Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Street Fighter [Extreme Edition] $3.00
Old 09-20-11, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Walked into my local BL for the first time in a couple of months looking for the Stanley Kramer Film Collection. Bingo. One copy sitting on top of the $3 boxes. This never happens to me. Usually I have to search 3 or 4 BL's to dig up even one of the titles of interest mentioned here. Sometimes that's even fruitless. Good timing and good luck today I guess.
Old 09-21-11, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happened to be passing by a different BL yesterday and had exactly 10 minutes before an appointment. I rushed in and saw the tower/pyramid about half full (not a good sign) and then a table with some pallets and a small Halloween pallet. Super quickly I looked through the pallets first and didn't see anything I wanted, and then on the tower. On the final side when I was about to give up hope hidden behind some regular DVDs was exactly 1 copy of the Stanley Kramer set and 1 Ray Harryhausen set for $5 each. Besides a couple ubiquitious 3-pack movies, these were the only other thick sets in the whole store. So I guess it was meant to be, and I made it out of there in 5 minutes and to the appointment on time.
Old 09-21-11, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I happened to be passing by a different BL yesterday and had exactly 10 minutes before an appointment. I rushed in and saw the tower/pyramid about half full (not a good sign) and then a table with some pallets and a small Halloween pallet. Super quickly I looked through the pallets first and didn't see anything I wanted, and then on the tower. On the final side when I was about to give up hope hidden behind some regular DVDs was exactly 1 copy of the Stanley Kramer set and 1 Ray Harryhausen set for $5 each. Besides a couple ubiquitious 3-pack movies, these were the only other thick sets in the whole store. So I guess it was meant to be, and I made it out of there in 5 minutes and to the appointment on time.
the location of that store would be very helpful information if posted
Old 09-21-11, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I'm glad things worked out for you for once.
Old 09-21-11, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday I picked up the Stanley Kramer Film Collection from the Colonie, NY store for $5 (beats $7.23 + online). Also picked up the only copy of The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1963) for $3, which I've been looking for what seems like forever (glad I passed on it when I found it in Wal-Mart's $5 bin).
Old 09-21-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
the location of that store would be very helpful information if posted
Since several of us (including me) seem to feel this way, perhaps a mod could put up some kind of sticky asking folks to mention what city (or at least state) the store they're discussing is in?
Old 09-21-11, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The version of The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T (T5000FoDT) in the Kramer box set - in addition to having some actual extras - is considerably cleaned up compared to the 2001 disc (also found at BL). The scratches, dirt, and blue lines plaguing many scenes are gone. I swear there are scenes on the old disc that look like the film had been marked with a blue grease pencil. This is a welcome upgrade.
Old 09-21-11, 11:34 PM

Went to my Big Lots today. Found 2 Harryhausen sets. Got 1 for me and 1 for a Christmas present. Also found a 2 disc copy of Metropolis (Anime).
Old 09-22-11, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Horror DVDs will be $10/4 starting 9/25.

Linky
Old 09-22-11, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMan2819
Horror DVDs will be $10/4 starting 9/25.

Linky
My guess is *ALL* $3 DVDs will be 4/$10 between 9/25 and 10/1. My local store got these titles, but they have the same tags as the rest of the recent shipments. Unlike last year, I haven't seen a separate Halloween DVD display - perhaps this will change between now and Sunday???
Old 09-22-11, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They do have a separate sku, but i suspect you're correct.
Old 09-22-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Unless they put out new stock here there'll only be 4 titles from which to chose and only 2-3 copies of each of those... I'd also bet the 4/$10 will include *all* the $3 titles. Maybe the speculators will buy 'em out and make room for some new-to-BL titles.
Old 09-23-11, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Meh.
Old 09-23-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely nothing at the Niles, IL store as they're getting towards the bare bottom of really noth having anything at all at this store. Just pitiful!
Old 09-23-11, 10:59 PM

found and bought october road seson 1 and samantha who season 1. Also saw constantine 2 disc, dark city dc. Happy i found samantha who as i was looking to buy it online a couple of months ago.
Old 09-23-11, 11:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Shawerma
found and bought october road seson 1 and samantha who season 1. Also saw constantine 2 disc, dark city dc. Happy i found samantha who as i was looking to buy it online a couple of months ago.
Saw those above plus some $3 Disney Titles:

