Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hamilton Books

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts
Re: Hamilton Books

Wow! That is a *fantastic* selection! I did the BBC powersearch and was amazed at some of the titles.

I just ordered all 3 seasons of Clatterford as it went OOP before I managed a Amazon purchase. Hope you don't sell out before mine ship!

I had to cut down my list from ~$150 worth of stuff. I had several of the Corman sets, the Doris Day sets (fantastic price), and a few others but just don't have the funds for it all at the present as I pre-ordered the Dobie Gillis set (a "Holy Grail" show). Hopefully some of the stuff I want will still be in stock in a few weeks.
Old 06-25-13, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that list, GW! I ordered Dawn of the Dead and the last 3 seasons of the Kids in the Hall. Nice to finally cross those off my "need to buy" list. Oh, it was my first order too.
Old 06-26-13, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks (as always) Bob and thank you Rex!

The BBC stuff we should be able to reorder for a while, and Dawn of the Dead should be safe as well since you ordered now Rex.

I never mind making suggestions or a list, I just don't want to step on IB's toes. Last time I started a thread about our exclusive title so maybe that was why, this is pretty different. I'll try to get a list up of what I think is neat as we add each batch (which is every 3 weeks now instead of every 4).
Old 06-26-13, 09:20 AM

Thanks for posting those deals (and keep em coming)

Placed my first order with you guys, lots of Corman's and found some great prices on some Kino stuff I've been wanting for a while, specifically Two Men In Town for 5.95 and the Krzysztof Kieslowski Collection for 39.99 (a steal for an OOP set)
Old 06-26-13, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

GoldenWheels, any chance you'll get in more copies of Ruby-Spears Superman?

I held off placing my last order after an SWV DVD I wanted went out of stock. I saw it was back in stock again the other day, and finally got around to putting together an order and now I missed that one.
Old 06-26-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just placed an order for two DVDs and six books, all of them at prices that beat Amazon by a considerable sum.

GW, please post if you get anymore horror or scifi from IMAGE. Looking for TOMB OF TORTURE, CAVE OF THE LIVING DEAD, BEGINNING OF THE END, TARGET EARTH, et al.
Old 06-26-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Bunz
Thanks for posting those deals (and keep em coming)

Placed my first order with you guys, lots of Corman's and found some great prices on some Kino stuff I've been wanting for a while, specifically Two Men In Town for 5.95 and the Krzysztof Kieslowski Collection for 39.99 (a steal for an OOP set)
Nice, thanks, I will do deals for every new batch--and if I think it is just meh, I won't push junk at you guys. I love the Corman's myself and that Kieslowski set is a good deal (I looked and man oh man the price went up on Amazon once people realized it was OOP!).

Originally Posted by Dimension X
GoldenWheels, any chance you'll get in more copies of Ruby-Spears Superman?

I held off placing my last order after an SWV DVD I wanted went out of stock. I saw it was back in stock again the other day, and finally got around to putting together an order and now I missed that one.
I checked the vendor's list, they have no more. Doesn't mean I won't get it somewhere but not likely. Sorry Dimension!

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I just placed an order for two DVDs and six books, all of them at prices that beat Amazon by a considerable sum.

GW, please post if you get anymore horror or scifi from IMAGE. Looking for TOMB OF TORTURE, CAVE OF THE LIVING DEAD, BEGINNING OF THE END, TARGET EARTH, et al.
Will do Prof! We had Tomb in 2012 and I checked, that vendor is totally out. Cave we had (frontline, not OS so price was not super) direct from Image but it bombed hard. The other two I will keep my eyes peeled! (I love those EuroShock collection titles our customers largely weren't fans).
Old 06-26-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, you guys ordering, online or otherwise, should get a DVD catalog at some point in the mail. We do them bi-monthly. Check the very back of any area you find interesting, horror, action, whatever.

The sections are ordered by sales, best to worst. Poor sellers get pricecut (I do all the cuts). Sometimes, a title get pricecut 2-3 times in a row before we get rid of it, down to our cost or even (rarely) below our cost. Some good deals to be found there. These are last chance usually (we won't reorder bad titles and most vendors want orders in case counts so we try not to re-order even for needs).

