Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Deep Discount Spring BOGO Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Re: Deep Discount Spring BOGO Sale

I note that they have "Hardware" on the BOGO list for $12.76 (from a $14.95 MSRP).

They also have a listing for a"Hardware" DVD for $23.32 (from a $29.98 MSRP) that's not on the BOGO list.

It would appear that the "Hardware" available as part of the BOGO may not the be two-disc edition released a couple of years ago, though I can't find listings for a single disc version on Amazon or DVDEmpire. Anyone know what's going on?
Old 04-16-11, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
Finally a respectable deal on Grapes of Death; thinking of pairing it with The Deadly Spawn.

How's Thriller (the one eye revenge flick)?
Grapes of Death is great. Did not like Thriller, which was overhyped by receiving the Quentin Tarantino seal of approval. I do recommend Castle of Blood with Barbara Steele if you are into gothic horror like Black Sunday.
Old 04-17-11, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by schbee
Thanks OP, I appreciate every deal and found about 10 so thanks. Not sure why some still have to mention they couldnt find anything, never sure the point of their posts.
I agree with the spirit of this post right here. I've dipped back into Deep Discount in the past couple of months, and their turnaround order-to-ship time has actually been quicker than I remember it being even in their heyday, and I've gotten my merch within a week of ship.

Looking forward to my 1-2 punch of Santa Sangre (for omigod $1 more than Amazon) with the original Inglorious Bastards for free. It may be here by the middle or tail end of next week.
Might even go back while I wait for some stuff from their concurrent kid's movie/TV sale.
Old 04-17-11, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I note that they have "Hardware" on the BOGO list for $12.76 (from a $14.95 MSRP).

They also have a listing for a"Hardware" DVD for $23.32 (from a $29.98 MSRP) that's not on the BOGO list.

It would appear that the "Hardware" available as part of the BOGO may not the be two-disc edition released a couple of years ago, though I can't find listings for a single disc version on Amazon or DVDEmpire. Anyone know what's going on?
I found an Hardware listing at Amazon:

Hardware

But it's not particularly helpful.
Old 04-17-11, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic price on the MELODY RANCH import dvds, $11.97-13.79 and BOGO. This was a regional country music show out of California in the late 60's which had a number of name guest stars including Merle Haggard, Tex Ritter, Lynn Anderson, Barbara Mandrell, Waylon Jennings, Donna Fargo, the Dillards, Roy Clark, etc. These are never on sale at Amazon and sell for around $21 each.
Old 04-17-11, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevy
*How is their packaging of orders/shipments from your past experiences?
It really depends. Sometimes they come in a box (usually more than 3 titles), a bubble mailer, a cardboard mailer -- or if it's a single title, they might just throw two sticky plastic sheets on either side of your DVD and call it a day.

*When they say something is "in stock" is the site usually accurate/reliable?
Again, it depends. Usually, if your confirmation e-mail indicates "In Stock" then it will be shipping soon. I've ordered items listed as "Backordered" on the site only to have them listed as "In Stock" on my confirmation e-mail, and vice versa. Kinda frustrating.

*For those familiar with Synapse titles (prices/sales history) how do these
prices compare?
Pretty darn good. The cheapest sale prices I've seen for the 14.xx titles were about $8. Of course, I already picked up most of the ones I wanted for $10 a couple years back. This is about the best deal I've seen for those brand new.

It's definitely the lowest I've seen the $17.xx titles go for. At under $9 each with the B1G1 offer, these are the best prices I've come across for those by at least three dollar. Sadly, the only Synapse title I want in that price range is "Christmas Evil" and I can't find another title to pair it with.
Old 04-17-11, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 251 Posts

I concur about the Synapse DVDs, this is the cheapest I have ever seen them...I picked up 16 titles!
Old 04-17-11, 06:53 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by seans515
This would be a pretty boring site if all the posts were "I didnt find this", "I wish they had this".... Who cares that you dont like a sale or didnt find something
Who cares that you don't like what I think.

You need to get used to it if you're going to stay here, you're going to find people saying things like I said in every thread you read. Not everything is nicey nice everywhere you go. -kd5-
Old 04-17-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

I wish Curse of the Demon would mysteriously show back in stock... but I ordered it anyway along with Patrick, Thirst, and Strange Behavior. I think this is enough for me... for this morning.

Edit: ...but it keeps stalling on me at the shipping method selection, odd. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by Undeadcow; 04-17-11 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-17-11, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
I wish Curse of the Demon would mysteriously show back in stock... but I ordered it anyway along with Patrick, Thirst, and Strange Behavior. I think this is enough for me... for this morning.

