Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 DeepDiscount.com coupon on Facebook (1 day only)!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$5 DeepDiscount.com coupon on Facebook (1 day only)!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-11, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $5 DeepDiscount.com coupon on Facebook (1 day only)!

I went to the site to see if there was anything I wanted, but the site is down. Nice of them to do that during the last part of a sale...
Old 07-27-11, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by N8 Storm
I went to the site to see if there was anything I wanted, but the site is down. Nice of them to do that during the last part of a sale...
What sale? The $5 coupon expired at noon Central today.
Old 07-27-11, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
What sale? The $5 coupon expired at noon Central today.
I think they mean the 20% and 30% deal on other stuff there.
Old 08-03-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

My order arrived, wrapped in a thin foam envelope. Seriously, DD?
Old 08-03-11, 01:27 PM

mine arrived in a vaccum sealed, sticky plastic with a bunch of holes, which clung to the wrapper like a mofo. Worst (albiet probably fastest) packaging ever. It's kinda like getting something wrapped in 2 semi-adhesive stickers.
Old 08-03-11, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aoskar
mine arrived in a vaccum sealed, sticky plastic with a bunch of holes, which clung to the wrapper like a mofo. Worst (albiet probably fastest) packaging ever. It's kinda like getting something wrapped in 2 semi-adhesive stickers.
I know what you mean, that's how mine was. It was a pain in the arse to really get the thing open. Like doing surgery.
Old 08-03-11, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aoskar
Originally Posted by MovieFanatic81
I know what you mean, that's how mine was. It was a pain in the arse to really get the thing open. Like doing surgery.
I had both orders arrive today... one arrived just like this. And thanks to the complete lack of protection the case came smashed. The other came in a thin layer of bubble wrap but arrived fine.

I remember why I don't shop with DD very often anymore.
Old 08-03-11, 04:06 PM

First order ever at DD was The Guild S4 not bad for $5. It came in the same packaging that you guys have mention, I thought I was going to rip the dvd case trying to pull the adhesive off. Unless I get a great deal from them I'm sticking with amazon or gohastings.(just started ordering from them. so far all my used stuff has been like new)
Old 08-03-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to notice DD not changing their ways of taking care of customers' orders.
Old 08-03-11, 08:32 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They've been using this packaging for a while. I've received multiple items from DVDplanet and DD like this and have been surprised that I haven't had more problems. I wonder if they will be sending the Star Wars Saga BD set in the same way. I don't think I would say Gohastings.com was better. I've received everything in envelopes and occasionaly get stuff in bad condition from them. In their case, its often sent that way and not from shipping.

Last edited by g; 08-03-11 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scissors people... scissors.
Old 08-06-11, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

^Yeah, but I just got my first package in this stuff. All scissors do is get you started, and you dang well better be careful with them! This stuff is thin plastic with a contact cement backing so it'll self-adhere when the sides come together. Other than the total lack of protection the cement also sticks very well to the celophane of the DVD. While a rolling action will remove the residue, getting this crap wrapper off in the first place is worse than getting those very persistent security seals to come off. I'd rather receive a package in that horrible plastic tray than this stuff. I'm hoping this is simply due to the item being a single DVD that was purchased with a special coupon. This packaging coupled with the "remaindered" DVD I received a couple of orders ago will have me thinking twice about further orders from DD. That remaindered selection was *not* indicated as such on the site and arrived with a badly slashed UPC. I expect that from oldies.com but *not* DD!
Old 08-07-11, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I'm hoping this is simply due to the item being a single DVD that was purchased with a special coupon.
It's not. The adhesive bubble wrap (or worse, the plastic sheets) have become the standard shipping materials of DD since the new oweners took over last year. I've placed several orders from them in the last 10 months, so trust me here: If less than 4 DVDs go out in a single shipment, this is the packaging you can expect every time.
Old 08-07-11, 07:26 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

That single-layer adhesive wrap is terrible, and their prices aren't very good anymore either. The only time I ever order from DD anymore is if they send me a coupon for $5 or $10 to use on what's in my wish list (or whatever).

I so very rarely ever visit facebook, so by the time I heard about this $5 off coupon, it was already over. Dammit... -kd5-
Old 08-07-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It is about cost saving. You dont get first class on budget pricing. I cant figure out how half these companies are staying in business. I ordered and $8 item from Barnes and Noble and they shipped it Priority Mail for free. There is not that much profit in media products so I dont know what they are doing.