A recent Scream Factory blu/dvd combo pack went from 22 to 19 to 14 to 12. We won't reorder if we sell out so I am reluctant to draw a ton of attention to it by title (don't want to oversell and disappoint someone) but just for an example.
Old 06-26-13, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
I checked the vendor's list, they have no more. Doesn't mean I won't get it somewhere but not likely. Sorry Dimension!
Oh well, thanks for looking. It's my own fault for not ordering it earlier. It's not the first thing I've bookmarked to buy and later missed out on, and probably won't be the last.
Old 06-26-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, you guys ordering, online or otherwise, should get a DVD catalog at some point in the mail. We do them bi-monthly. Check the very back of any area you find interesting, horror, action, whatever.

The sections are ordered by sales, best to worst. Poor sellers get pricecut (I do all the cuts). Sometimes, a title get pricecut 2-3 times in a row before we get rid of it, down to our cost or even (rarely) below our cost. Some good deals to be found there. These are last chance usually (we won't reorder bad titles and most vendors want orders in case counts so we try not to re-order even for needs).

A recent Scream Factory blu/dvd combo pack went from 22 to 19 to 14 to 12. We won't reorder if we sell out so I am reluctant to draw a ton of attention to it by title (don't want to oversell and disappoint someone) but just for an example.
Good to know how the catalog is ordered, never knew that before. And I think that Scream Factory combo pack you mentioned is one I just picked up, couldn't beat that price.

Waiting for some extra dough to pick up a few Synapse titles.
Old 06-26-13, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Thanks for that info! I'd always wondered about the odd ordering of titles. Now I know! That'll make it easier to prioritize.
Old 06-26-13, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How do you get free shipping? Somebody mentioned a promotion, but I don' see a code. shipping is over 20 bucks on my order so far ...

FYI does anyone know if ARMAGEDDON: Exploring the Doomsday Myth - DVD is included in the 2012 Anthology. I can't find set content anywhere and I know how A&E lies to repackage things.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 06-27-13 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-27-13, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
How do you get free shipping? Somebody mentioned a promotion, but I don' see a code. shipping is over 20 bucks on my order so far ...

FYI does anyone know if ARMAGEDDON: Exploring the Doomsday Myth - DVD is included in the 2012 Anthology. I can't find set content anywhere and I know how A&E lies to repackage things.
He had a refund check, so he gets free shipping as a "we're sorry" for not having the item from his last order.

You must have a ton of items to get to 20 bucks shipping! I'd say your best bet is to use the print and mail order form. That keeps the shipping the same flat $3.50 as in the catalog (no per item charge), and from most places you're only adding 2-3 days if you stick that bad boy in a first class envelope.
Old 06-27-13, 08:21 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SethDLH
And I think that Scream Factory combo pack you mentioned is one I just picked up, couldn't beat that price.
I assume it's Terror Train, which just got removed from the website. I placed an order last month and must have missed that one, or perhaps I got confused because it was labeled "DVD", despite the blu-ray being pictured.

Was planning another order when I get paid in a couple weeks, but will probably hold off now that it's sold out. Hopefully it will pop up around $12 somewhere else eventually. I passed on it a couple time already when it hit the $14 range at Deep Discount (usually after a coupon). It has the leanest extras of all the Collector's Editions, so other titles kept taking priority -- but now it's the last one I need outside of the new releases.
Old 06-27-13, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joe_b
I assume it's Terror Train, which just got removed from the website. I placed an order last month and must have missed that one, or perhaps I got confused because it was labeled "DVD", despite the blu-ray being pictured.

Was planning another order when I get paid in a couple weeks, but will probably hold off now that it's sold out. Hopefully it will pop up around $12 somewhere else eventually. I passed on it a couple time already when it hit the $14 range at Deep Discount (usually after a coupon). It has the leanest extras of all the Collector's Editions, so other titles kept taking priority -- but now it's the last one I need outside of the new releases.
100% right and that's why I have to be careful what I point out...when you only have 8 copies left and it gets mentioned on the internet as being a good deal...trouble. I just wanted to let you guys know where to look.

We normally list combos packs as DVDs with a "bonus" blu ray mentioned in the copy. Our customer much prefers DVD so this gives them a better shot at selling. If it is blu ray alone, it should be in the blu section.
Old 06-27-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GW- is there any rhyme or reason as to which Scream Factory titles you bring in as DVD only and which you get the Blu-ray of? Just curious
Old 06-27-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
GW- is there any rhyme or reason as to which Scream Factory titles you bring in as DVD only and which you get the Blu-ray of? Just curious
Because our customer prefers DVD so strongly, if there is a DVD only version, that is the one (and only) version I usually bring in. If there is a combo, I get that and we list it as a DVD. Of the ones they have done one each of, I have taken just the DVD. Halloween III for example.

