because no one cares about them." That said, they would rather throw them in the trash then sell the DVD/Blu-ray like it was originally meant to be sold.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.