DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Old 12-01-10, 03:49 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,376
Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

DECEMBER 5th - 11th, 2010
(sorry)



pixs from CES at Blu-ray Bargains forum

- - -

Talking case, huh? 'Math is tough'.

No listing for "Hugh Hefner: Playboy, Activist And Rebel", I'm guessing they won't have it in the stores. I'll pass this week.

Next Tuesday though is "24: Season 8" and "Despicable Me".

Last edited by JohnIan; 12-01-10 at 03:55 AM.
JohnIan is offline  
Old 12-01-10, 07:06 AM
  #2  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Just to clarify: Does the Inception combo pack include 2 Blu Ray discs (one of the movie and one of features) plus the DVD and digital copy? I think it has been mentioned to be a 3-disc set.

I am pretty sure that the 1-disc Blu ray set is a movie only release, right? Sometimes Best Buy goofs up the ads but given that price differential I imagine the combo set is the only way to get all the extras.
Desperad07 is offline  
Old 12-01-10, 07:41 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 71
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

thanks! any chance of getting the video game page up?
chrisbluedevil is offline  
Old 12-02-10, 02:03 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,376
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Sorry.

I don't see that page/option.
JohnIan is offline  
Old 12-02-10, 07:58 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Woodbridge Va.
Posts: 1,267
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Originally Posted by Desperad07 View Post
Just to clarify: Does the Inception combo pack include 2 Blu Ray discs (one of the movie and one of features) plus the DVD and digital copy? I think it has been mentioned to be a 3-disc set.

I am pretty sure that the 1-disc Blu ray set is a movie only release, right? Sometimes Best Buy goofs up the ads but given that price differential I imagine the combo set is the only way to get all the extras.


From the looks of it, its a 3 disk only, one is the movie blu ray, second is the reg dvd and the third is the digital copy. If that's the case i would go for the Target, It's cheaper and its blu ray & reg dvd and digital copy disk set of 17.99. If I'm wrong, somone let me know.

Last edited by roger_d; 12-02-10 at 08:22 AM.
roger_d is offline  
Old 12-02-10, 11:06 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 424
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

What are my chances of success with this transaction?

I pre-ordered for in-store pick up using a gift card and debit card for the remainder. Will I be able to successfully price match and still use the balance on my gift card for the "new" transaction?

Will probably stop at Target on the way to work just in case I just have to ask Best Buy for a full refund and save my gift card for something else there just as a precaution.
rmick is offline  
Old 12-02-10, 12:29 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 394
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

wow! Those are really good deals on the CDs. Lately I've been buying music at one of the major bookstores to help keep it in business, but I think next week I might go to Best Buy to get Duffy, Flyleaf, and Natasha's CDs. Thanks for posting.
kristina is offline  
Old 12-03-10, 02:06 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Originally Posted by kristina View Post
wow! Those are really good deals on the CDs. Lately I've been buying music at one of the major bookstores to help keep it in business, but I think next week I might go to Best Buy to get Duffy, Flyleaf, and Natasha's CDs. Thanks for posting.
The Flyleaf album is an EP though.
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 12-07-10, 02:59 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,376
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

The good news is that "Shrek" box set is widescreen.

The bad news is that exclusive talking box is Blu-Ray only.
JohnIan is offline  
Old 12-07-10, 11:16 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
The good news is that "Shrek" box set is widescreen.

The bad news is that exclusive talking box is Blu-Ray only.
meaning the original right? since i know its only been availible full screen only for a long ass time
Rypro 525 is offline  
Old 12-07-10, 11:19 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Central TX
Posts: 472
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

The title messed me up, it isn't November is it?
yellowlt4 is offline  
Old 12-07-10, 11:19 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,376
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

The new box set, "Shrek: The Whole Story".
JohnIan is offline  
Old 12-08-10, 05:39 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 2,344
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Originally Posted by roger_d View Post
From the looks of it, its a 3 disk only, one is the movie blu ray, second is the reg dvd and the third is the digital copy. If that's the case i would go for the Target, It's cheaper and its blu ray & reg dvd and digital copy disk set of 17.99. If I'm wrong, somone let me know.
FWIW, the Target set is two Blu-ray discs - one for the film and one for special features - and one movie-only DVD. The digital copy is available through an authorization code included on an insert. I don't know if the BB set is different.
Luther Heggs is offline  
Old 12-08-10, 06:36 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Woodbridge Va.
Posts: 1,267
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (November 5th - 11th, 2010)

Originally Posted by Luther Heggs View Post
FWIW, the Target set is two Blu-ray discs - one for the film and one for special features - and one movie-only DVD. The digital copy is available through an authorization code included on an insert. I don't know if the BB set is different.


Thanks for letting me and everyone know. It's great that the second disk is blu-ray also. Its definitely a great price at Target for what i think is the best movie so far.
roger_d is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.