DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

skippysgarden 10-04-11 11:30 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Also at the BL I went to after being turned away at Lakewood (7th street in Long Beach) they had multiple copies of the Bing Crosby box set mentioned some time ago and Across the Universe. I dont think anyone has mentioned that Across the Universe is a two disk special edition PLUS a CD of the soundtrack, all for $5. Also a pretty good deal, although not my cup of tea.

MovieMassacre 10-05-11 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by skippysgarden (Post 10952097)
I went to my local (Lakewood, CA) BL tonight to check out the stock but found out that it is closed off and on all week since they are filming a BL Christmas commercial there. So I didnt get to check the stock but the staff sitting outside gave me one of the 20% off coupons for use next weekend AND a $5 gift card, just for showing up, I guess. Pretty good deal.

Id would have gone back a few times if they were handing out $5 gift cards. LOL.

Rich is Poor 10-05-11 03:00 PM

Picked Up:

$3
High Sierra
Camelot (1967)
Better Luck Tomorrow
Little Shop Of Horrors (1986)

$5
El Dorado (Centennial Collection)
TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection: Best Picture Winners

Shawerma 10-05-11 03:13 PM

which location is that im looking for el dorado

Rich is Poor 10-05-11 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shawerma (Post 10952927)
which location is that im looking for el dorado

Van Nuys. I was there on Monday, and they had only one more copy left.

rmw650 10-05-11 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by skippysgarden (Post 10952101)
Also at the BL I went to after being turned away at Lakewood (7th street in Long Beach) they had multiple copies of the Bing Crosby box set mentioned some time ago and Across the Universe. I dont think anyone has mentioned that Across the Universe is a two disk special edition PLUS a CD of the soundtrack, all for $5. Also a pretty good deal, although not my cup of tea.

Still looking for that Bing Crosby set, Mae West set and WC Fields Pt 2 as well.

MooMooMooMoo 10-05-11 05:13 PM

Hit Kent, Wa today. a couple things:

1. The sale is still on. Anyone know when it's really ending?

2. They got around 8 large trays of a new $3 batch. Pretty weak titles, & all 8 trays were 100% identical. The best of the trays are Little Shop of Horrors (be careful, these are running about 90% floaters), Brokeback 2 disc, & Old Man & The Sea. Sad to say, most of the rest is mediocre at best.

3. They also got 2 trays of $5. Somewhat better stuff (especially @ $4!) Crosby Box restock, The Across The Universe Set previously mentioned, & a new TCM 4 pack (Casablanca, Gigi, American in Paris, Mrs Miniver) were the highlights

Also, turns out they got the Disney batch last week. No animated stuff left, but lots of everything else. Also Harryhausen & Kramer boxes.

MooMooMooMoo 10-05-11 06:23 PM

Would like to find Me & Orson Welles & Arsenic & Old Lace. Still haven't seen either here.

JohnnyMovie 10-05-11 11:13 PM

went to Big Lots today and got:

Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo (with digital copy) (1999)
Honor Roll College Basketball Vol. 1

TerryW 10-06-11 08:40 AM

New 20% off sale this Saturday [10/8]/Sunday [10/9].

http://www.biglots.com/images/aprimo...ewards_sat.jpg http://www.biglots.com/images/aprimo...ewards_sun.jpg

rkoradioman 10-06-11 10:48 AM

The Clifton, New Jersey store has a batch of "Sunset Boulevard" Centennial Collection 2-disc sets with a much improved picture over the single disc for $3.00...

Also:

Gettysburg (snapper case)
The Incredible Mr. Limpet (2009) with extras
Malcom X
Dirty Harry (single disc)

all $3.00

I don't think the Kramer or any other box sets ever made it here....lots of new but unremarkable titles....also no sign of any of the Disney titles....

Croissant! 10-06-11 02:02 PM

Just found Complete Inner Sanctum Movie Collection for $5. Only one copy.

Undeadcow 10-06-11 03:09 PM

Saw Curious Case of Benjamin Button Criterion and Star Trek 2-disc for $5.

BobO'Link 10-06-11 06:59 PM

The $5 and $3 horror titles finally showed up here. I picked up:

$3/each
The Last House on the Left - Unrated CE
Stephen Kings Rose Red - 2D DE

$5/each
Resident Evil - SE
Resident Evil: Extinction - 2D LE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Criterion
Dark City - Director's Cut

The $3 titles rang up $2.50 and the $5 ones rang up $4.

I, too, saw the Star Trek - 2D for $5 as well as:

Ghost Rider - 2D SE
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 2D
Blade Runner - Director's cut

Strapped4Cash 10-06-11 09:23 PM

Is the Star Trek 2-Disc set the most recent movie, or something else?

comix8 10-06-11 09:45 PM

Finally saw the Disney box show up in Columbus. And I'm pretty sure it was half full of Hannah Montana sets, High School Musical DVD games and copies of Krippendorf's Tribe. I managed to snag a 2-disc copy of National Treasure, but that was the only thing worth getting out of that box. Was hoping to find those elusive Samantha Who sets.

BobO'Link 10-07-11 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash (Post 10954863)
Is the Star Trek 2-Disc set the most recent movie, or something else?

The recent one. All the others have sub-titles. i.e. Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact etc. The most recent is the only one just called Star Trek.

Strapped4Cash 10-07-11 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link (Post 10955192)
The recent one. All the others have sub-titles. i.e. Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek: First Contact etc. The most recent is the only one just called Star Trek.

Thanks for getting back to me. I definitely need to hunt down one of those.

byriver50 10-07-11 07:37 AM

Oh man, I bought that TCM Best Pictures set back when it first came out. Good to know those sets are drifting in.

May have to invest in that "Sunset Boulevard" if I see it..have the one-disc but for $3, might be worth the upgrade. Have any of the Audrey Hepburn Centennial Collection titles shown up? Very interested in "Funny Face."

jwstl 10-07-11 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by byriver50 (Post 10955238)
Have any of the Audrey Hepburn Centennial Collection titles shown up? Very interested in "Funny Face."

I haven't seen it at BL but last weekend I didn't see it in the bargain bin at FYE. I believe it was either $6 or $7. I already have it so I passed. They are also having a Buy 1 Get One at 50% off sale on new and used DVDs and Blu-ray. It's off the regular price on new movies but the low price on the Funny Face was tagged as the regular price so it should qualify. I picked up the Centennial version of The Odd Couple for $7 and added another low cost DVD and received the 50% off on the cheapest one.

JoeDoakes 10-07-11 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by TerryW (Post 10953829)

Do you have a printable coupon? There is no link that works with this. Thanks!

MooMooMooMoo 10-07-11 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by byriver50 (Post 10955238)
Oh man, I bought that TCM Best Pictures set back when it first came out. Good to know those sets are drifting in.

May have to invest in that "Sunset Boulevard" if I see it..have the one-disc but for $3, might be worth the upgrade. Have any of the Audrey Hepburn Centennial Collection titles shown up? Very interested in "Funny Face."

I found the Breakfast at Tiffany's Anniversary in a $5 batch a couple weeks back.

bigjim25 10-07-11 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes (Post 10955899)

http://www.biglots.com/images/coupon...09_rewards.jpg

MooMooMooMoo 10-07-11 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes (Post 10955899)

http://www.biglots.com/coupon_rewards/?

That SHOULD work.

TerryW 10-07-11 06:04 PM

They usually have stacks of coupons at the stores during these events you can use.