I'm doing more blus now with vendors who just want us to try them so badly they'll let us take 5 to start and reorder whatever we need....but with companies that require casepack (30) orders I am in a tough spot. 30 copies of Halloween III might have lasted me over a year. No joke. Would have been just a price cut waiting to happen.

I'm committed to developing them as a product line (I have a bargain batch on the way, none of which will impress you guys pricewise to be honest) but it is next to impossible to beat Amazon on these things.
Old 06-27-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Because our customer prefers DVD so strongly, if there is a DVD only version, that is the one (and only) version I usually bring in. If there is a combo, I get that and we list it as a DVD. Of the ones they have done one each of, I have taken just the DVD. Halloween III for example.

I'm doing more blus now with vendors who just want us to try them so badly they'll let us take 5 to start and reorder whatever we need....but with companies that require casepack (30) orders I am in a tough spot. 30 copies of Halloween III might have lasted me over a year. No joke. Would have been just a price cut waiting to happen.

I'm committed to developing them as a product line (I have a bargain batch on the way, none of which will impress you guys pricewise to be honest) but it is next to impossible to beat Amazon on these things.
Makes sense. Thanks for the answer!
Old 06-27-13, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A bit OT, but there are some good deals on books compiling or about graphic novels, comics and comic strips. I was surprised to find a few that are heartily beating Amazon prices.
Old 06-27-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A bit OT, but there are some good deals on books compiling or about graphic novels, comics and comic strips. I was surprised to find a few that are heartily beating Amazon prices.
Prof, I'm insulted! Seriously though, I love it when we beat them--it doesn't happen as often as I would wish!

We've got some good Marvel connections, and good ones for stuff like Hermes Press and IDW, but their stuff doesn't come along too often. DC and Random House, sadly, from what I hear, pulp their remainders.
Old 06-27-13, 03:23 PM
CVB

I'm happy you guys have VHS. I hope you get more titles in.

It's a crap format, but I still have fond memories of the box covers, and renting.

There are still sealed cases of those things all over the country.

Locally, I can find new sealed tapes, but nothing I really want.

I would love to get my hands on a factory sealed tape of FADE TO BLACK ( directed by Vernon Zimmerman - stars Dennis Christopher and Linda Kerridge - anchor bay version ).

Very happy to get HARD CASE CRIME books from you guys... the prices are great!

I've been buying from HAMILTON for a long time now.

I still remember when your catalogs were BIG newspaper sized things that would leave ink all over your hands.

I can honestly say, you guys have become better with age.... kinda like the way Marisa Tomei has become more beautiful with age - if you've seen BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD, then you know what I mean... ha-ha-ha...

P.S. - Happy to see Vinegar Syndrome titles on your website...
Old 06-27-13, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My orders have usually been mostly comics and comics related books, with just a few cheap DVDs.
We've got some good Marvel connections, and good ones for stuff like Hermes Press and IDW, but their stuff doesn't come along too often. DC and Random House, sadly, from what I hear, pulp their remainders.
That stinks. I've seen a lot of Marvel and IDW trades cheap at various places, but never DC, so I figured that must be what was up. It really sucks since I'm more of a DC fan.
Old 06-27-13, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't forget great finds from Fantagraphics and Titan. Would love to see more of all this stuff.

GW, now that I'm soured on Amazon since they charge me tax, I'm always looking for alternatives. The hunt for cheap prices, especially THE cheapest, can be fun, but also exhausting at times.
Old 06-27-13, 08:41 PM

Don't forget great finds from Fantagraphics and Titan. Would love to see more of all this stuff.

GW, now that I'm soured on Amazon since they charge me tax, I'm always looking for alternatives. The hunt for cheap prices, especially THE cheapest, can be fun, but also exhausting at times.
No kidding. And along the way you end up picking up so many other titles you probably would not have gotten had they not been so cheap.

BTW, the raise in PH has soured me on Amazon more than anything. They almost want to force you to do Prime to shop there. But that's a rant for the Store Forum .....

GW, I hope you are successful in getting the powers that be to do away with that per item charge. Maybe you could offer free PH at a certain purchase amount. It would go a long way in encouraging bigger orders. Thanks for all your input. your little list caused me some big bucks
Old 06-27-13, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
GW, I hope you are successful in getting the powers that be to do away with that per item charge. Maybe you could offer free PH at a certain purchase amount. It would go a long way in encouraging bigger orders.
I know I could mail in my order and avoid the per item charge, but I seriously can't recall the last time I wrote a check to pay for something. I use my credit card for everything these days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.