Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream (3 DVD/1 CD set) - $4.99 @ Best Buy

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream (3 DVD/1 CD set) - $4.99 @ Best Buy

Old 07-11-11, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream (3 DVD/1 CD set) - $4.99 @ Best Buy

It took 3 weeks but I finally got my Woodstock Vinyls. Now Im still waiting on the Who dvd set. I noticed its been pulled off the site, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.
Old 07-11-11, 02:57 PM
X
Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bobwil54 View Post
It took 3 weeks but I finally got my Woodstock Vinyls. Now Im still waiting on the Who dvd set. I noticed its been pulled off the site, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.
It will.
Old 07-11-11, 03:27 PM

Just got the notice

Thank you for your recent Amazing Journey: Store Of The Who DVD (sku 8595451) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, BestBuy.com is out of stock on this item for shipping and unable to obtain any more; and as a result, your order will be canceled. However, we do have limited inventory available in stores. I don't know why they waited 3 weeks to cancel.
Old 07-11-11, 07:39 PM

I had placed a couple of orders at different stores and each one came back with an item that turned out to be unavailable. I called the customer service # listed in the email and they are shipping each one of the items to me with free shipping. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. Looks like their online inventory could be a little more accurate. I couldn't find Tom Petty's box set or Elton John's, so I ended up ordering them and paying a relatively small shipping charge for each. Thanks to the OP and other posters in this thread I scored some pretty good stuff.

Last edited by conehead433; 07-11-11 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-11-11, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got the notice

Thank you for your recent Amazing Journey: Store Of The Who DVD (sku 8595451) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, BestBuy.com is out of stock on this item for shipping and unable to obtain any more; and as a result, your order will be canceled. However, we do have limited inventory available in stores. I don't know why they waited 3 weeks to cancel.
I got that notice also.
Old 07-11-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just saw a list of a second BB wholesale dump. Apparently the Petty's are gone (other than in BB stores).

But checkout some of these quantities they are still dumping:

Justin Timberlake: 44,888
ROLLING STONES: THE BIGGEST BANG 25,909
SMASHING PUMPKINS:ZEITGEIST 26,714
Guns & Roses CD 17,595
Elton John Red Piano CD/DVD 14,148
Beatles Love Documentary 18,480
And smaller quantities of Aguilera, Carey & Three Days Grace
Old 07-12-11, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got the notice

Thank you for your recent Amazing Journey: Store Of The Who DVD (sku 8595451) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, BestBuy.com is out of stock on this item for shipping and unable to obtain any more; and as a result, your order will be canceled. However, we do have limited inventory available in stores.
I got the same notice for that and the Story of the Who set. I called the customer service number and they could only find one store (30 miles away) that had just the Amazing Journey and nothing that had the other one. I had them schedule the one for pickup, but don't know if I want to drive all that way just to get it.
Old 07-12-11, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My Woodstock got cancelled 2x.
Old 07-12-11, 01:46 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post
Thanks! Ordered the Tom Petty, The Police, The Who, and The Rolling Stones sets.
Just got a cancellation on The Who set.

Received everything else, including Petty x 3.
Old 07-13-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

MooMooMooMoo, where did you get the sales numbers? It is on their site for each title? I guess I should look. I'm curious how the Elton John Red Piano BD did vs. the DVD.

I only bought 2 Elton John sets and 1 cheap filler item, and that might have been a mistake. The reviews of the Red Piano BD were mixed... either saying horrible video quality or making no mention of any video problems. If it's horrible, you'd think all reviews would mention it.

Unfortunately my extremely limited musical tastes means I don't care for most of the groups mentioned in this thread even though the sets seem like great deals for what you're getting. I won't name specific groups other than to say I'm only familiar with Elton John and The Beatles, and Elton John's music after the 70's has been (as Darth Vader might say): unimpressive... most unimpressive. I listened to some random music samples of music by other artists/groups in this deal off Amazon and that didn't make me want to buy them even at these good prices. Well, I do like a few Rolling Stones and The Who songs, but not enough to make me buy the whole set. I'm just too fussy.