DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

ABC Television on DVD Deals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-13, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: ABC Television on DVD Deals?

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I got a copy at Target today and it was on sale for $16.99($6.99 after coupon).
Does it come with a coupon for $10 off for future ABC shows coming out?
Old 05-22-13, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Does it come with a coupon for $10 off for future ABC shows coming out?
Mine didn't.

Last edited by mcjw_serenity; 05-23-13 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a copy at Target today and it was on sale for $16.99($6.99 after coupon).
Thanks for the info! I was going to get this release at Best Buy but saw your post and headed to Target instead. Picked up the second to last copy for $6.99.
Old 05-24-13, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$10 coupon for Red Widow is now live.
Old 05-24-13, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
Kyle, totally agree with you as I have to scramble around Best Buy stores in my area just to find one copy of this thing on the shelf. I mean, hell, it's a new release so why not carry it in store as you can only use the coupon in the store as well. If they don't have it, screw it, I'll go to Target or Wal-Mart and see if they carry it there...somebody should, you would think.
Since I happened to go to Target and Walmart on release day, I can say that Perception S1 had 1 copy at each Target, 2 copies at Walmart, and with the above info 2 copies at BB. So if you weren't fast then you wouldn't be getting any. So my original statement about these ABC coupons being "almost vaporware" (meaning you can't easily find these on the shelves of any B&M stores that take coupons due to their "ultra low (almost zero) B&M inventory model") is accurate. Soon these coupons will be about as useful at B&M stores as issuing coupons to buy parts for a horse-drawn buggy. Maybe they'll finally find a way to issue them for online redemption or they'll end up phasing them out anyway. Unfortunately too many stores have said they can't make money on movies except on new releases (where there's a huge markup because they are brand new and some people who are are impatient are willing to pay too much) so they are going to only carrying new releases and a select handful of sale titles (i.e. ones they got on special like Big Lots used to). They are too chicken to take risks on buying any decent quantity of anything else any more. So, theoretically new releases like Perception and Red Widow should be at B&M stores, but then the titles have to be "sufficiently hip and cool" to be bought in any decent quantity and these probably aren't.

That said, I did blind buy a Perception S1 DVD for $6.99 at Target because I went early. I can handle that price for a DVD. I wonder if Target got another whopping 1 copy later during the week for someone else before the coupon expires.

So, I'll assume a similar pattern on Red Widow where the best we can hope for is 2 copies at each store and more likely it'll be 0-1 copies (Private Practice S6 got 0 copies at all stores in my area).
Old 05-24-13, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Picked up Perception with the coupon for $6.99 plus tax.

Seriously Manzana, you need to take a timeout from the DVD/BD Bargains forum. Stop obsessing about stuff you don't need. Plus, your rants are ridiculous. You claim you have no time for TV with work and family, then why keep loading up on hundreds of dollars of unwatched product like these ABC shows that you don't watch. I personally only get shows I watch and can enjoy in the future. I don't buy stuff I have never seen or may not like just because it's a "good deal." It's a waste of time and money.

Anyways, season 2 starts in a few weeks on TNT. Going to try to zoom through the episodes and catch it live week to week. It's only 10 episodes with 0 extras. I can see why it was so cheap with the coupon.

It's a light procedural. So it should make easy viewing.

Last edited by DJariya; 05-24-13 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-14-13, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

$10 coupon for Body of Proof Season 3 is now up.
Old 06-15-13, 08:12 PM

Had to use Google Chrome instead of IE to get the coupon but I printed it. Hope Walmart or Target has a better price for BOP than Best Buy.
Old 06-17-13, 11:57 AM

Will any of the major retailers who take coupons (such as BB, Target, and Walmart) even carry Body of Proof S3 on release day? (And if they do it'll likely be 1-2 copies for the entire week.)

I ask this in all seriousness because a prior series recently released was not sold at any of these stores in my area, so the coupon was worthless. IIRC it was Private Practice S6.
Old 06-17-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

It's listed in the BB ad.
Old 06-18-13, 10:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

If anyone finds this at Target today can you please let us know what the price is? Thanks.
Old 06-18-13, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
If anyone finds this at Target today can you please let us know what the price is? Thanks.
Their website says online only. I checked Wal-Mart and it was ~$30 so looks like Best Buy is the only way to go.
Old 06-18-13, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk God

$17.99 + tax after coupon isn't horrible for a 13 episode season.

