DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official ANIME Bargains Thread! - February '11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/585213-official-anime-bargains-thread-february-11-a.html)

tito425 02-15-11 09:28 AM

Re: Official ANIME Bargains Thread! - February '11

Amazon has a couple of the half season sets of Naruto for cheap.
$13.99 for Season One, Vol 1 or Vol. 2 or Season Two Vol. 1
$14.99 for Season 2 Vol. 2

Not sure if it's part of a bigger sale or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen these sets so far.

WTK 02-15-11 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by tito425 (Post 10639372)
Amazon has a couple of the half season sets of Naruto for cheap.
$13.99 for Season One, Vol 1 or Vol. 2 or Season Two Vol. 1
$14.99 for Season 2 Vol. 2

Not sure if it's part of a bigger sale or not, but it's the cheapest I've seen these sets so far.

Thanks for the heads-up. Until I find the main link, I'll generate a list. And for Amazon.com there is this going on as well.

Up to 57% Off Hit Anime: From now until March 7, save on select anime on DVD and Blu-ray.

WTK 02-15-11 04:11 PM

http://contentm.mkt073.com/ra/2011/3...2500_r1_c1.jpg

WTK 02-15-11 05:41 PM

Amazon.com Round-up

WTK 02-15-11 05:48 PM

Amazon.com

WTK 02-16-11 05:31 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: K-On! - Rock Tie Yui Hirasawa (2/16/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $18.99
Price for Premium Members : $16.99
+ $6.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: Ships straight from Japan and will be delivered in 2-6 weeks after the close of the deal. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

Ash Ketchum 02-16-11 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by WTK (Post 10632371)
TRSI - Urusei Yatsura Bargain Bin Update

Thanks for the heads-up on this, WTK. I've been meaning to fill the gaps in my collection, but have never got around to it. I have quite a few volumes on VHS and only a few on DVD. I have most of the movies on DVD, but not THE FINAL CHAPTER. I'm less interested in the OVA's, some of which I have already, all on VHS. So now I need to see what I already have and order the rest.

Thanks.

WTK 02-16-11 03:11 PM

TRSI Bargain Bin Update

WTK 02-16-11 04:05 PM

Reward Zone® program Premier Silver membership Coupons
Valid 2/16/11–2/27/11 only in Best Buy® stores

EDIT: Regular RZ program coupons

WTK 02-17-11 08:59 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: CAM-BABY (2/17/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $30.99
Price for Premium Members : $27.99
+ $5.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: Don't cry baby! This ships straight from Japan! Will be delivered in 2-7 weeks after the close of the deal. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

WTK 02-17-11 09:11 AM

Rock Out With Savings! Save At Least 40% OFF DVDs & Blu-ray and 33% OFF Books, CDs, & More from Bandai Entertainment! @ RightStuf.com

http://www.rightstuf.com/rsstatic/ma...andai-news.jpg

Rock out with savings on Blu-ray, DVDs, CDs, books and more from Bandai Entertainment – including both hot new releases and fan favorites, such as K-On!, Gundam, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Gurren Lagann, 5 Centimeters Per Second and much more!

From now through February 28, the “your price” listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVD and Blu-ray titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CST on February 28, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray and up to 40% OFF on merchandise from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Rock Out With Savings" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale even may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! This sale does not include titles from the Honneamise/Bandai Japan lines.)

K-on! ©kakifly•Houbunsha/Sakura High Band

WTK 02-17-11 08:30 PM

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Cart Toppers
» Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (PLEASE NOTE: These specials are only valid February 17 – February 23, 2011!)

WTK 02-17-11 09:51 PM

TRSI Bargain Bin Update

WTK 02-18-11 02:04 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Animation Magazine 1-year Subscription: New or Renewals! (2/18/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $29.99
Price for Premium Members : $26.99
+ $0.00 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: THIS DEAL IS AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE. This is a one-year subscription, which has 9 issues. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

RedTail 02-18-11 11:43 AM

Borders.com just cancelled my FMA:B, Vol. 4 (BD) order. So much for that great discount... -rolleyes-

Oh well! That'll be the last time I ever order from Borders again!

