Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Star Trek TNG: Complete Series $69.99 at gohastings.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Star Trek TNG: Complete Series $69.99 at gohastings.com

Weird, I got a shipping notice email this morning, but my order history shows it was canceled.

I'm actually glad. Based on the reviews on Amazon, this set is a true piece of shit with worse video quality than the individual seasons.
Old 11-29-10, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm done with Gohastings for good. I don't care what they offer for sale ever again at any price.

Early this morning I placed a 2nd order for ST:TNG after they canceled my first order. That 2nd order's status page shows canceled too. That's 4 for 4 cancellations over the last year while they ship other people's ST:TNG orders. They obviously have something against me (and I even used a different email address). So Gohastings joins my blacklist with DD. Since they have no B&M stores in my area it makes them that much easier to boycott.

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
I'm actually glad. Based on the reviews on Amazon, this set is a true piece of shit with worse video quality than the individual seasons.
What I read is that the complete set contains precisely and exactly the same discs as the individual seasons, so it's not possible for them to have worse video quality. Just more misinfo in Amazon reviews.
Old 11-29-10, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

This title was on several overstock lists in the fall...I doubt very seriously it is a bootleg.
Old 11-29-10, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine shows as canceled as well. That blows...
Old 11-29-10, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
What I read is that the complete set contains precisely and exactly the same discs as the individual seasons, so it's not possible for them to have worse video quality. Just more misinfo in Amazon reviews.
Yup, what I read too. The only bad thing about this box is the completely horrible packaging from what I hear, very brittle. Same DVDs as the individual seasons and includes a bonus behind-the-scenes type DVD, which supposedly isn't worth it.

I'd rather get the individual seasons, but they're just more expensive than this box, and way more expensive than this cancel-happy-gohastings price.
Old 11-29-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From what I understand, these have the same content as the individual seasons + all those Best Buy bonus discs that were offered at the time.
Old 11-29-10, 02:40 PM

Order was cancelled as well. Sent an email
Old 11-29-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine shipped! Confirmation page double confirms it.

Hope their standard shipping isn't too slow. They ship from anywhere in the middle?
Old 11-29-10, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got a cancellation email for the order I placed this morning, and the order I placed yesterday shows as canceled, but never got an email for that one.
Old 11-29-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Mine shipped! Confirmation page double confirms it.

Hope their standard shipping isn't too slow. They ship from anywhere in the middle?
Never know where it's going to be from, but it comes directly from their stores. I usually get there stuff in a few days and there isn't a store in my state.

Mine hasn't shipped but hasn't been canceled yet either.
Old 11-29-10, 04:58 PM

Just to forewarn people I had ordered this set in 2008 from Hastings before they gave their site the makeover and they only sent me the final season. I talked to a CSR, they refunded me and told me to keep the set and try reordering. I did and they sent me the final season a second time. Hastings was never able to fix it and it was a big old mess.

However, I would totally bite at this price if it wasn't always showing as out of stock for me
Old 11-29-10, 05:13 PM

Mine shipped today,now i have to hope its not a single season instead of the whole series or an asian bootleg,you people have got me worrying lol
Old 11-29-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

No email cancellation yet, but my order shows to be cancelled on the site.
Old 11-29-10, 05:52 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

MY ORDER JUST SHIPPED! AND IT SEEMS LIKE THEY EVEN CHARGED ME $30 LESS!!!!!!!!!!!*

* that's what I would have liked to have reported, but alas, mine too was cancelled, per e-mail and confirmed on website.
Old 11-29-10, 06:14 PM
Suspended

My order shipped. Now, *what* was shipped I'll find out when it gets here.
Old 11-29-10, 07:00 PM

I hope some day I'll have another chance at it. ST:TNG was one of my favorite shows ever, but is always priced to gouge.
Old 11-29-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They sent me an email saying my order shipped today and I even checked the order status on the site and it also says "shipped" so I guess it shipped.

If you missed out, you can still get this deal today only:

Star Trek TNG 20th Anniv. Complete Series $190.00 Shipped Today Only
Startrek.com Has the Complete 49 Disc Set of Star Trek The Next Generation on Sale today only

You need to use Coupon Code ST1023
http://store.startrek.com/products/2...series-dvd-set

Last edited by Lecithin; 11-29-10 at 08:12 PM. Reason: added deal
Old 11-29-10, 11:16 PM

MY CC got charged twice for same order and I just got an email from them telling me my order is canceled!!! Well now I am crossing my fingers that this will not be another headache for me. This is my last order from shitty sites like DD, gohasting and TARGET where they offers titles that they won’t be able fulfill. On top of that they charge your CC and then you have to deal with bunch of BS to get your money back. Hope it just sits on my account for a day or two then disappears otherwise I am going to go apeshit on them b/c I am sick of caving in and saying “ohh that’s ok”.

I am going to stick with Amazon from now on. Never had a problem with them, always got my orders within days of placing them and also there is no such a thing as “well that was a price mistake” or “we will not be able to fulfill your order so we just go ahead and canceled it for you”.

Sorry I had to vent a little.

Wonder when the mod is going to close this thread since we have nothing to discuss about this and the deal is DEAD/Canceled JUST LIKE THE TARGET LOTR Trilogy THREAD...
Old 11-30-10, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by melih69
Wonder when the mod is going to close this thread since we have nothing to discuss about this and the deal is DEAD/Canceled JUST LIKE THE TARGET LOTR Trilogy THREAD...
Well, even though the deal may be dead, there is still the matter of the people whose orders shipped. Even though I didn't get in on this, I'm curious to see what folks who did wind up getting.
Old 11-30-10, 07:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by melih69
MY CC got charged twice for same order and I just got an email from them telling me my order is canceled!!! Well now I am crossing my fingers that this will not be another headache for me. This is my last order from shitty sites like DD, gohasting and TARGET where they offers titles that they won’t be able fulfill. On top of that they charge your CC and then you have to deal with bunch of BS to get your money back. Hope it just sits on my account for a day or two then disappears otherwise I am going to go apeshit on them b/c I am sick of caving in and saying “ohh that’s ok”.

I am going to stick with Amazon from now on. Never had a problem with them, always got my orders within days of placing them and also there is no such a thing as “well that was a price mistake” or “we will not be able to fulfill your order so we just go ahead and canceled it for you”.

Sorry I had to vent a little.

They shouldn't charge you unless the order does ship. It does piss me off that they advertised this sale all day yesterday when my order was canceled. Why even put the damn thing on sale if you don't want people buying?
Old 11-30-10, 08:00 AM

well, my CC hasn't been charged yet. but got double confirmation that it shipped...hmmm.
Old 11-30-10, 08:01 AM

Mine shipped...or at least they say it has. I'll truly believe it when it arrives, since there is still the possiblity of a cancelation.
Old 11-30-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Got my shipping notice today.

And to think, I had all the R2 versions in my cart at amazon.co.uk on Saturday and almost pulled the trigger.
Old 11-30-10, 09:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RequiemX
I hope some day I'll have another chance at it. ST:TNG was one of my favorite shows ever, but is always priced to gouge.
If you have a region free player and a TV that supports PAL you might want to consider the region 2 sets. I just ordered the 4 seasons of Star Trek Enterprise from Amazon UK for just under 11 pounds a season or about $17 each shipped to the US. Next Generation is also around the same price. While it doesn't compare to the price advertised here (if it ever ships) but it does blow away the standard pricing for the region 1 version. Just a thought.
Old 11-30-10, 10:26 AM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Mine shipped, damn it...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.