Target $5 tv series on dvd

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target $5 tv series on dvd

Old 06-15-12, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target $5 tv series on dvd

Originally Posted by Rinzler
I don't think it has been mentioned but my store has Ancient Aliens Ssn. 1 for $5, I want to get it each time but I will wait until I get the Blu-ray version (which is not bad on Amazon right now).
Didn't even know this was on BD. Back to Target it goes....
Old 06-15-12, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Lexx worth picking up? I see several people here have bought it, but what can I expect?
Old 06-16-12, 01:53 AM
Cool New Member

Lexx is a very odd duck. The closet thing I can think of is Barbarella. Pretty good review here on the site. (ugh, cant do urls. Do a search on the site - Lexx complete second season.)

For $10 its worth it IF the review sounds interesting. If it doesn't skip it.
Old 07-16-12, 08:37 PM

Bumping to say that I found Lexx Season 3 this afternoon, same price as the previous two seasons.
Old 07-17-12, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nezumi
Bumping to say that I found Lexx Season 3 this afternoon, same price as the previous two seasons.
I can confirm this. My Target, La Plata MD, has all three seasons for $5 each.
Old 07-17-12, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Makes me cry over the hundreds I spent buying those years ago. Granted, mine are better releases with extras... But still...
I met Stanley Tweedle years ago and got a great picture with him! Would love to meet Xenia Seeberg (Xev #2)...
Old 07-17-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Makes me cry over the hundreds I spent buying those years ago. Granted, mine are better releases with extras... But still...
I met Stanley Tweedle years ago and got a great picture with him! Would love to meet Xenia Seeberg (Xev #2)...
Brian (Stanley Tweedle) is supposed to be quite an accomplished musician.
Old 07-17-12, 09:07 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
Picked up Season 3 for $5 as well... -kd5-
Old 07-18-12, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by MScottM
There are 4 seasons
Old 07-18-12, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

Thanks for the "heads up"! I got one today.
Old 07-19-12, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I paid a LOT for my seasons of Lexx years ago. Well, S1 wasn't released in a box set. I actually had to import the 4 individual movies from Canada.
You're still better off with those four, because at least there are no edits in the four individual Koch releases. From reviews I read at the time the Echo Bridge set was released, there were some minor edits in I Worship His Shadow (I think a swear word might have gotten overdubbed, and the scene with the exposed brain might have been shortened). I think one of the other movies had some edits, too (but not Eva Habermann's nude scene, as I recall).
Old 07-21-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!

I noticed a Lexx Season3 & Season 4 Pack for $14.99 at Best Buy earlier this week (if someone can't wait to be a completist.... like me - but I have the original Canadian versions).
Old 07-21-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^It's also on the BB website for $14.99 with free shipping. Oddly enough, S3 & S4 are available separately for $14.99 *each*.
Old 11-29-12, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I noticed a Lexx Season3 & Season 4 Pack for $14.99 at Best Buy earlier this week (if someone can't wait to be a completist.... like me - but I have the original Canadian versions).
Looks like this showed up at Target. $10 for S3/S4 Pack.
Old 11-29-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^It's been at the Target here for a couple of months. Of course it showed up *after* the receipt I have for S3 @ $5 expired! Means S4 is going to cost me ~$10 no matter how I purchase it... It's so annoying that I've considered purchasing the S3/S4 pack and just returning the S3 during the after Christmas "got the wrong thing and they didn't give me a receipt" return season for a store credit.
Old 11-29-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You don't have to wait until after Christmas to do a receiptless return, just keep it under $70.
Old 11-30-12, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^It's been at the Target here for a couple of months. Of course it showed up *after* the receipt I have for S3 @ $5 expired! Means S4 is going to cost me ~$10 no matter how I purchase it... It's so annoying that I've considered purchasing the S3/S4 pack and just returning the S3 during the after Christmas "got the wrong thing and they didn't give me a receipt" return season for a store credit.
I'm in the same boat. I picked up S3 on sale for $3.99 expecting them to eventually get in the S4 set. Now, all the individual season sets are only available online and I don't want to pay $10 for the S3/S4 set.
Old 11-30-12, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought Lexx S1-S3 for $4 each (before whopping 5% Red Card discount) in mid August. Yes, it's now past the 90 day window, but I'm just missing S4. Lexx is weird in so many ways. I can't tell you if I like it or not, but I own it. I blind bought it based on recommendations and then found Amazon has a few free episodes, so I watched those. For the first 30-60 minutes of the pilot I hated it thinking what freak wrote this? Were the special effects done on a Commodore 64 because they were so blocky? But then Eva Haberman entered, plus it also started getting a little interesting. It's so far off the wall I never know what to expect. Racks of brains, a guy you could cut in pieces and he'd regenerate, some weird lady with an extra head hanging off her back. I've only watched a few episodes but I watch it and both like it and dislike it at the same time. I'm not even sure if I want S4 unless it's really cheap. I haven't watched any of the post Eva episodes so I don't know if I'd like them.

