Reload this Page >

Larry Sanders Show: Complete Series is $59.99 at Amazon

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Larry Sanders Show: Complete Series is $59.99 at Amazon

Old 12-20-10, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Larry Sanders Show: Complete Series is $59.99 at Amazon

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Lucky you. I'm a fucking Amazon Prime member and mine doesn't show as arriving until after Christmas right now.
Mike--I had a notice say that it was not available until Dec. 22nd. So I'm not going to expect it till Friday but there is no way you should have to wait--what state are you in? Any time I have called Amazon w/ any shipping problems, it has always paid off especially this time of year and you tell them it is a gift, etc. Also hit home that you are a PRIME member and I imagine like me, give them a lot of business. Last week when I ordered the SEINFELD Box Set Weekly Lightning Deal for $84 & change at around 2 AM; it arrived in less than 24 hours. I would definitely contact CS, they are pretty accommodating compared w/ most of the big online companies--I'm lookin' at you eBay...

--Dorfler
Old 12-20-10, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Los Angeles. I emailed them right away, and already got a response that they upgraded me to free one-day shipping, saying my order will ship on the 22nd and I should get it by Thursday. Guess I can't complain about that.
Old 12-20-10, 05:51 AM

@MikeShaynePI----Mike, Just got done a little while ago w/ a ten minute chat session w/ a CSR rep in India. I explained to him the situation (turns out mine wasnt going to get here until next Monday as well), told him that on my regular message board have gotten shipping confirmations, etc. I waited a few minutes and he came back w/ FREE 1-Day Shipping (No $3.99 charge as per usual for Prime members) and a delivery date of Friday, December 24th. It seems that the item is not even available to ship until Wednesday. Whatever the case, I saved the entire dialogue for you and cut and paste it into an email to myself. I can send it to you via Private Message or post it on here. Lemme know boss. Bottom line, we pay good money for the service and this is the time of year we need it...Lemme know where I should post the conversation b/w me and CSR...

--Dorfler
Old 12-20-10, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is my personal "must buy" of 2010. While "Seinfeld" is funny, "Larry" is brilliant.
Old 12-20-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is the DVD release of the year as far as I'm concerned and it's such a great show and great DVD presentation that I don't even mind that I paid $98 for it less than two months ago.

Shout! Factory titles seem to pretty much hover around the same price and rather than having price drops they tend to come up for cheaper prices during sales like this. If this set is any cheaper than $60 any time soon I'd be surprised. If there's any part of you considering this purchase you'd be foolish to hesitate in any way.

This is my personal "must buy" of 2010. While "Seinfeld" is funny, "Larry" is brilliant.
Don't let hyperbole like this give you ridiculous expectations. "Seinfeld" is brilliant as well, they're just brilliant in different ways. I don't know what it is about "Sanders" that makes people bash other shows while praising it (it's probably its underdog status, as a pre-"Sopranos" premium cable show barely anyone saw it) and if it's not "Seinfeld" that people are bashing it's "The Office" or "Arrested Development" but the reality is that "Sanders" is very much in the same league as the other shows mentioned and if it does have any advantage over any of them its in the consistency department.

If you're a fan of the awkward social humor of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Ricky Gervais's comedy this is the show for you. Speaking of Gervais, if you want to see something epically awkward and uncomfortable you should watch "Ricky Gervais Meets Garry Shandling" on YouTube. I'm a fan of Gervais and Shandling definitely respects him to a point (otherwise the interview wouldn't exist) but it really has to be seen to be believed.
Old 12-21-10, 01:04 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now only if we can get a It's Garry Shandling's Show: The Complete Series sale for this price.
Old 12-21-10, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by bse
Now only if we can get a It's Garry Shandling's Show: The Complete Series sale for this price.
Yeah, I would LOVE to see Garry Shandlin's Show drop down to this price (or close to it). I loved that show, but I haven't quite talked myself into picking it up at the $150 kinda price level. Would love to see it drop down somewhere near this price.

But having just ordered this set, I'd appreciate it if they'd wait until January to follow through on dropping Garry Shandlin's Show pricing, so that I can actually afford it when they do...
Old 12-21-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've seen "IGSS" drop down as low as like $80 on Amazon.com.
Old 12-21-10, 01:42 PM

I'm a bit skeptical that this will actually ship. its gone from instock to 11 to 14 days on the product page. Isn't that point of these sales to get rid of extra stock? So we'll see if my promised one day shipping still gets it to me Thursday... As of now it hasn't shipped.
Old 12-21-10, 01:47 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
I'm a bit skeptical that this will actually ship. its gone from instock to 11 to 14 days on the product page. Isn't that point of these sales to get rid of extra stock? So we'll see if my promised one day shipping still gets it to me Thursday... As of now it hasn't shipped.
It won't get to you by Thursday since you ordered it when it was not in stock, the only time you get the guarantee is when it is listed as in stock, which it has not been since Sunday.

