Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 10 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by Sondheim
Wow, those are actually some great titles. I already own most of them, but I might have to go out in search of Winchester 73.

(I haven't been in a Big Lots for... A long time, so it'll be a nice trip down memory lane to go back.)
Same here... I'd pick up Winchester 73 too if I ran across one and might get Yankee Doodle Dandee depending on my mood.
Old 08-27-13, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

The new batches hit here today. No FBI (though Pearl was quite picked out when I got there; Bridgeport didn't have that or Marx Bros either.

Highlights I saw (small quantities on the $3, larger quantities on the 5's & there is a $6.88 batch of DE's that seems to be just sitting:

$3: Key Largo
The Best years Of Our Lives
Great Ziegfeld

$5. Yankee Doodle Dandy (I collect Cagney; though I hate musicals I had to buy this one)
My Little Chickadee
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Spoilers

The $6.88's were mostly DE's. The only one of interest to me which I didn't buy was Downey's Sherlock Homes Sequel
There was also a Harry Potter box of some sort, a few blu's & maybe 10 more MEH $6.88 cd titles.

Biggest stock appeared to be the $5's; several of which would have appealed at $3.

I went to Pearl & Bridgeport; Bridgeport had a better $3 & $6.88 selection & a SLIGHTLY better $5 selection.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 08-28-13 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-28-13, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Found Parental Guidance at my store last week for 5 bucks. I think that's the newest release I've ever seen at Big Lots... It scanned as "Marigold Hotel/Means War" so I guess The Exotic Marigold Hotel and This Means War are also in that assortment, but I did not see those... Also bought Crossing Over on BD for $5. Worth it just for the Alice Eve nude scenes.
Was Parental Guidance DVD or BD? Now that BL sells some BDs, unless I see BD next to the title, I normally assume it's DVD, but I think you (like I) only buy BDs now? So if it was Parental Guidance BD for $5, that's a pretty good deal (especially if it was the BD + DVD combo pack with slipcover). I paid $6 used for it from Gohastings.

If they are going to have surprise BD deals like this on a recent release, I'm almost thinking someone should start a Big Lots BD deals thread in the BD forum so I'll notice it more as I don't look here too often.
Old 08-28-13, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Was Parental Guidance DVD or BD? Now that BL sells some BDs, unless I see BD next to the title, I normally assume it's DVD, but I think you (like I) only buy BDs now? So if it was Parental Guidance BD for $5, that's a pretty good deal (especially if it was the BD + DVD combo pack with slipcover). I paid $6 used for it from Gohastings.

If they are going to have surprise BD deals like this on a recent release, I'm almost thinking someone should start a Big Lots BD deals thread in the BD forum so I'll notice it more as I don't look here too often.

I don't usually respond to your posts, Manzana, since reading them is exhausting enough. This is the DVD Bargains thread and you're wanting clarification if this is a DVD or a BD? As for your suggestion about a Big Lots BD thread, that's a great idea. Such a great idea, that there already is one and I found it with very little effort.
Old 08-28-13, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111

I don't usually respond to your posts, Manzana, since reading them is exhausting enough. This is the DVD Bargains thread and you're wanting clarification if this is a DVD or a BD? As for your suggestion about a Big Lots BD thread, that's a great idea. Such a great idea, that there already is one and I found it with very little effort.
Actually I think Mananza has a good idea. We don't have to be legalistic about where we post deals. Cllarification would be nice and can be done with minimal effort.
Old 08-28-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

As BL doesn't seem to have many BD deals, I understand why most are reported here. It would be nice if the BD Big Lot deals were also in the BD thread. If, in the future, BL seems to have more BD deals to report, I am nb sure long time followers of this thread would also appreciate a heads up...
Old 08-28-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My 2 cents is I would prefer both DVD & Blu here.
Old 08-28-13, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Yep. I don't like the separate bargain sections as many deals work for both and unless you spend time in each you can easily miss stuff.
Old 08-29-13, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111

OK. That BL BD bargains thread is nowhere near the top (so I forgot about it) because people lately have been posting the BD deals in the DVD thread instead of there. Since I tend to look at the BD group a lot more than here, it would be cool if people seeing BD deals at BL would post them in the thread you linked to. If they want to post them here too, it's fine. I rarely use search. I pretty much look at the threads at the top of any group with posts from the last 1-3 days. If we are going to mix BDs and DVDs here, then I hope people will always clarify which format a title is (I believe at least 1 of the earlier posts did not). Thanks.
Old 08-29-13, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw the Universal Anniversary edition of Touch of Evil and Brokeback Mountain with slips for $5, and a bunch of the Harry Potter deluxe year 2 boxes for $6.88
Old 08-30-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There were a ton of that HP box at both stores I was at yesterday.
Old 08-30-13, 04:42 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I saw the Universal Anniversary edition of Touch of Evil
I will be seeking that out.
Old 08-30-13, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by hasslein
I saw the Universal Anniversary edition of Touch of Evil and Brokeback Mountain with slips for $5, and a bunch of the Harry Potter deluxe year 2 boxes for $6.88
Also saw the HP at Ollie's Bargain Outlet for either $6.99 or $7.99 (can't remember the price just seeing it there).. Ollie's is a new store that just popped up on town very near to one of our Big Lots and seems to be another Big Lots type store..
Old 08-31-13, 03:19 PM

