Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Twilight Saga: Eclipse Coupons This Year??

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 11-28-10, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When New Moon came out, I got the 3-Disc Edition at Target for $3.99 for using a coupon for $16 off. Does anyone know if Summit will be releasing a coupon this year?
Old 11-28-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Twilight Saga: Eclipse Coupons This Year??

Originally Posted by thelonelyisland
When New Moon came out, I got the 3-Disc Edition at Target for $3.99 for using a coupon for $16 off. Does anyone know if Summit will be releasing a coupon this year?
Probably not, considering that $16 off coupon last year was supposed to be when you bought New Moon along with three other titles (and not just by itself)....the ambiguous wording on the coupon (and subsequent exploitation of it) probably made them rethink offering one this time around...
Old 11-28-10, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Probably not, considering that $16 off coupon last year was supposed to be when you bought New Moon along with three other titles (and not just by itself)....the ambiguous wording on the coupon (and subsequent exploitation of it) probably made them rethink offering one this time around...
Given the ambiguous wording it wasn't really clear what the intent was so exploitation is a little harsh. They could clear that up by simply using more direct and clear language. Summit's high prices on these movies really warrant coupons and a $16 one isn't unreasonable given their ridiculous prices for these movies. I doubt that the 100 people who may have used that coupon for $16 off had little to no impact on any decision to make future coupons available.

I'm keeping my eyes out for any coupons and will be sure to post if I come across one.
Old 11-28-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the original intent of the $16 coupon (however poorly-worded it was) was to encourage sales of other new releases; Astro Boy, Bandslam, and the Twilight Forks doc. Since Summit currently does not have any other new releases to push, a coupon near that value probably won't happen.
Old 11-28-10, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too am hoping for a decent deal. My girlfriend wants to get this right away but I don't want to pay $16+ for it... haha
Old 11-28-10, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Given the ambiguous wording it wasn't really clear what the intent was so exploitation is a little harsh. They could clear that up by simply using more direct and clear language. Summit's high prices on these movies really warrant coupons and a $16 one isn't unreasonable given their ridiculous prices for these movies. I doubt that the 100 people who may have used that coupon for $16 off had little to no impact on any decision to make future coupons available.

I'm keeping my eyes out for any coupons and will be sure to post if I come across one.
Except you and everyone else knew that getting a $20 DVD for $4 was clearly not was the coupon intended. That's probably why we don't get one this time around - to many scammers (i.e. FatWallet, those stupid Mom websites etc.) who ruined it for everyone else.
Old 11-28-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if there is going to be a Special Edition of Eclipse?

My wife has SEs of the first two movies and since I know she wants Eclipse, she'll probably want an SE of it also.
Old 11-28-10, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jon2
A bit off topic, but does anyone know if there is going to be a Special Edition of Eclipse?

My wife has SEs of the first two movies and since I know she wants Eclipse, she'll probably want an SE of it also.
There's a Two-Disc Edition DVD, Single Disc DVD, SE 1-Disc BD/DVD, & Movie Only BD.

Many Stores will have an exclusive:
-Target: 2-Disc Special Packaging DVD & 1-disc BD includes photos, ect.
-Best Buy: DVD & BD Steelcase
-Walmart: 2-DVD includes Eclipses Documentary about Forks
Old 11-28-10, 10:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twilight fans may want to visit their Wal-Mart store, I noticed the documentary "Twilight in Forks" which was selling for $10-20 elsewhere is now on the $5 shelf.
Old 11-30-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone comes across coupons for this set, please let us know. Odd that it's coming out on a Saturday though.
Old 11-30-10, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
If anyone comes across coupons for this set, please let us know. Odd that it's coming out on a Saturday though.
Last year New Moon came out on Saturday too. It's to accommodate the younger fans that won't be able to get to the store until the weekend perhaps.
Old 11-30-10, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Saturday releases are in order to encourage midnight sales. Many stores ran midnight release parties for the first two films, so dropping the DVD on a weekend allows the younger fans to be able to participate.
Old 11-30-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got an email from iNetVideo with the following offer and coupon:

Purchase over $100 and get The Twilight Saga: ECLIPSE DVD for FREE!

USE COUPON CODE: FREETWILIGHT

The Two-Disc Special Edition is featured and has both English and French on the cover. Not the worst deal if you're already buying something from them.
Old 11-30-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thelonelyisland
There's a Two-Disc Edition DVD, Single Disc DVD, SE 1-Disc BD/DVD, & Movie Only BD.