They will ship these, the samething just happened with the Watchmen ship, we all got ours. Amazon is not going to put something on sale for an entire week and not ship orders of it, they are not Deep Discount, Barnes & Noble, or Target.
Old 12-21-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine moved into a shipping soon status today with a delivery estimate of the 24th.
Old 12-21-10, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my shipping notice yesterday with estimated delivery 12/22 - UPS.
Old 12-21-10, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by bse
It won't get to you by Thursday since you ordered it when it was not in stock, the only time you get the guarantee is when it is listed as in stock, which it has not been since Sunday.

They will ship these, the samething just happened with the Watchmen ship, we all got ours. Amazon is not going to put something on sale for an entire week and not ship orders of it, they are not Deep Discount, Barnes & Noble, or Target.
I did order mine when it said it was in stock and it says estimated delivery Dec 24th for me. But they told me it would ship by Wednesday with one day shipping so I should get it the 23rd. I just don't believe them.
Old 12-21-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got mine today!

Awesome!!!
Old 12-21-10, 10:50 PM

Just got my Shipping Notice, sweet...With the free one-day shipping I gunshots from my Prime membership, I'm hoping Thursday at the latest. Aaaaaand scene...

--Dorfler
Old 12-22-10, 02:45 PM

Now I show Shipping Soon. There may just be a Christmas miracle yet.
Old 12-22-10, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got mine yesterday. What a beast!
Old 12-22-10, 02:50 PM

now says "usually ships in 3-6 weeks..." Still thinking of pulling the trigger....although I also want George Carlins All my Stuff set just as bad
Old 12-22-10, 05:10 PM

Mine shipped!
Old 12-22-10, 06:06 PM

7 PM Wednesday, just got my THE LARRY SANDERS SERIES : The Complete Series. Just opened it a minute ago---way to go AMAZON!! Hope everyone gets theirs soon...

--Dorfler
Old 12-22-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I ordered on Sunday early morning shortly after it became available. For some reason though Fedex received shipping info on the 20th , item did not ship until the 22th. It left INDIANAPOLIS, IN at 5:27 PM on its way to NY today.Hopefully it will arrive by Friday.Estimated delivery on my Amazon order page is the 22th. Obviously that is not going to happen. Unusual for Amazon to have such a long lag between notifying shipper, which means they printed the shipping label, and the item actual being sent to shipper with prime.

Mine arrived December 23. Thank goodness.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-23-10 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-22-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpsonsFan
I believe I would as well, but I've wanted that carlin box for a good while .......if only I had more currency.
the only thing i wish is that if the Carlin set had less discs, as from what i have heard, its only 1 special per disc. if they could of put 3 or 4 specials per disc, the cost wouldn't nearly be as high as it usually is
Old 12-23-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bdots48
Got my shipping notice yesterday with estimated delivery 12/22 - UPS.
Yep, UPS dropped it on my porch at about 630pm yesterday evening.
Old 12-23-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
If you're a fan of the awkward social humor of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Ricky Gervais's comedy this is the show for you. Speaking of Gervais, if you want to see something epically awkward and uncomfortable you should watch "Ricky Gervais Meets Garry Shandling" on YouTube. I'm a fan of Gervais and Shandling definitely respects him to a point (otherwise the interview wouldn't exist) but it really has to be seen to be believed.
Its funny I like Shanling's shows but I just watched this after you mentioned it thinking it would be hilarious and really Shandling sort of just comes off as a douche. He seems like he takes himself way too seriously and acts like he's above Gervais and his work. Gervais seems to be trying to have a fun time with the interview and is actually interested in Garry and his career. It almost is like Shandling was trying really hard to make it awkward and funny but it just came off as him being an asshole with a big ego.

Last edited by Mike86; 12-23-10 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-23-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a story behind the awkwardness of the Shandling/Gervais interview. Gervais has done a few other "Ricky Gervais Meets..." episodes (off the top of my head he's interviewed Larry David and Christopher Guest) and at the time this interview was staged Shandling was working on a bunch of personal interviews with people associated with the show. These were made for the "Not the Best of..." DVD release of "TLSS" but they're on the complete set as well.

Everyone interviewed was technically a part of the show but many of them (Sharon Stone, Jerry Seinfeld, Tom Petty etc.) only made brief appearances and are actually interviewed more for their personal connection to Shandling. Gervais was chosen as the one person who had no personal connection with Shandling or an appearance on the show, he was just chosen due to the obvious influence "Sanders" had on his show and his well-known fandom.

The agreement was that both interviews would be filmed back-to-back and that Shandling's DVD interview would take place first and he returned to his home to find Gervais had taken it upon himself to begin his interview.

Needless to say, there was only one interview. They're both doing the interview they wanted to do, hence the results.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.