Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DD 25% off sale starts Monday

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-10, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DD 25% off sale starts Monday

Dammit. Still doesn't bring Home Improvement to the $12/season I missed at 2 other sites earlier in the year.
Old 11-24-10, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vlyger
Monday, Nov.22:
Received email confirmation that DVD is being shipped.

Wednesday, Nov.24:
Received DVD in mail.

TWO DAYS must be a record. I'm guessing the DVD was shipped from the new Los Angeles warehouse because there was another label affixed on top of the standard DD (Itasca, IL) label that stated Los Angeles. Living in L.A. County must contribute to the speedy delivery.
A few weeks ago I received the DVDs I order (many, many months ago), and then received an email saying they had been shipping later that day. It's apparently not that the DVDs are arriving quickly; it's that they are taking forever to let people know once they've shipped something...
Old 11-24-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I thought they must have made some tremendous improvements to their order history system, since going in a canceling a couple titles an hour after I placed the order Monday was such a quick and simple process.
No such luck.
Just got the e-mail that one of those canceled titles just shipped out.
Old 11-24-10, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dogbert
A few weeks ago I received the DVDs I order (many, many months ago), and then received an email saying they had been shipping later that day. It's apparently not that the DVDs are arriving quickly; it's that they are taking forever to let people know once they've shipped something...
This was for a backorder from last month. What I did was call up DD customer service this past Friday, Nov.19, to check on the status of the backorder. The operator told me that the item was on the loading dock ready to be shipped within 24-48 hours and that I should receive the email confirmation when ready. Lo and behold Monday comes along and I receive the email confirmation that the DVD has been 'shipped today'. You know, the one that contains the following message:

We thought you would like to know...
The item(s) listed below shipped today.
*** Check the status of all your orders 24 hours a day by going to
https://www.deepdiscount.com/viewlogononly.htm

And I received it a couple days later (Wednesday, this afternoon).
Old 11-25-10, 06:06 AM

Don't know if it's been mentioned here or elsewhere but part of the decline in DD's ability (or desire) to mantain stock and fufill orfers may be related to the fact that the parent company (Infinity Resources) has recently been acquired by global media wholesaler Super D ...
Old 11-26-10, 10:38 AM

I have to say I'm disappointed in DD this time around. I've always gotten emails from them about their sales but didn't get any notification this time. I got online to check some prices, discovered the sale, and planned to order about 4 dvds for the neices for Christmas. I COULD NOT get their site to work! I'd add one item and it'd disappear when I added the 2nd. I tried adding the items to my Wish List and then to the cart....nope, didn't work. I tried ordering them one item at a time, nope still didn't work. I did try clearing my cache, cookies, temp internet files, etc.....nope, didn't work. I gave up and gave Amazon all my business since they were only a few cents more and I was planning on ordering other items from them anyway. Disappointed in DD, that's for sure.
Old 11-26-10, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I ordered one Blu-ray, listed as in stock, Wednesday night and just received a shipping email. Could that be true?
Old 11-26-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ESG927
I have to say I'm disappointed in DD this time around. I've always gotten emails from them about their sales but didn't get any notification this time. I got online to check some prices, discovered the sale, and planned to order about 4 dvds for the neices for Christmas. I COULD NOT get their site to work! I'd add one item and it'd disappear when I added the 2nd. I tried adding the items to my Wish List and then to the cart....nope, didn't work. I tried ordering them one item at a time, nope still didn't work. I did try clearing my cache, cookies, temp internet files, etc.....nope, didn't work. I gave up and gave Amazon all my business since they were only a few cents more and I was planning on ordering other items from them anyway. Disappointed in DD, that's for sure.
x2
And I'm getting damn tired of having to refill my address everytime I order now. The first time it happened I thought it was a new system being implemented, now I'm certain it's just a faulty system. The whole sale this time seems half-assed.
Old 11-26-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^I don't have to refill my address but I have to enter the *same* CC info they already show *again* almost every time. If I just go through the checkout process it'll usually work OK, but if I interrupt checkout for *any* reason (add a title, take one out, look up a possible other title) I have to re-enter the CC info. What a pain!
Old 11-26-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't had any of the listed problems and I've put in a couple of orders recently.
Old 11-26-10, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

people having trouble getting account info to 'stick' might want to try switching browsers. I remember last year they had made some changes to their system and I had to re-enter my billing and shipping addresses and CC info, and advancing a page would wipe them all out again. I needed to switch browsers and do the update, and once they took on the other browser, I could go back and place orders on the one I usually used.

Don't ask me why- all I know is I had to do it, and it worked.

Had some good news (and bad) today. One of the titles from the Sept/October Halloween promotion finally showed up today-about a month after I received a ship notice for it. I know from previous experience that they will tell you to wait a month before reporting something as lost- so I was just getting to the point of calling in about it. Sometimes it's good that I'm lazy.

