DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

mike07 08-27-11 11:22 AM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 10902958)
Has anyone seen the widescreen edition of The Brave One? All I can seem to find in Austin, TX area is fullscreen.

All I've ever seen is Full Screen. I'd like to pick it up but only in wide screen

laidbacklarkin 08-27-11 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by supermike07 (Post 10903205)
All I've ever seen is Full Screen. I'd like to pick it up but only in wide screen

confirm availability of widescreen. nice flick. also can get a BD of the same pretty cheap

JohnnyMovie 08-28-11 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kguy1326 (Post 10901209)
From the new Big Lots in Pickerington, OH that just opened up last weekend, I picked up the following:

Children of The Corn (Original 1984 version Anchor Bay release) $3
Hellraiser (Anchor Bay old release) $3
Spawn - Director's Cut $5
New Jack City 2 Disc special edition $5
The Wild Bunch 2 disc director's cut $5
Dawn of The Dead/Land of The Dead unrated 2 movie collection $5

Also noticed:
Club Paradise $3
Purple Rain (1 disc) $3
and quite a few others already mentioned previously.

wow Im so surprise The Wild Bunch 2 disc director's cut is $5? strange I brought that DVD The Wild Bunch 2 disc director's cut for $3 in Big Lots way back to 2009.

I went to Big Lots today and there nothing special boring movie DVD there.

saw: Varsity Blues (2 barebone different art cover), Beerfest (w/ theatrical version but I prefer wait to Unrated version), New Jack City 1 disc and so lots of hauls there today.

mike07 08-28-11 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by supermike07 (Post 10903205)

Grabbed the wide screen version of this movie today for three bucks. It is a nice flick but not sure if I really wanted it on Blu-ray.

MooMooMooMoo 08-28-11 01:31 AM

Went to 2 stores. Pearl did get a small weak batch of $5 titles (I apparently was given bad info yesterday). best title was Bull Durham, but in BL land I don't see it as being worth $5!

Bridgeport Tacoma Wa definitely didn't get anything new this week, in fact they're almost out of dvd's.

ProfessorEcho 08-28-11 01:02 PM

Niles, IL store worst I have ever seen it. Absolutely nothing new for the past six weeks. And two screaming kids running around and crashing into people while their father said and did nothing. Can't keep my distance from that store far enough.

rmw650 08-28-11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 10904061)
Niles, IL store worst I have ever seen it. Absolutely nothing new for the past six weeks. And two screaming kids running around and crashing into people while their father said and did nothing. Can't keep my distance from that store far enough.

Glen, that place is a craphole and i now try to stay away from that place as much as I can. They haven't had anything new in almost 6 months time.

DouglasRobert 08-29-11 02:34 PM

On September 4th & 5th BL will have a 2 day clearance sale on the $3 DVDs.

Price will be 4/$10, or $3 each. So it looks like you may have to buy in multiples of 4 to get that price.
This is from an email I got this morning.

kd5 08-29-11 10:42 PM

Went to New Castle, PA yesterday and picked up the 'I love the 80's' edition of Friday the 13th (the first) for $3. With only 10 or 11 seconds cut from the 'Uncut' edition, I may keep this.

That was the only DVD I found out of about 500 that I looked through...:sad: -kd5-

byriver50 08-30-11 10:12 AM

Picked up "Camille" at the Albany NY store...looks like the UPC was split (covered by sticker) and there was no identifying label on top so I think it might have been a repackage. Several of the "new" Warner titles outlined above were the same way. The 1921 version looks like a camp riot.

My dad would love a copy of "Hoosiers." I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

boc4ever 08-30-11 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by kd5 (Post 10905606)
Went to New Castle, PA yesterday and picked up the 'I love the 80's' edition of Friday the 13th (the first) for $3. With only 10 or 11 seconds cut from the 'Uncut' edition, I may keep this.

That was the only DVD I found out of about 500 that I looked through...:sad: -kd5-

Believe or not, the difference is like night and day. All the extended Savini gore is put back in. You would be surprised. There's a deluxe Blu Ray of the first Friday the 13th coming out in about two months.

kd5 08-30-11 10:07 PM

It's not worth it to me to pay 3 times as much (or more) for 11 seconds of additional movie, not to mention that this is the version I remember seeing when it first came out. I think I'll stick with this one for $3...;) -kd5-

JohnnyMovie 09-02-11 12:11 AM

Backdraft (2-disc Anniversary Edition) (1991) finally got it!
One Crazy Summer (1986)
Wayne's World 2 (1993)

BigLotz 09-02-11 06:15 PM

I know this off-topic and irrelevant but I would love to see some Troma films start appearing at big lots...would be nice to pick up Toxic Avenger for $3 :)

MooMooMooMoo 09-02-11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by BigLotz (Post 10910425)
I know this off-topic and irrelevant but I would love to see some Troma films start appearing at big lots...would be nice to pick up Toxic Avenger for $3 :)

Roan would be even better! Since Troma's deleting the entire Roan catalog anyway..........

crs1247 09-03-11 11:18 AM

Picked up Party Of Five Season 1 for $3 in Danville VA.

mr Articulate 09-03-11 03:13 PM

Saw Joe versus the Volcano for $3. Is this part of a new batch? Saw nothing else new to me.

boc4ever 09-03-11 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by crs1247 (Post 10910915)

That's interesting. I would blind buy that for $3 Thanks for the heads up!

rmw650 09-03-11 09:15 PM

So at least newer TV shows are starting to show up at the BL then.

metalfan 09-03-11 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by crs1247 (Post 10910915)

Its good to see somebody near my neck of the woods here. Welcome to the forum man!

NYCMan 09-04-11 02:22 AM

And so they won't be rung up as $2.50/each then on this 4/$10 sale?
Hmm...

DouglasRobert 09-04-11 11:49 AM

Stopped by this morning and still the same old titles. No wonder they are putting them on clearance.

Anyway, picked up the following.

The Messengers (Long pack with Bonus Disc) FYI: The movie comes in a slipcover in this set, the one they sell by itself I don't think had one.
Bachelor Party 2: Unrated
Get Shorty( 2-disc Collector's Edition with Premier Collection over case)
National Lampoon's Last Resort

story 09-04-11 12:11 PM

That's a really great edition of Get Shorty and that's quite the price!

BobO'Link 09-04-11 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert (Post 10911716)
Stopped by this morning and still the same old titles. No wonder they are putting them on clearance.

Anyway, picked up the following.

The Messengers (Long pack with Bonus Disc) FYI: The movie comes in a slipcover in this set, the one they sell by itself I don't think had one.
Bachelor Party 2: Unrated
Get Shorty( 2-disc Collector's Edition with Premier Collection over case)
National Lampoon's Last Resort

I'd recommend that you open that copy of Get Shorty. An earlier batch had some bad/defective copies which had 2 copies of disk 2 and none of disk 1, the actual film. The first one I got was like that. The replacement had both disks. There were several people reporting this issue.

JohnIan 09-04-11 10:38 PM

Went today.

No new stuff at the San Bernardino, CA store.