DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official ANIME Bargains Thread! - January '11 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/584037-official-anime-bargains-thread-january-11-a.html)

WTK 01-20-11 09:19 AM

Re: Official ANIME Bargains Thread! - January '11

Devilishly Good Bargains At Least 40% OFF Blu-ray & DVD Titles, Plus Merchandise From FUNimation! @ RightStuf.com

http://www.rightstuf.com/rsstatic/ma...ation-news.jpg

Discover devilishly good bargains on DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and merchandise from FUNimation – from hot new releases, including Black Butler, Summer Wars, Phantom, Sacred Blacksmith and Chrome Shelled Regios, to favorites such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Tsubasa, FLCL, Kaleido Star, Dragon Ball, Trigun and much more!

From now through February 3, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CST on February 3, 2011!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs, Blu-ray and other merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Devilishly Good Bargains” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the FUNimation items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale even may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Black Butler © Yana Toboso/SQUARE ENIX, Kuroshitshi Project, MBS.

Sweet Baby James 01-20-11 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10598713)
I'll start the list. there's a ton of them out there... pm me with any you want to add to the list

I appreciate the effort. I'll pm you later with even more selections.:)

WTK 01-20-11 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by WTK (Post 10589136)

WTK 01-20-11 11:31 AM

Newegg.com

mordaane 01-20-11 10:45 PM

Funi sale.... :)

Well, I think I got just about every BD Funi has to offer now. The good news is I saved over $40.00+ with Got Anime.

I have to wonder if the Last Exile BD release date is right. Dec 12 2012 ?

WTK 01-20-11 11:44 PM

Reward Zone® program Premier Silver membership Coupons
Valid 1/19/11–1/30/11 only in Best Buy® stores

WTK 01-20-11 11:47 PM

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Cart Toppers
» Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (PLEASE NOTE: These specials are only valid January 20 – January 26, 2011!)

WTK 01-21-11 05:11 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Appleseed 2004 DVD (Feature Only) (1/21/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $4.99
Price for Premium Members : $3.99
+ $3.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: Super Cheap! Delivers in 2-4 weeks. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

Sweet Baby James 01-21-11 08:07 AM

Borders.com has corrected most of the titles from 50% less than what the list price should be back to 20% less.:( They haven't corrected Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 4 Blu-ray(or DVD) as yet. If you were thinking about pre-ordering it, now would be the time.

33% off coupon- BLR9131V

Panko 01-21-11 11:01 AM

^ thanks for the heads up! just placed the order. also got the email that part 3 is on the way to the store.

WTK 01-21-11 04:28 PM

RACS Coupon

ROBERT'S BIRTHDAY SPECIAL - SAVE 10% OFF ANY IN STOCK ORDER!

Robert's birthday is at the end of January, and to celebrate he's offering everyone a special coupon good for 10% off all 'in stock' items on the store (pre-orders not included). So place a new order or two between now and midnight January 31st and save an additional 10% off any combination of IN STOCK items listed on the store!

No minimum!

To save 10% off any IN STOCK order just use the following coupon during checkout:

BIRTHDAY-SAVE10

The more you purchase the more you save, so be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to load up on some of the Anime stuff you've had your eye on! US customers can combine this offer with our super saver shipping option to save even more on your favorite in stock Anime series, Manga, Figure, or Character Items!

Just don't ask Robert how old he'll be as he's a little, um, sensitive about that. You know how cranky these old folks can get! :-)

Note: Valid for new orders of IN STOCK items only. Offer expires at midnight EST on January 31st.

WTK 01-23-11 09:47 AM

BestBuy.com

WTK 01-24-11 05:21 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Heat Guy J DVD Bundle: All 7 DVD Volumes! (1/24/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $13.99
Price for Premium Members : $9.99
+ $4.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: All 7 DVDs! Delivers in 2-4 weeks. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

WTK 01-25-11 10:37 AM

Amazon.com Round-up
Amazon.com Blu-ray Pricing Round-up (~45% off unless noted otherwise*)

WTK 01-25-11 02:57 PM

WeShop.com - RACS Giftcard Offer

wormraper 01-25-11 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by WTK (Post 10607728)

hmmmm, never heard of WEshop.com... are they reliable???

wish it was TRSI though. while RACS has great CS and I have nothing at all against them... their prices are insane in comparison to what TRSI has on their sales.

Navinabob 01-25-11 03:12 PM

I'm happy FLCL will get a re-release, but I'm bit worried about the Blu worries about the print probably being garbage. I'll be watching for ealy word on the transfer before I drop the cash on it. Thanks WTK!

mordaane 01-25-11 09:38 PM

Hmm...makes Freedom BR from Anime Corner a fair deal.

Panko 01-26-11 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by wormraper (Post 10607750)
hmmmm, never heard of WEshop.com... are they reliable???

wish it was TRSI though. while RACS has great CS and I have nothing at all against them... their prices are insane in comparison to what TRSI has on their sales.

i went for it, seems like it's be a good deal on a boxset of some sort (especially with the free shipping).

wormraper 01-26-11 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Panko (Post 10608538)
i went for it, seems like it's be a good deal on a boxset of some sort (especially with the free shipping).

yeah , I did some research on them.... They're legit. Both me and my wife each ordered one... some decent prices turn into some great prices if we each get one

SteelyMag 01-26-11 02:22 AM

ugh, i missed out. super bummed. Would have made "Our Home's Fox Deity" a steal!!! *sigh*

WTK 01-26-11 05:27 AM

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: USB Crunching Pig (Pink) (1/26/2011)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $11.99
Price for Premium Members : $10.99
+ $4.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: THIS DEAL IS AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE. This ships straight from Japan! Will be delivered in 2-7 weeks after the close of the deal. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)

RedTail 01-27-11 02:57 AM

WTK, you might want to delist Urban Vision's store. I attempted to buy Golgo 13: Queen Bee from them a few weeks ago, and they never fulfilled the order. I paid with PayPal, so I ended up filing a claim and winning today. Kinda weird what happened though. The PayPal email said there were no funds in UV's account so they couldn't reimburse me, but my PP account says I was credited $13.

WTK 01-27-11 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by RedTail (Post 10610245)
WTK, you might want to delist Urban Vision's store. I attempted to buy Golgo 13: Queen Bee from them a few weeks ago, and they never fulfilled the order. I paid with PayPal, so I ended up filing a claim and winning today. Kinda weird what happened though. The PayPal email said there were no funds in UV's account so they couldn't reimburse me, but my PP account says I was credited $13.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will make an update on that later today.

WTK 01-27-11 04:26 PM

Minor TRSI Bargain Bin Update