Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

ABC Television on DVD Deals?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ABC Television on DVD Deals?

Originally Posted by Manzana
Yes, you and I know that, and that's only logical, but I've posted many times in the past that this is my key contention and point of hatred towards my local BB stores. The managers at my stores have trained and told all of their employees that no coupon of any sort whatsoever (including manufacturer coupons) may be used with any other offer such as U&S or PM'ing. In the end, after debating the manager (who has been there for 5-10 years) a couple different occasions on this with the "manufacturer coupons are the same as cash" argument, he eventually said he didn't care... it's his store and he will do it his way. Corporate supported him the 2 times I called about it.

His primary excuse was he has no way to verify manufacturer coupons and the district kept losing money on them, so he chose to use the "may not be combined with other offers" wording on all manufacturer coupons as a loophole excuse to get out of taking them whenever he could. The employees are so reluctant to take them because (as they've told me in whispers) that the manager (and his 2nd in command) checks the drawers at night looking for "double dipping" and checking transactions using coupons.
What city may I ask do you live near, so I can avoid it? Has anyone ever shown this idiot manager the ABC coupon web site?
Old 08-09-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one in Duarte CA is the same way. I print coupons in black & white to save ink, and they accuse me every time of coupon fraud and won't accept it.
Old 08-10-13, 08:51 AM

News flash. Just looked at this Sunday's BB ad and it specifically says:

To print the coupon for $15 OFF Once Upon a Time BR go to www.ABCTVCOUPON.COM

So all you folks out there who are getting hosed by some dumbass manager tell him to take the ad and shove it up his/her ass
Old 08-10-13, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by hasslein
The one in Duarte CA is the same way. I print coupons in black & white to save ink, and they accuse me every time of coupon fraud and won't accept it.

Dude...waste the 5 cents of color ink and get your 10/15 off
Old 08-10-13, 08:53 AM

Target has OUAT BR season 2 for $38. I fully expect to pay $23 after ABC coupon at Bestbuy.

Last edited by mw390; 08-10-13 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Incomplete post
Old 08-10-13, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mw390
News flash. Just looked at this Sunday's BB ad and it specifically says:

To print the coupon for $15 OFF Once Upon a Time BR go to www.ABCTVCOUPON.COM

So all you folks out there who are getting hosed by some dumbass manager tell him to take the ad and shove it up his/her ass
You have the wrong link listed as this is the link to where you can print out the coupon and for the USA, it's on the left and for Canada, it's on the right side...http://www.abctvondvdcoupon.com/
Old 08-11-13, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dude...waste the 5 cents of color ink and get your 10/15 off
Well that's a theory, I don't know how they'd react to color... I quit trying at that location...
Old 08-11-13, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Target has OUAT BR season 2 for $38. I fully expect to pay $23 after ABC coupon at Bestbuy.
That is correct. PM'ing Target's ad + the $15 mfg coupon should work at 95% of the BBs in the country... with the guaranteed exception of the ones in my area where they weasel out of the mfg coupon with a PM because each is considered a "special offer" and of course special offers can't be combined (double dipping). That's why I go straight to Target (or Walmart), but in this particular case I'm letting my Amazon order fulfill because the price is within 28 cents of the Target Red Card price and I don't trust Target or Walmart to get enough OUAT S2 BDs in stock to last until my work de-imprisons me on Tuesday.
Old 08-14-13, 03:03 PM

Has anyone purchased OUAT? Any sign of a coupon inside?
Old 08-14-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LPMA
Has anyone purchased OUAT? Any sign of a coupon inside?
Purchased the BR. No coupon (or any insert for that matter) inside.
Old 08-14-13, 08:02 PM

Did the BD have a coupon last year?
Old 08-15-13, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

yes
Old 08-15-13, 07:55 AM

So I guess that's a wrap for this promotion then!
Old 08-19-13, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The $10 coupon for Revenge: Complete Second Season DVD is now live.

www.abctvondvdcoupon.com
Old 08-20-13, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
The $10 coupon for Revenge: Complete Second Season DVD is now live.
Yes. Expires 8/27.

At least Revenge S2 is in both the BB and Target weakly ads, so we've got a chance that there may be 2-4 copies at Target on Tuesday at 8 AM which might last until 10-noon at which time they'll be OOS for most (if not the remainder) of the week. I can't get there until late afternoon (due to this evil thing called work that imprisons me in the morning) so I never know if I'll ever get anything at Target any more.
Old 08-20-13, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Why would they sell out by noon? There is no bonus disc this time. I'd be shocked if stores only get 2-4 copies of a regular release.
Old 08-20-13, 05:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Manzana
Yes. Expires 8/27.

At least Revenge S2 is in both the BB and Target weakly ads, so we've got a chance that there may be 2-4 copies at Target on Tuesday at 8 AM which might last until 10-noon at which time they'll be OOS for most (if not the remainder) of the week. I can't get there until late afternoon (due to this evil thing called work that imprisons me in the morning) so I never know if I'll ever get anything at Target any more.

Do you live in a small city? My Target always has lots of copies of shows. There were about 5 copies of Revenge left (I'm guessing they started with about 10, and probably had more in back) Best Buy was fully stocked.
Old 08-20-13, 10:46 PM

Grey's Anatomy Season 9 coupon is available.
Old 08-20-13, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Bummer there appears to be no coupon insert.

So now if these get discounted during the Holidays, won't be able to get any $9.99 or $14.99 deals.

I watch and own quite a few of these ABC shows. Honestly, hardly any of these are really worth owning. I love Castle and have every season and the episodes do have replay value. Unless you haven't seen it, something like Revenge has zero replay value. Season 2 was kind of a chore to get through. It did get better near the end.
Old 08-21-13, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by ZmaXcharmvill3
Do you live in a small city? My Target always has lots of copies of shows. There were about 5 copies of Revenge left (I'm guessing they started with about 10, and probably had more in back) Best Buy was fully stocked.
No, I live near (but outside of) a large city where there are Targets and Walmarts roughly every 5 miles (BBs are more like 10 miles apart). I checked 1 Target and 1 Walmart yesterday afternoon... Target had 2 copies of Revenge S2 left and Walmart had 0, so my guess is that Target got 4-6 and Walmart got 2-4. Either way that's too few. My opinion is you should be able to buy a new release at any store any day during release week rather than only on Tuesday morning or afternoon or maybe Friday/Saturday if they get a couple more in stock on the truck by then. Stores are just too cheap to get sufficient quantity these days of almost anything. I wonder if these stores in a truly dense popular center (like Manhattan) also get crappy low quantities?
Old 08-22-13, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya

So now if these get discounted during the Holidays, won't be able to get any $9.99 or $14.99 deals.

I watch and own quite a few of these ABC shows. Honestly, hardly any of these are really worth owning. I love Castle and have every season and the episodes do have replay value. Unless you haven't seen it, something like Revenge has zero replay value. Season 2 was kind of a chore to get through. It did get better near the end.
The lack of coupon insert might seriously hinder my purchase of ABC shows.
Old 08-22-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

Yes, that is the only reason I buy these shows. I don't even buy them during release week most of the time because Target seems to always put them on a deeper discount around BF and the $10 coupon made them attractive. 5-10 bucks was my limit on these and w/o the coupon, that's almost impossible. Oh well, Disney's already cut most of their coupons for new BD releases. Now this.
Old 08-27-13, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

$10 Scandal coupon is now active.
Old 09-03-13, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

$10 Castle coupon is now active.
Old 09-03-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I'm thinking the Army Wives S7 $10 off coupon should be popping up a week from today at the very latest on that site.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.