Bad news is the second title I had canceled just shipped.
Old 11-26-10, 06:18 PM

Damnit, even after their long backorders and other problems as of late, I still wanted to make a small order in support of them. Well, so much for that....I went through title after title of everything I was remotely interested in, and not a single worthwhile price on any of 'em.
Old 11-26-10, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Reaper
I went through title after title of everything I was remotely interested in, and not a single worthwhile price on any of 'em.
I spent a good hour wading through page after page of their 25% off titles, and darned if I can find anything that I want that's a compelling deal. Never say never, but this is looking to be the first holiday season in six years (back when I found DD), where it's looking likely there will be no DD order at all. We'll have to wait and see if its new owners have any interest in restoring it to its old glory.
Old 11-27-10, 11:07 AM

I am officially disgusted with DD as others have mentioned here. I have always shopped with them loyally, especially during their twice-a-year sales, sometimes spending hundreds of dollars at a time, but I've now noticed they have deliberately raised their prices during their "sale" and some stuff isn't even available at all, even dvds that were released months ago.

I spent my $$ this season at Amazon and got some great deals.

Bye Bye DD.
Old 11-27-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Might be old news but DD were recently selling used DVDs on Amazon UK. Their feedback from buyers sharply declined. Can’t find them anymore on there so either they packed it in or were removed by Amazon.

Until I read this thread I had no idea they had gone so bad. Shame as they had good prices on Human Target, and seasons of The Closer. Should I not bother? Any other international peeps have experiences to report?
Old 11-27-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Anne
I am officially disgusted with DD as others have mentioned here. I have always shopped with them loyally, especially during their twice-a-year sales, sometimes spending hundreds of dollars at a time, but I've now noticed they have deliberately raised their prices during their "sale" and some stuff isn't even available at all, even dvds that were released months ago.

I spent my $$ this season at Amazon and got some great deals.

Bye Bye DD.
I never thought I would say this about them either but I agree- they're awful and I won't be ordering with them again. I tried to cancel an order that's over 2 months old and they won't let me even though its not been shipped. They claim "This item has been submitted to an auxiliary warehouse for fulfillment" Well where is the shipping notification then? Nothing was shipped. I've written to them 3 times to cancel over the past month and this was the first time I even got a reply. Luckily it's just over a $6 item and not something expensive. I broke down after a month and just ordered it somewhere else. If they can't even resolve this I have nothing nice to say about them. I've been a customer for years and years but not anymore.
Old 11-27-10, 03:22 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I got my two items in today. Shipping was very fast considering their recent track record. However, my Sarah Jane Adventures DVD had been opened. The security strip was slashed and wrinkled where someone had tried to stick it back on. It seems DD just re-shrinkwrapped it. I know someone in another thread also mentioned recieving open product from them recently.

The blu-ray of Chloe I recieved from the B1G1 sale also had the security strip cut open. It seems like half of what they are shipping is stuff that has been returned.
Old 11-27-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also tried to cancel an item that was, according my order history, "open" and "unshipped." They told me the same thing, that it was already being prepared for shipping and I could not cancel. However, the agent told me to just refuse shipment or write RETURN TO SENDER on the envelope and once they get it back, they will credit my account.

You would think they could avoid this by Dept. A just calling Dept. B or C or wherever the shipment is being fulfilled, give them an order number and tell them to hold it. I'll never understand the way these places work when a notation programmed into a computer cannot be overridden or altered in the slightest. For as much technological progress we make, we seem to go just as much half ass backwards.
Old 11-27-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the info. Did they ever ship that item to you?
Old 11-27-10, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You mean the one that I tried to cancel? No, I haven't gotten it yet, but when I do it's going right back.

It's funny, of the three OPEN orders I placed within the last three months, this was the only one I changed my mind on and sure enough it's the only one that I couldn't cancel. The other open orders have been lying there collecting dust all these weeks, but this one just happened to be ready for shipping.
Old 11-27-10, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing that worries me about sending it back is they might claim they never got it and there's no proof on my end that I sent it. I complained to them, hopefully they do something or I'm just going to let it go and never order with them again.
Old 11-28-10, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by statcat
The only thing that worries me about sending it back is they might claim they never got it and there's no proof on my end that I sent it. I complained to them, hopefully they do something or I'm just going to let it go and never order with them again.
That was my thought as well. Unless it's a shipment method that has tracking, there's no proof of anything.

What you describe also smacks to me of poor customer service and a lack of organisation within the company.

It's a shame, DeepDiscount seem to have really gone downhill.

Sadly, I think the writing is starting to appear on the wall for these smaller outfits. With the economy and a declining DVD market, you really need to have something the size of Amazon which can afford to have really good customer service. The smaller independents are, I think, cutting back on stuff like that in the face of declining profits.

Although they aren't always the cheapest, I'm sticking with Amazon from now on. Never had any issues with them.
Old 11-28-10, 01:11 PM
Banned

I don't shop online anymore, I'm much more patient for a lot of in-store deals nowadays.
Old 11-28-10, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Every DD sale in the past, I've over ordered and/or changed my mind about several titles and sent them back for refunds. Never had a problem before.
Old 11-28-10, 09:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Supernatural Seasons 3 and 4 in blu are supposed to be $21 each after 25% off. When I put them in the cart they show up at $28, the price before the 25% off. Trying to add the code 25more doesn't change the price. Other items put in cart as a test such as Torchwood Season 2 in blu show up in the cart at the advertised priced ie with the additional 25% off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.