Many Stores will have an exclusive:
-Target: 2-Disc Special Packaging DVD & 1-disc BD includes photos, ect.
-Best Buy: DVD & BD Steelcase
-Walmart: 2-DVD includes Eclipses Documentary about Forks
Thanks. I found it a bit confusing trying to track down the info as to who was going to have what version anywhere I looked online.

I should also have mentioned I was looking for BR SE's.
Old 11-30-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
All three movies were released on Saturdays.
Old 12-01-10, 01:53 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a coupon for Buying the Eclipse DVD & Destination Forks dvd?
Old 12-01-10, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
I think the original intent of the $16 coupon (however poorly-worded it was) was to encourage sales of other new releases; Astro Boy, Bandslam, and the Twilight Forks doc. Since Summit currently does not have any other new releases to push, a coupon near that value probably won't happen.
actually they have two new Twilight related releases coming out.. Destination Forks (DVD) and Music Videos and Performaces from The Twilight Saga Soundtracks Volume 1 (DVD and Blu-ray) both come out on the 4th too, so they could have use those for the coupon
Old 12-04-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I figured the $16 coupon "issue" was part of it, but it also seems that by now they're unconcerned about whether the fan base will shy away from shelling out the cash for the third in the series. But yes, I agree wholeheartedly with those who've balked at Summit's SRPs. My wife still doesn't have the first Twilight movie because she hasn't found it priced reasonably enough--and she's practically obsessed with the damn thing, constantly rewatching the DVD my cousin left here earlier in the year and keeps forgetting to take with her.
Old 12-04-10, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I figured the $16 coupon "issue" was part of it, but it also seems that by now they're unconcerned about whether the fan base will shy away from shelling out the cash for the third in the series. But yes, I agree wholeheartedly with those who've balked at Summit's SRPs. My wife still doesn't have the first Twilight movie because she hasn't found it priced reasonably enough--and she's practically obsessed with the damn thing, constantly rewatching the DVD my cousin left here earlier in the year and keeps forgetting to take with her.
Amazon has the TWILIGHT DVD for $5 right now if that helps your wife?
Old 12-04-10, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by spammied
Amazon has the TWILIGHT DVD for $5 right now if that helps your wife?
Thanks; I think she's wanting the Blu-ray, though.
Old 12-05-10, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't seem to figure out which B&M has this the cheapest in store this weekend. DVDPricesearch says the 2 disc SE is $17.99 at Best Buy, but bestbuy.com says $29.99. Walmart says $17.96, but can't tell if it's in store. Don't need the blu, but we are out of town and promised our daughter this would be her present on our return tuesday. any advice?
Old 12-05-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Thanks; I think she's wanting the Blu-ray, though.
If you don't mind used, Amazon.com has used copies starting at $12. Or wait for a really good sale at gohastings.com and grab a used copy + free shipping code or coupon (when those are available)

Originally Posted by brizz
i can't seem to figure out which B&M has this the cheapest in store this weekend. DVDPricesearch says the 2 disc SE is $17.99 at Best Buy, but bestbuy.com says $29.99. Walmart says $17.96, but can't tell if it's in store. Don't need the blu, but we are out of town and promised our daughter this would be her present on our return tuesday. any advice?
At Target:

2-Disc DVD and Single-Disc Movie only Blu-ray are $19.99; for $5 more, you can get the Blu-ray Combo Pack (which has all the special features) for $24.99.

The cheapest is $15.99 for the Single-Disc DVD.

At Walmart.com, the 2-Disc DVD is listed as $18, but you would have to ship it or do site-to-store, as I am not sure if the price in the store will be the same or not. For $2 more, at $20, you can get Movie only Blu-ray.
Old 12-05-10, 06:05 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the 2Disc version at Target. I got the Target exclusive for the other two movies. Did I buy the right one? I am not sure I did, but I didn't see any others.
Old 12-07-10, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JB7
I bought the 2Disc version at Target. I got the Target exclusive for the other two movies. Did I buy the right one? I am not sure I did, but I didn't see any others.
There's the Target exclusive deluxe boxset available on DVD and Blu-ray. It had a special packaging and bonus photo cards.

Here's a list of a ton of Eclipse exclusives out there.
Old 12-08-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brizz
If there is a Taregt in your area, they have the single disc for $15.99, the two-disc SE for $19.99 and the Target Exclusive Deluxe Edition for $24.99 but it's only good until Saturday I believe.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.