I just got around to watching Jason Goes To Hell, which I got because it had the unrated version and audio commentary on it. To my surprise, there was no audio commentary. The back didn't have it listed (should have checked it!), though I am only aware of one DVD version with the unrated cut and that has the audio commentary. I can find no reference to a DVD release that is commentary-less.

Is anybody else aware of this version of the film - unrated but no commentary?

Where did Big Lots get this from?
Old 08-31-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Are you sure you were watching the unrated version? The one I have has both cuts but the commentary is only accessible during the unrated version. Does your disc have just the unrated cut, and no commentary?
Old 08-31-13, 03:31 PM

it has both versions, but I can't find anything to get to a commentary. It is not listed on the audio, and there are no special features (no jump to death scene, etc)!

The way I get to the unrated is when I hit "play" a screen shows up asking me which version to see.

I watched the unrated version. Didn't see an option for a commentary...

Also, the back of the package doesn't list the commentary. Every screenshot of the DVD back I have seen has.

Weird

I may have to check it again.. very strange.
Old 08-31-13, 05:54 PM

never mind.. reloaded the disc.. evidentaly when I watched the movie the player auto-started the play option. (I thought I hit it).

when I went to the main menu, I saw the 'all access' option and -sure enough- there is the commentary.

sheesh..

Sorry for taking this thread off topic..

(though I did notice that the cover and back are indeed different that every DVD cover/back scan I have seen. oh well... I have the unrated and commentary. so I am good!)
Old 09-06-13, 10:24 PM

Been a while since I bought anything at BL, but a $5 off $15 coupon lured me in.

Found @ $5 (there was also an 84 cent off sale!!)

My Little Chickadee
Electric Horseman WS
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Rain Man
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid -Ultimate collector Edition
Ray - WS
Touch of Evil
Old 09-06-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Went in with the new coupon but couldn't find anything new, will try again closer to the expiration date, hopefully they will get some halloween shippers in.
Old 09-06-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a $5 off $20 today & used it. Lexar 16 GB Flash drives were on sale on $9.88, so part of it went to that. Wish BL would start carrying 32 gb drives.
Old 09-06-13, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

My wife got a 5 off of 15 coupon today. I still have never received one of these coupons. Got an e-mail from Big Lots today reminding me that my rewards program was changing on October 1st (had already received notice of this before), so maybe they'll come my way eventually.
Old 09-07-13, 12:47 AM
Cool New Member

The Yakuza for $3.
Old 09-07-13, 11:49 AM

Got a 5 off 5 last week and before I even used it --

I got another 5 off 5 yesterday. (same account)

Funny thing is, the only thing I've purchased in the last 6 months without a coupon or 20% off is a DVD marked down to 1.50.

Even with these coupons, I'm having trouble finding something I really want at my local BL. I could drive to another one, but I'm not going to waste 5 bucks in gas to maybe find something I really want. I keep looking for that Warner shipment at my local BL, but have yet to see it.
Old 09-07-13, 02:12 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hasslein
Saw these at the NoHo store on Vineland Avenue, except Brokeback was only $3. They had a TON of the Harry Potter sets. They're on the left side of that wireframe shelf that has the video games by the registers. Also saw:

Blu-ray: $6.88
My Soul To Take
The Debt
Inside Man

DVD:
Assassination Games (Jean Claude VanDamme)
EDtv
American Graffiti
Cop and a Half
Juwanna Mann
Quick and the Dead (Sam Elliott)
Great Ziegfield
Best Years of Our Lives
My Little Chickadee
Key Largo
A Countess from Hong Kong
Winchester 73
The Spoiler
Seeking a Friend For The End of the World
Old 09-07-13, 08:24 PM

I picked these up today in Buffalo.

$5
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Parenthood (Special Edition)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

$3
Gridlock'd
16 Blocks
Eraser
End of Days
How to Lose Friends and Alienate People
The Invention of Lying
Assassination Games
Moon Over Parador
Edtv
A Perfect Getaway
Altered States
Brighton Beach Memoirs
A Yellow Handkerchief
The Milagro Beanfield War

They had Ultraman Season 1 / Vol 1 for $8.

Last edited by clintfunhome; 09-07-13 at 11:03 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.