Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

WBShop: TV sets up to 80% off! Complete series, seasons and more

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
Re: WBShop: TV sets up to 80% off! Complete series, seasons and more

Tales from the Crypt 1-7 is showing up as $84 in my cart, which $12 per season, not for the complete series.

I checked this deal as soon as it was announced, and I never saw the low prices for TV series that others have. What am I missing?
Old 10-03-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
It's amazing how you often think "there's no way a deal gets better than this". Only to see at some point that it does!

I'm still glad to have found them at Big Lots since I've watched 4 of the first 6 seasons already to this point. And since the reviews are less than glowing about that final season, I think I'm ok with skipping over the deal here and being content with what I've got.
It's happened to me twice now in the past three weeks. First with the STANLEY KRAMER box set from Amazon, which I posted at the time surely had to be one of the best deals of the year. Of course within a week it was at Big Lots for less money.

And now CRYPT, which took a lot longer for a better deal to appear, but unlike you, I never opened mine since picking them up. So this WB deal would have worked for me. However, I have never ever seen such universally bad reviews for a season of a series as I have for the 7th season of CRYPT, so I too am choosing to be content with what I have.
Old 10-03-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gobear
Tales from the Crypt 1-7 is showing up as $84 in my cart, which $12 per season, not for the complete series.

I checked this deal as soon as it was announced, and I never saw the low prices for TV series that others have. What am I missing?
The low prices show up when you check out.
Old 10-03-11, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GMan2819
The low prices show up when you check out.
No, they don't. I went through to the PLACE ORDER page, and the price remained $84 for the complete series. What is the key to getting it down to $12?
Old 10-03-11, 08:01 PM
Zbu

No, they don't. I went through to the PLACE ORDER page, and the price remained $84 for the complete series. What is the key to getting it down to $12?
It happens automatically. The gag was that when you put the stuff in your cart that it would knock the prices down. There would be a 'discounted amount' that would essentially drop the price down a ton.

It still works for a few items, but I think the loopholes are being closed up. A shame because I wouldn't have minded to splurge on all of those even if I wasn't a fan.
Old 10-03-11, 08:02 PM
Cool New Member

I would love the Lois & Clark sets but I need to save for all the Blu-rays coming out this and next month!
Old 10-03-11, 08:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

When I did my order on Thursday for ER, Walton's, and Dukes of Hazzard it showed the discount immediately. First it was listed as anywhere from 88% to 91% off on the sale page, and then when adding it to the cart it showed the discount as well. The only odd thing I noticed on the cart is that it listed the title for $16 and then next to it ($16 each) but the total price was still just listed as $16.

Later they seemed to fix the sale page for most of them by showing the discount as being around 50% off. But in the case of Tales... it still wasn't fixed in the cart, which is why so many continued to order that one.
Old 10-03-11, 08:12 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The deal on Veronica Mars or the crypt has been working intermittenly as well. It could come back. Or they may have sold all they want to sell at that price.
Old 10-03-11, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was working yesterday. Looks like they fixed it.
Old 10-03-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GMan2819
It was working yesterday. Looks like they fixed it.
I already have 1-3, and I don't need 7. I'll get 4, 5, and 6 cheaply by some other venue.
Old 10-03-11, 10:13 PM

My crypt set was shipped out today, but they called to verify my billing address while I was at work today for the full house/fresh prince sets. My billing address was showing up as burbank Ca,

I had seasons 2-4 of crypt, i'm just giving them to a friend who also enjoys them
Old 10-03-11, 10:57 PM

So I have the Babylon 5 and Crusade in my cart and, including taxes, I'm at $102. I paid less than that for each of the BattleStar Galactica and StarGate complete series. I'm thinking I'll maybe empty my cart. Is this really a deal? I haven't yet watched either of the other series I just mentioned so it's not as though I'm in a hurry to buy...
Old 10-04-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by blackmage214
My crypt set was shipped out today, but they called to verify my billing address while I was at work today for the full house/fresh prince sets. My billing address was showing up as burbank Ca,

I had seasons 2-4 of crypt, i'm just giving them to a friend who also enjoys them
When did you order Crypt, and was it listed in stock or was it listed as 10 business days? Thanks.
Old 10-04-11, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
When did you order Crypt, and was it listed in stock or was it listed as 10 business days? Thanks.
I ordered on 9/30 and it was listed to ship by 10/10
Old 10-04-11, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

My order from 9/29 is listed to ship by 10/7. It mentions that all the items are in stock and shipping together on the order page, but I'm still waiting for confirmation.

I actually ordered 7 sets (2 are duplicates), but my account only lists "5 Items" next to the order number. Perhaps their system only acknowledges separate titles and not the quantity of each, but I thought it seemed strange.
Old 10-04-11, 07:48 AM

If you have it all on one order it will list how many seperate titles are in the order, then when you look at the order it will list the quantity beneath the item.

Just finish talking with a WBshop rep. to get my billing address on my first order changed, now just waiting for it to charge my bank account and ship.

They've fix all of the prices now I think. I was adding everything that I could remember that came up cheap and all of them were coming up the prices they were listed at.
Old 10-04-11, 09:10 AM
Suspended

Got Superman yesterday, but today the three other order charges disappeared from my credit cards, but on wb it says they are in process. We'll see.
Old 10-04-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
When was Dallas $16? I jumped on this right after the thread opened and I didnt see it
I jumped in about 20 minutes after it started (on SD since I can't access DVD Talk from work) and ordered the titles that were mentioned for $12 each (except Full House was OOS). I never heard that Dallas or Veronica Mars or Tales from the Crypt were also super cheap until well after I had ordered and it was reported most of the "loopholes" were being closed. I also didn't know about free shipping for orders over $60 until much later. I would've added something else had I known as I was just under that. Sadly such important details sometimes don't get posted until it's too late. If you wait, you risk losing the deal. If you order early, you risk missing additional titles and discounts you can't see. When I was at work I didn't have time to add everything to the cart to see which items had stealth discounts. I was lucky to have the 10 minutes to do this.

Still, hopefully I'll get ER, Waltons, and a couple others I would've never bought unless they were dirt cheap. And if I get them, it'll mark the first WB Shop deal ever where I actually got in on the deal. We shall see...
Old 10-04-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Same here. And I never saw this thread, so didn't know about the awesome price mistakes. Congrats to all who got in. I just tested several items, and couldn't get anything to work, so I assume this is completely dead now.
Old 10-04-11, 04:22 PM

I sent WB an email today asking when my sets might ship and their reply was that the sets are on backorder due to overwhelming demand and will ship when more inventory arrives. Hopefully they won't get cancelled down the road.
Old 10-04-11, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by akiramole
I sent WB an email today asking when my sets might ship and their reply was that the sets are on backorder due to overwhelming demand and will ship when more inventory arrives. Hopefully they won't get cancelled down the road.
DON'T CALL! Or, um, email. Generally, we don't want to possibly alert people of a possible mistake because they may decide to "fix it" and cancel everyone's orders. You should just ride it out and say "the suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."
Old 10-04-11, 05:45 PM

That's funny, Rexx. I've never met anyone as paranoid about jinxing a deal as me. My lips are sealed from now on.
Old 10-04-11, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by akiramole
That's funny, Rexx. I've never met anyone as paranoid about jinxing a deal as me. My lips are sealed from now on.
It's standard protocol for deal hunters.
Old 10-05-11, 12:17 PM

Okay got Tales from the Crypt in. Still waiting for my other order
Old 10-06-11, 08:00 PM

Checked WB and my order was cancelled!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.