Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

WB Shop Black Friday Deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WB Shop Black Friday Deals

Okay, I realize there is a thread in the Blu-ray bargains area and some discussion in the thread about Amazon WB sets... but since such amazing prices are available on classic DVD sets today I figured it made sense to have a dedicated thread in this section.

In order to see the lowest prices you must be logged into your WB Insider Rewards account, then also log into the WB Shop site. You may have to add items to your cart before you see the correct price. You should immediately see the lowest price after adding to your cart however.

Free shipping is available on all titles.

You must order five or fewer titles per order, as the discount will disappear beyond that quantity.

Lots of classic sets are available for $11.24:

Bogie & Bacall: The Signature Collection
Marx Brothers Collection
John Wayne- John Ford Film Collection (7-Pack)
Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 1
Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 2
Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 3
Warner Gangsters Collection Volume 4
Forbidden Hollywood Collection Vol. II (TCM Archives)
Forbidden Hollywood Collection Vol. 3 (TCM Archives)
Bette Davis Collection Volume 3
Scorsese Collection
Natalie Wood Collection
James Stewart: Signature Collection (5-Pack)
Warner Bros. Romance Classics Collection
Frank Sinatra: The Golden Years
Esther Williams Collection Vol. 2 (TCM Spotlight)
Complete James Dean Collection, The (3-Pack)
TCM Spotlight: Doris Day Collection
Errol Flynn: The Warner Bros. Western Collection
Warner Home Video Western Classics Collection
Gary Cooper: The Signature Collection
Marlon Brando Collection, The
Essential Steve McQueen Collection, The (6-Pack)
Katharine Hepburn & Spencer Tracy: The Signature Collection

Additionally, if you've had your eye on other WB sets, it's worth searching for them on the site because there are some good deals outside of the BF sale.

YMMV: discount code SAVINGS will take $20 off of an order of $100 or more. (Bear in mind that code won't help you with only the $11.24 items due to the five title per order discount limit.)

Happy shopping.

Last edited by DVD Guy ATL; 11-26-10 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-26-10, 11:44 AM

Re: WB Shop Black Friday Deals

Thanks for this thread- much needed.

The Warner Brothers Classic Christmas Collections [Vol 1&2] are showing up at $14.96 in my cart [with member discount]. Compare to $28.00 each at Amazon.
Old 11-26-10, 11:59 AM

Further to that, let me just confirm that there are tons of sneaky deals lurking around the WB site if you look hard enough. Just found Mr. Roberts for $2.62!!!! One of my favourite Jimmy Cagney movies.
Old 11-26-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been holding off placing an order since I had higher priority purchases to make, and already own most of the titles. However managed to find four on the list to add to my collection. Unfortunately couldn't find a $5 coupon but still a great deal for a total of about $48 with tax. Also should get 8% cashback from e b a t e s. Here are the titles I ordered.

Frank Sinatra: The Golden Years
Marlon Brando Collection
TCM Spotlight: Esther Williams Collection Vol. 2
TCM Spotlight: Doris Day Collection
Old 11-26-10, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by guerilla1977
Further to that, let me just confirm that there are tons of sneaky deals lurking around the WB site if you look hard enough. Just found Mr. Roberts for $2.62!!!! One of my favourite Jimmy Cagney movies.
Just click "shop by DVD" on the left and then on the next screen click "sort by low-high" on the right and all of their dvds are in order by price with over 500 titles under $5.00 each.
Old 11-26-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SAVINGS coupon code isn't applying to my order of >$100 (pre tax, etc.). I am logged into my insider acct. Any ideas?

Edit: and if there are any other known codes, please post. Thanks!

Last edited by cgray; 11-26-10 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-26-10, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

I had already ordered the Bette Davis Collection Vol. 3 and Forbidden Hollywood Vol. 3 from Amazon. I could have saved $11 if I were psychic and had waited until today.

I ordered the Esther Williams Collection Vol. 2 and Animaniacs Vol. 1 to complete my collection. All of the WB animation seems to be on sale today, so if you missed getting Pinky & the brain or Animaniacs during the massive Big Lots sale last year, now's the time.
Old 11-26-10, 03:51 PM

fyi- once you order with 5 titles. every order after that - no matter how small - gets the discount and free shipping.

I ordered 6 box sets across 2 orders.
Old 11-26-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have a coupon code for $5.00 off of a $25 purchase, but it won't work for me since I only want to order one thing. Also it expired in August, but maybe it's still good?