Atlantis Milo's Return
Hannah Montana (Can't Remember What Title)
The Strongest Man In The World

Also saw a $5 Halloween Batch
Firestarter (Two Movie Collection)
Ghostbusters (Collector's Series)
Van Helsing (Collector's Edition)
Blade Runner (The Final Cut)
Terminator 3 (Full-Screen Edition I believe)
Old 09-24-11, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found & grabbed 1 copy of a cool $5 title at Pearl St Tacoma, WA: TCM Greatest Classic Films: Horror:
Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde (1941 Tracy), Freaks, The Haunting, House Of Wax (1953 Vincent Price).

It was part of a $5 Halloween display I'd never seen before. Display was picked out; as they get "truck" on Friday & it was really picked through, I was apparently given bad info that they received nothing last week.
Old 09-24-11, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Found & grabbed 1 copy of a cool $5 title at Pearl St Tacoma, WA: TCM Greatest Classic Films: Horror:
Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde (1941 Tracy), Freaks, The Haunting, House Of Wax (1953 Vincent Price).
Good find, I hope I can grab one in my area. If that was the leftovers then that truck must have had some quality stuff.
Old 09-24-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excellent find on that TCM Horror 4 Pack! Would love if more of those TCM packs started showing up at BL for $5. On the two new holiday themed ones I saw at Target I notice they are once again using original ad art, which is great.
Old 09-24-11, 04:23 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

The NoHo store on Vineland Av got some of the new $3 titles: Goin South, Brokeback Mountain 2-disc, Dave, etc. They also have some of the Halloween movies, but they're on the shelves with all the Halloween decorations and not with the regular DVDs (the selection included such Halloween classics as In The Line of Fire and Mask of Zorro).

Also, all the movies seem to be on sale and not just the Halloween movies. You do, however, have to buy 4 before the discount is applied. Everything was ringing up at $3 before that fourth title was scanned.
Old 09-24-11, 05:07 PM

Went to one of the stores near me today in Marietta, Ga. They had a lot of DVDs, though not many that interested me. Might go back tomorrow and get a couple. From memory they had:

-Good amount of the Halloween-themed mentioned above (didn't see the TCM collection which I would have liked. An associate did say they have more Halloween in the back they were going to be putting out tonight so...)
-The Grid (mini-series from a few years ago)
-Harts War and Robocop dual DVD/Blu sets
-Lots of Man of the Year and Swing Vote as well as a lot of High School Musical (2 or 3?)
-Mask of Zorro
-Doom

Lots of others. Is the Diner/Liberty HEights 2 pack a good set to get? It is actually cheaper on Amazon, but just curious.
Old 09-24-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The TCM set was in a small bright Orange shelf top display of $5 "Halloween" cd's. No other titles worth mentioning. In fact the only other title i even remember is Underworld.
Old 09-25-11, 04:38 AM

Is this the first time Disney titles have shown up at Big Lots?
Old 09-25-11, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Backlog
Is this the first time Disney titles have shown up at Big Lots?
Found a store with this Disney/Miramax assortment today. Titles come up as DISNEY MOVIES DVD ASMT on the receipt.

Titles I saw. All $3/each (rang up as $2.50 today):

Winnie the Pooh's Seasons of Giving
Enchanted WS
Herbie: Fully Loaded (Lindsay Lohan)
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Twitches-Bewitched Edition (Disney Channel)
High School Musical Remix Edition
National Treasure
Race to Witch Mountain (Dwayne Johnson)
Disney's Valiant
Young Black Stallion
Sky High
That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana (Disney Channel)
Wish Gone Amiss (Disney Channel)
Krippendorf's Tribe
Swing Vote
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Dimension Collector's Series
The Queen (Miramax)
Samantha Who? - Complete First Season
Samantha Who? - Complete Second and Final Season

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.