Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '10

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '10

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-10, 03:17 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Get 40% off any used video game, CD, or DVD when you check-in any FYE store on foursquare

Old 12-13-10, 05:01 AM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - December '

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Jungle Emperor (Kimba) : Tezuka Moderno Flockies Leo & Coco (12/13/2010)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $33.99
Price for Premium Members : $26.99
+ $6.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: Ships straight from Japan and will be delivered in 2-6 weeks after the close of the deal. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)
Old 12-13-10, 05:35 AM
WTK

Amazon.com
Old 12-13-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rightstuf's 12 Days of Christmas has been extended to December 23.
Old 12-13-10, 01:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oooooooooooooooo, nice price on Trigun. I have a $25 GC to amazon so that sucker is mine!!!
Old 12-13-10, 04:15 PM
WTK

Get Wound Up for Bargains! Save At Least 40% OFF DVDs From Geneon @ RightStuf.com

Get wound up for bargains on DVD and DVD sets from Geneon, including an array of fan favorites like Rozen Maiden, Black Lagoon, When They Cry, Paradise Kiss, Fate/Stay night, the live-action Onmyoji films and much more!

From now through December 16, the “your price” listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVD titles from Geneon! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CST on December 16, 2010!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs from Geneon. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Get Wound Up for Bargains" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Geneon items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale even may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and 12 Days of Anime Savings items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!
Old 12-13-10, 04:23 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Rightstuf's 12 Days of Christmas has been extended to December 23.
2 notes listed below for changes from the 12+ Days sale.
DVD sets moved to weekly specials: NANA, Honey & Clover ($34.99ea); selected Ranma 1/2 ($29.99ea)
Please note: K-drama titles from YA Entertainment will ONLY be available at the 12+ Days sale prices until 11:59 p.m CST on December 13th.
Old 12-13-10, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
2 notes listed below for changes from the 12+ Days sale.
I hope these are the first&last changes for this sale, otherwise i have to place my order before the sale ends (for 2 BANDAi and one Media Blasters item).
Old 12-13-10, 04:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by RockJack
I hope these are the first&last changes for this sale, otherwise i have to place my order before the sale ends (for 2 BANDAi and one Media Blasters item).
Shawne from TRSI made a post saying that it wasn't there fault but rather an ultimatum from VIZ (the manufacturer or HK and Ranma)
Old 12-13-10, 05:42 PM

Crap I'm only missing Ranma 1/2 Season 7 for my series set, almost placed the order today but wanted to think about what else I was going to get, guess I'll wait on it longer then.
Old 12-14-10, 02:28 AM

Thanks, WTK, for all your 12+ Days of Xmas listings. I look forward to this sale every year and eagerly awaited your listings nightly, saving me from having to wait all the way until the next evening.

The sale was pretty good this year and I was pleased to see some positively-reviewed K-Dramas going so cheap. I haven't spent this much in a month at Rightstuf since the Geneon 25 discs for 100$ sale years ago!
Old 12-14-10, 08:12 AM
WTK

Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Jubei-Chan 2 Bundle: All 4 Volumes + CD Soundtrack! (12/14/2010)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $21.99
Price for Premium Members : $18.99
+ $4.99 shipping (cost may vary depending on region)

Details: Amazing Discount! Delivers in 2-4 weeks. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)
Old 12-14-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was debating about ordering some Ranma 1/2 after Christmas if the sale was still going... I guess I'll be missing out on that deal altogether. That's disappointing.
Old 12-14-10, 04:12 PM
WTK

Old 12-14-10, 05:31 PM

Items removed from the TRSi Christmas Sale
  • Ah! My Buddha DVD Bargain Bundle (Hyb)
  • Genshiken 2 DVD+Tshirt Bargain Bundle (Hyb)
What the hell happened? Sold Out? The single DVDs are still in stock? Same what happened because of ViZ?

I didnt notice any counter (how many bundles are left in stock)

Last edited by RockJack; 12-14-10 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-14-10, 07:26 PM
WTK

What the hell happened? Sold Out? The single DVDs are still in stock? Same what happened because of ViZ?

It's possibly on the vender side things.
Old 12-14-10, 07:26 PM
WTK

Main sale link is HERE. Sale ends 12/17/10.
Old 12-14-10, 07:28 PM
WTK

LINK

Borders Rewards exclusive offer
Any One Item 50 % off list price
Valid 12/14/10 through 12/16/10 Coupon Must Be Presented
Old 12-14-10, 07:30 PM

I don't know. I place an order on the 11th and got the discounted prices for Nana and Buddha.

Also picked up Eden BD, Kenichi S1 & S2, Soul Eater Bundle, Tsubasa S2 BD.

Might pick up Claymore BD, Trinity Blood BD, Tears To Tiara 1 & 2, El Cazador de la Bruja Season 1 in another before its all over.

Picked up FMA Brotherhood BD Part 1 & 2 from Amazon for free buy using some Amex points. Made a good deal even greater.

Last edited by mordaane; 12-14-10 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-15-10, 12:34 AM

ah man, that blows. i really wanted Buddha too. i hope nothing else i want gets cut. i'm too busy with finals to sit down and set up an order till friday
Old 12-15-10, 09:02 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Jubei-Chan 2 Bundle: All 4 Volumes + CD Soundtrack! (12/14/2010)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $21.99
Price for Premium Members : $18.99

Details: Amazing Discount! Delivers in 2-4 weeks. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)
Crunchyroll - Shinji's Deal of the Day: Kaleido Star DVD Complete Collection: Seasons 1 and 2 (Thinpak) (12/15/2010)

Price for Crunchyroll Users: $38.99
Price for Premium Members : $34.99

Details: Both Full Seasons! Delivers in 2-4 weeks. All sales are final (that's one reason we can get the deals that we do!)
Old 12-15-10, 12:46 PM
WTK

via TRSI
Kyotofu Offers 25% OFF ShopKyotofu.com Orders To Anime & Manga Fans
Posted on: Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Award-winning Japanese dessert bar Kyotofu is offering a sweet deal to Right Stuf's anime and manga fans. From now through January 8, 2011, order from Kyotofu's online store and receive 25% OFF your purchase when you use the coupon code RIGHTSTUF25 at checkout.

From Double Chestnut Macarons to Yuzu-Vanilla Cupcakes, everything on the menu is worth sampling! Kyotofu currently ships anywhere in the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, Canada, and Puerto Rico, so visit ShopKyotofu.com today to find a delicious assortment of sweets certain to please even the most discerning of dessert lovers.
Old 12-15-10, 07:36 PM

I got Trigun off the Amazon sale. Had it preorder but had to cancel. This was a better price though so I'm glad I did.
Old 12-16-10, 03:05 AM

That stuff getting pulled from the Rightstuf sale really blows. Dont put items out for a big Xmas sale if you can't supply demand.

Really poor move from an otherwise solid site.
Old 12-16-10, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Phod
That stuff getting pulled from the Rightstuf sale really blows. Dont put items out for a big Xmas sale if you can't supply demand.

Really poor move from an otherwise solid site.
Maybe (???) they did not originally intend to have those sets in the sale, but were responding on a whim to some customers' Xmas wishes for the sale that were posted on the AOD forum. If so, that was pretty nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.