WTK 02-18-11 01:07 PM

RACS Coupon

Celebrate our founding fathers and save an additional 5% off any combination of IN STOCK items through Feb 28th!

No minimum!

To save 5% off any IN STOCK order (no minimum) just use the following coupon during checkout:

PRESIDENTSDAY-2011

The more you purchase the more you save, so be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to load up on some of the Anime stuff you've had your eye on! US customers can combine this offer with our super saver shipping option to save even more on your favorite in stock Anime series, Manga, Figure, or Character Items!

Note: Valid for new orders of IN STOCK items only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Feb 28th.

GenPion 02-18-11 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by RedTail (Post 10644404)
Borders.com just cancelled my FMA:B, Vol. 4 (BD) order. So much for that great discount... -rolleyes-

Borders just filled for Chapter 11 and has plans to close 200 stores. So, yes... that might have even been the last time you even have the option! We will have to wait see where they go from here.

Panko 02-18-11 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedTail (Post 10644404)

mine got cancelled as well, along with the Soul Eater bluray set.

but i also got another email saying FMA was "accidently cancelled" and i could re-process it if i want to, and they included a 30% off next order code. i'll call tomorrow but i'm not sure if it means just having to re-order it myself at the current price or they'll give me the original order price (especially since the coupon discount doesn't show up in my order details).

so i'm still hoping for the best!

RedTail 02-19-11 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by GenPion (Post 10644577)
Borders just filled for Chapter 11 and has plans to close 200 stores. So, yes... that might have even been the last time you even have the option! We will have to wait see where they go from here.

Yeah, Chapter 11. That means they're reorganizing. This isn't a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Borders isn't going to fold.

SteelyMag 02-19-11 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Panko (Post 10645362)

but i also got another email saying FMA was "accidently cancelled" and i could re-process it if i want to, and they included a 30% off next order code. i'll call tomorrow but i'm not sure if it means just having to re-order it myself at the current price or they'll give me the original order price (especially since the coupon discount doesn't show up in my order details).

I ordered Evangelion 2.22 and Eden of the East movie (both BR) and got the exact same emails. The last thing I wanna do is spend my time calling and talking to these people. If anyone does, let us know if it's worth it.

GenPion 02-19-11 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by RedTail (Post 10645616)
Yeah, Chapter 11. That means they're reorganizing. This isn't a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Borders isn't going to fold.

I was aware. Reorganizing doesn't mean they will pull through necessarily though.

Fodder1976 02-19-11 03:21 PM

I also had Soul Eater Blu Ray cancelled from Borders, with the follow up email telling me it was a mistake.

I called, and the woman said she put in a claim to have the preorder reactivated, and I'd receive confirmation of it within two business days.

So take that for what its worth.

Erdrick 02-19-11 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Panko (Post 10645362)

When I called in, (after my 20 minutes on hold) they told me they could not reinstate the accidentally canceled order.

Panko 02-19-11 06:01 PM

just finished calling. best the lady could do was lower FMA: B #4 to $28, but that's hardly the $20 i originally ordered at since it was a "sale price" at the time ($27) so she couldn't give it back to me. practically bait and switch so i dropped it. i was going to use the other 30% coupon for something else but i guess i'm done with Borders now as well.

Sweet Baby James 02-19-11 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Panko (Post 10646413)
just finished calling. best the lady could do was lower FMA: B #4 to $28, but that's hardly the $20 i originally ordered at since it was a "sale price" at the time ($27) so she couldn't give it back to me. practically bait and switch so i dropped it. i was going to use the other 30% coupon for something else but i guess i'm done with Borders now as well.

Same for me on the same title. Amazon will eventually have this for $20. I'll bide my time. Fuck Borders!