I'm sure you could return your Lexx S3 for $4 or $5 at Target using your ID. It just counts towards your yearly rolling window total of $70 + tax. It's not like other places that count the number of return occurrences rather than dollar amounts, so you could return 14 $5 items on difference occasions to Target each year without a problem.
Old 12-03-12, 06:48 AM

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

The Lexx packs (1&2, 3&4) are now on sale for $7.50 each. Picked up the whole show (blind buy) for $15 + tax yesterday. FWIW, the discs are single sided and not numbered. They all say "LEXX" and have different color artwork, but nothing indicating which season or episodes are included. The episodes are not divided evenly over the discs, so one DVD might have ten episodes crammed on it while the next has only four (in the same season). They could have avoided compression issues on a few of the discs if they had distributed the content more evenly. The case has the discs stacked on top of each other, but they were all in great shape.

BTW, I believe this was part of a larger TV on DVD sale at Target. There were quite a few seasons on sale: Arrested Development S1 for $7.50, Andy Griffith S1 for $6.99 and a two seasons of Dennis the Menace (Shout! Factory) for $12.99 each.
Old 12-03-12, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b
The Lexx packs (1&2, 3&4) are now on sale for $7.50 each. Picked up the whole show (blind buy) for $15 + tax yesterday. FWIW, the discs are single sided and not numbered. They all say "LEXX" and have different color artwork, but nothing indicating which season or episodes are included. The episodes are not divided evenly over the discs, so one DVD might have ten episodes crammed on it while the next has only four (in the same season). They could have avoided compression issues on a few of the discs if they had distributed the content more evenly. The case has the discs stacked on top of each other, but they were all in great shape.
Unfortunately (and as usual with most B&Ms) they wait until after my 90 day return period has passed to have the better deals (I bought around mid August). If I could I'd return S3 for the $3.99 I paid and buy S3+S4 for $7.50 even though I have no idea if I like the later seasons and S4 is worth getting. I only do it because of OCD completionist. I guess I still could do that without receipt given that I assume S3 is still worth $4 and that doesn't consume much of one's precious $70 per year.

So when does the $7.50 for Lexx S3+S4 sale end? Is it this week or already over?
Old 12-03-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Isn't is a sad statement that I can pretty much justify making that S3/S4 purchase for $7.50 but *not* for $10? Of course by the time I get to Target they'll have sold the 2 copies they have on the shelf...
Old 12-03-12, 10:45 PM

Isn't is a sad statement that I can pretty much justify making that S3/S4 purchase for $7.50 but *not* for $10? Of course by the time I get to Target they'll have sold the 2 copies they have on the shelf...
Same here. If I can get the S3/S4 combo pack for $7.50 or less, I'll get it and try to get rid of S3 unopened for $4. If it's any higher then I'll keep waiting. I checked 1 Target today which didn't carry it of course, and there were only 2 Targets within a 15 mile radius of that store that had them, the closest of which is 5 miles out of my way. Each of these 2 stores out of almost a dozen Targets supposedly has 2 copies each. It's yet another typical Target ultra-low inventory item. Basically if it's still there the next time I'm out that way, I'll get it, but if not oh well. Adding time and gas pushes it over the edge.
Old 12-04-12, 07:39 AM

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
So when does the $7.50 for Lexx S3+S4 sale end? Is it this week or already over?
The shelf tag just mentioned "Limited Time Only" and I didn't check for any fine print. Since I bought them on Sunday, hopefully the sale will at least run until the end of the week.
Old 12-04-12, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
Unfortunately (and as usual with most B&Ms) they wait until after my 90 day return period has passed to have the better deals (I bought around mid August). If I could I'd return S3 for the $3.99 I paid and buy S3+S4 for $7.50 even though I have no idea if I like the later seasons and S4 is worth getting. I only do it because of OCD completionist. I guess I still could do that without receipt given that I assume S3 is still worth $4 and that doesn't consume much of one's precious $70 per year.

The show changes drastically in S2. S4 takes place on Earth. Personally, I love Lexx. Lexx and Farscape overlapped. It was a good era of sci-fi on TV... I have the original, expensive as fuck releases... For the price, I think it's a no-brainer...
Old 12-04-12, 09:05 AM

I got the season 3-4 set yesterday at Target for $7.50. If I knew they were going to have a season 1-2 set for $7.50 I wouldn't have bought seasons 1 and 2 separately for $5 each a few months ago.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.