Edit: ...but it keeps stalling on me at the shipping method selection, odd. Anyone else seeing this?
I've had problems all weekend with my orders stalling during checkout....had to keep re-trying until they eventually went through.
Old 04-17-11, 11:39 AM

I tried to place an order and I got a server error. I actually hit submit order or I wouldn't worry about it. Don't think it went through since there's no temp charge on my account, but I'm kinda leary of trying again ... don't want the hassle of multiple orders and trying to get DD to take care of it.

Anyone else get this?
Old 04-17-11, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I tried to place an order and I got a server error. I actually hit submit order or I wouldn't worry about it. Don't think it went through since there's no temp charge on my account, but I'm kinda leary of trying again ... don't want the hassle of multiple orders and trying to get DD to take care of it.

Anyone else get this?
I did, several times last night and this morning. Finally got two orders through this morning. Checked my order history, only two orders there. I would feel OK about trying again. My take is, you haven't placed the order until you have clicked the 'place order' on the last screen and received confirmation and the order number.

Their site is probably just really busy with all the people who are not pissed off at them.
Old 04-17-11, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks

Anyone else get this?
Check your "Order History". If it's there then it got placed. If not, I'd try again. It's been my experience (with the old owners) that an order shows up in your Order History almost as soon as it is placed. And if I remember correctly you'll also get a confirmation email. If I had neither I'd try again and hope for the best. If I got one or the other I'd wait.
Old 04-17-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've placed 5 orders this weekend. They've all stalled at least once, but there is only one instance of each in my order history.
Old 04-17-11, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Check your "Order History". If it's there then it got placed. If not, I'd try again. It's been my experience (with the old owners) that an order shows up in your Order History almost as soon as it is placed. And if I remember correctly you'll also get a confirmation email. If I had neither I'd try again and hope for the best. If I got one or the other I'd wait.
I guess with all the problems people have been reporting from DD, I was a little skeptical. The only saving grace is there is no temp charge on my account, so I don't think it went through. In the past, the temp charge is evident immediately and fades away in a few days if the product doesn't ship. I'll try a little later.
Old 04-17-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by seans515
This would be a pretty boring site if all the posts were "I didnt find this", "I wish they had this".... Who cares that you dont like a sale or didnt find something
Who cares if you read every post?
Old 04-18-11, 12:14 AM

Joe B and Jay Mole, fellas thanks for the info above. Very much appreciated.

Looking at getting about 12 different Synapse titles.
Old 04-18-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All 3 orders I placed this weekend shipped out today!!
Old 04-18-11, 10:32 AM

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Free shipping on orders over $15? What?! What happened to free shipping on any order?!

Also, if you put two $10 DVDs and two $3 DVDs in your cart, guess which two are listed as free. They don't match 'em up at all.

No thanks.
Old 04-18-11, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Also, if you put two $10 DVDs and two $3 DVDs in your cart, guess which two are listed as free. They don't match 'em up at all.

No thanks.
The lowest priced items are free just like every other BOGO free deal any company has ever offered.
Old 04-18-11, 04:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Free shipping on orders over $15? What?! What happened to free shipping on any order?!

No thanks.
... *sigh* ...
Old 04-18-11, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
The lowest priced items are free just like every other BOGO free deal any company has ever offered.
I believe what he means is that if you buy a $10.00 DVD you should get the other $10.00 DVD Free. And you buy a $3.00 DVD and get the other $3.00 DVD free.

$13.00 off your order. They way he says they are doing it is $6.00 of the order.

The only way to get it the right way is to make two separate orders.

James
Old 04-18-11, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

No thanks.
Free shipping on *any* size order went away with the new owners ~6 months or so ago. Even with the old owners a BOGO was handled the same way *but* since you could place an order for a $3 dvd w/one free and *still* get free shipping it wasn't such a big deal.
Old 04-18-11, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No thanks.

No company does. What's the big deal? Just take a second and sort out your own order.
Old 04-18-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow
I believe what he means is that if you buy a $10.00 DVD you should get the other $10.00 DVD Free. And you buy a $3.00 DVD and get the other $3.00 DVD free.

$13.00 off your order. They way he says they are doing it is $6.00 of the order.

The only way to get it the right way is to make two separate orders.

James
I know what he's saying and what I said stands: No matter where you shop a BOGO will always give you the lowest price items free. You can't criticize DD for doing what everyone does.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.