Unfortunately for those who aren't aware the show got cancelled after this past season (which is this DVD set)
Old 06-18-13, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Surfinhank

I checked a couple of locations today. Alas, it would seem that they won't be selling this title in-store.
Old 06-20-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Went to Walmart today. Body of Proof was $29.96.

Looks like Best Buy is the way to go.

For anyone who picked it up, did it come with the $10 off coupon for other ABC shows coming out later this's year?
Old 06-20-13, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Went to Walmart today. Body of Proof was $29.96.

Looks like Best Buy is the way to go.

For anyone who picked it up, did it come with the $10 off coupon for other ABC shows coming out later this's year?
Mine did not.
Old 07-09-13, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Amazon lightning deal for complete Desperate Housewives $63.99, good till 6 a.m. Pacific.
Old 07-09-13, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

I did get Body of Proof season 3 when the online ABC coupon was active for $17.99 w/ coupon at Best Buy.

Surprised to see there was no $10 off coupon for future ABC releases.

I have to wonder if they are holding off on the coupon for the later more popular releases like Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Castle etc.?
Old 08-06-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Once Upon a Time: Second Season coupons are now live($15 for the Blu-ray, $10 for the DVD).
Old 08-07-13, 01:20 PM

I'll be curious to know if this one has the coupon inside. If it doesn't, I think I'll consider that promotion officially dead.
Old 08-07-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

So far none of the ABC shows released on DVD have the $10 off coupon in the packaging from the last few years.

If Once Upon a Time season 2 doesn't have it, then more than likely the coupon is dead.
Old 08-08-13, 06:22 AM

Given that Target has the best deal @ $37.99 before coupon (and given that my BBs would 99% likely refuse to PM Target and take a $15 mfg coupon at the same time claiming it's double dipping), how many copies do people think Target will get of OUTA S2 BD? My guess is 2. In the past I used to be able to get to Target when they open, but my lying gestappo work now forces me to come in before Target opens so I can't get to Target until late afternoon.

I assume Amazon will PM Target's $37.99 with the $15 coupon, so perhaps I should just keep my Amazon order even though I'd like to get the extra 5% off for the RC because I have a feeling all Targets will be OOS of all 2-4 copies they get within a few hours and probably won't get any more copies until the day after the $15 coupon expires.

EDIT: I didn't think about Walmart earlier, but they are usually willing to PM and take a mfg coupon (though sometimes they call over supervisors and managers to scrutinize it), so the issue there will be... will dear old Wally World even bother to carry this in store and if so will it also be a couple copies like Target? You never know. That's the killer about Amazon preorders... they ship on (or before) release date and you never know if local stores will have any inventory until after you had to decide whether to cancel your Amazon preorder. Maybe I should just roll dice... it would be equally accurate as guessing.

Last edited by Manzana; 08-08-13 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-08-13, 12:18 PM

It''s not double dipping. BB SHOULD PM Target AND take the coupon. ABC is reimbursing them the $15.00
+ a handling cost. So no loss for them
Old 08-08-13, 01:29 PM

Yeah I never quite understood why some stores are so reluctant to accept coupons.
Old 08-09-13, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by mw390
It''s not double dipping. BB SHOULD PM Target AND take the coupon. ABC is reimbursing them the $15.00
+ a handling cost. So no loss for them
Yes, you and I know that, and that's only logical, but I've posted many times in the past that this is my key contention and point of hatred towards my local BB stores. The managers at my stores have trained and told all of their employees that no coupon of any sort whatsoever (including manufacturer coupons) may be used with any other offer such as U&S or PM'ing. In the end, after debating the manager (who has been there for 5-10 years) a couple different occasions on this with the "manufacturer coupons are the same as cash" argument, he eventually said he didn't care... it's his store and he will do it his way. Corporate supported him the 2 times I called about it.
Originally Posted by LPMA
Yeah I never quite understood why some stores are so reluctant to accept coupons.
His primary excuse was he has no way to verify manufacturer coupons and the district kept losing money on them, so he chose to use the "may not be combined with other offers" wording on all manufacturer coupons as a loophole excuse to get out of taking them whenever he could. The employees are so reluctant to take them because (as they've told me in whispers) that the manager (and his 2nd in command) checks the drawers at night looking for "double dipping" and checking transactions using coupons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.