Still looking for a 5 dollar off coupon that I can use if anyone has one they are not planning to use. I'm getting stuck with tax, so anything to save money would really help. Thanks!
Old 11-26-10, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I have a coupon code for $5.00 off of a $25 purchase, but it won't work for me since I only want to order one thing. Also it expired in August, but maybe it's still good?

Still looking for a 5 dollar off coupon that I can use if anyone has one they are not planning to use. I'm getting stuck with tax, so anything to save money would really help. Thanks!
Check your private messages- I'm sending you one right now.
Old 11-26-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thank you, guerilla, but unfortunately it didn't work since the total price had to be $25 and I have only one item. Maybe I should just find other stuff to order and get the total up there instead of being such a cheap bastard. Anyway, thank you again for trying to help me. You meet the nicest people in the Bargains forums!
Old 11-26-10, 04:18 PM

Yep, I didn't read your question carefully enough.
Old 11-26-10, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by cgray
SAVINGS coupon code isn't applying to my order of >$100 (pre tax, etc.). I am logged into my insider acct. Any ideas?
'fraid not, can only say it worked for me on some non-BF titles. I have clarified that bit as YMMV on the original post. Wish I could be more help.
Old 11-26-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

It sucks to be broke on BF.
Old 11-27-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone has an extra $5 off coupon, I would take it. Please send me a private message, thanks.
Old 11-28-10, 07:46 PM

Same here. I would like to make some orders and i would be very thankful with any coupon.
Old 11-29-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some of these Warner collections are cheaper (2 for $16 plus tax) at Target today. See the Target Cybermonday thread.
Old 11-29-10, 07:08 PM

Yikes, thanks. Just tested the code on two sets I was on the fence about. The total does indeed show as $16, or 88% off MSRP.

Edited to add: But you have to order >$50 for free shipping. Meh, tapped out already anyway.

Last edited by DVD Guy ATL; 11-29-10 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a heads up to anyone who orders online with a promotion and is being charged tax. I noticed that the tax is on the pre-discounted total and not the actual total. I believe this is illegal and talked to a rep at the WB Shop today about it. She told me it sounds like a site glitch and agreed that the tax should not be on the pre-discounted total, but the total after the discount has been applied. She said she would relay the information to the billing department for the order I placed with the inflated tax. While it may not amount to a big difference, depending on the promotion, it's still important for them to investigate a flaw in their technology. Until that's corrected, I will be ordering by phone, which I did today, although that negated using e b a t e s.
Old 11-30-10, 01:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Just a heads up to anyone who orders online with a promotion and is being charged tax. I noticed that the tax is on the pre-discounted total and not the actual total. I believe this is illegal and talked to a rep at the WB Shop today about it. She told me it sounds like a site glitch and agreed that the tax should not be on the pre-discounted total, but the total after the discount has been applied. She said she would relay the information to the billing department for the order I placed with the inflated tax. While it may not amount to a big difference, depending on the promotion, it's still important for them to investigate a flaw in their technology. Until that's corrected, I will be ordering by phone, which I did today, although that negated using e b a t e s.
You're generally right - but if for some reason the discount was a manufacturer's coupon rather than a store coupon or sale discount, the tax is on the pre-coupon price - at least in California. I don't know what the situation is for this sale but that's generally what the law is. See more at:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub113.pdf
Old 11-30-10, 10:49 AM

Is it possible a taxes refund for non USA residents? If yes, what i should do?
Old 11-30-10, 11:02 AM

WB does not ship outside the USA, as far as I know. If you have a US mailing address, then no, I don't believe they can refund you the sales tax. Having said that, I live in Vancouver and use a Washington-state mailing address. WB has never charged me sales tax, even though it appears on my order confirmations.
Old 11-30-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone has a $5 off $25 coupon they aren't going to use, I'll gladly take it... I stupidly wasted one last week when I placed an order, then canceled it... And of course, I can't use it again.
Old 11-30-10, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by guerilla1977
WB does not ship outside the USA, as far as I know. If you have a US mailing address, then no, I don't believe they can refund you the sales tax. Having said that, I live in Vancouver and use a Washington-state mailing address. WB has never charged me sales tax, even though it appears on my order confirmations.
Well, thatīs exactly my case. I hope they do not charge the taxes showed on my orders confirmations like you. Thank you, guerrilla.
Apart from that, they show a flat rate of $20 for international orders so they should ship something. In my case they were Warner Archives and i knew they donīt.
Old 12-01-10, 07:26 AM

Reduced prices are no longer active... was great while it lasted.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.