DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

Smoke Monster 03-03-11 04:57 AM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Saw a new batch of $3 dvds in socal. Picked up:

-Wildboyz S1
-Ren and Stimpy Lost Episodes
-Krull
-Wonder Boys

Also saw S2 of Drawn Together for $3.

I plan to go back tomorrow to pick up more and make a better list.

boc4ever 03-03-11 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke Monster (Post 10663666)

-Wildboyz S1
-Krull
-Wonder Boys

Awesome, finally something decent to look for!

Count_Zero 03-03-11 11:20 AM

Got these over the weekend:

Belly of the Beast (Steven Seagal)
Conspiracy (Val Kilmer)
Flight of Fury (Seagal again)
Metropolis (Anime)
Missionary Man (Dolph Lundgren)
Serpico / Internal Affairs / Narc (Triple-Feature)
Shaft (2000)

whotony 03-03-11 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 10660147)
I'll second your assessment. Norristown is generally good for lots of things, but DVDs isn't one of them. Exton has a pretty good selection, but I have only found a few unusual titles there. Aston is probably my favorite store because they seem to get stock quicker and a great selection. The Kennett store is hit or miss, but more misses than hits. I've gone to the Elkton? store (Rte 40) and it was pretty much a wasted trip. The store on Route 222 (I have no idea where the hell I was) had an average selection.

My bad timing seems to show nothing new or interesting when I go in theree.

mr Articulate 03-03-11 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by berigan (Post 10647573)
Thanks for the coupon. Wonder why BL hasn't sent a link for this yet....to buzz club members

Got the friends and family 20% email coupon today. Coupon is for All Day Sunday and 5-9 on Saturday night.

BobO'Link 03-03-11 05:23 PM

Still nothing new here - but I was told a truck came in today. Maybe tomorrow, but even then the stuff being reported looks to be restock of the Legend titles from a year or so ago. If that's the case, hopefully a few will be "new to here"...

rmw650 03-03-11 08:01 PM

All I saw in terms of TV shows at the Niles, IL one and I kid you not about this...one remaining title...7th Heaven Season 8 for ten bucks and that was it, other than the same old movies they've been carrying for months now. Pitiful!!

JohnnyMovie 03-04-11 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by mr Articulate (Post 10654622)
Spotted at the NoHo store:
$5
Tin Cup
Batman Begins

Superman III Special Edition
V for Vendetta
Cabaret
Proof of Life
Talageda nights
Milk
Harold and Kumar/Guantanamo

Clint Eastwoods - Drowning Pool, Sudden Impact, Mystic River
I now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry
The Mummy (3) Jade Emporer

ok I went to BL today and there no good DVD lately but same title but also I saw list (with bold list up there) and there also saw Semi-Pro (Unrated) w/ 2-disc set for $5 with UPC slasher and Hot Fuzz (Simon Pegg) but it FS version.

Harold and Kumar/Guantanamo Bay is only theatrical version I saw but I own Unrated :D

MooMooMooMoo 03-04-11 12:45 PM

Pearl St, Tacoma WA told me no dvd's for them on this coming week's truck.

That'sAllFolks 03-04-11 04:30 PM

$3:
Kath and Kim S1
Mystic River 3D
Boa vs. Python
Frost / Nixon
Carloina Moon
Alfie (new)
Dark King Dragon King
Blood and Chocolate
Afro Samurai: Resurection

The Genius packs I saw were $3.

ProfessorEcho 03-04-11 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by rmw650 (Post 10664788)
All I saw in terms of TV shows at the Niles, IL one and I kid you not about this...one remaining title...7th Heaven Season 8 for ten bucks and that was it, other than the same old movies they've been carrying for months now. Pitiful!!

Thanks for the Niles update, RMW. I'm back in L.A. these days, but I keep my bro in Chicago updated about any BL info you post here. That store is sure in a rut, months on end now with nothing new.

Either it's a marathon dry spell or maybe the days of BL being a viable outlet for DVDs are finally fading?

seans515 03-04-11 06:26 PM

Bought today

-william tell
-the adventures of sir lancelot
-the buccaneers

also saw some other sets
-flash gordon
-Quest for adventure
-cimarron city
-john wayne 3 disc set
-legends of the west (8 disc)

and alot of four B-movie packs, all were $5

NYCMan 03-04-11 08:16 PM

Question: 20% off coupon says all day Sunday, till 9pm. Can said coupon be used after 5pm tomorrow night? Is there a separate coupon? Forgive me, I'm a novice.

Cardsfan111 03-04-11 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by NYCMan (Post 10666261)
Question: 20% off coupon says all day Sunday, till 9pm. Can said coupon be used after 5pm tomorrow night? Is there a separate coupon? Forgive me, I'm a novice.

From the e-mail I received, it appears there's no coupon needed tomorrow night. Just scan your rewards card to get the 20% off.

NYCMan 03-04-11 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 10666273)
From the e-mail I received, it appears there's no coupon needed tomorrow night. Just scan your rewards card to get the 20% off.

Thanks!

BobO'Link 03-04-11 08:56 PM

Yep... that is correct. Starts at 5pm.

The store here got the Timeless Media titles. A couple are calling for a Saturday 20% off pickup...

Surfinhank 03-04-11 09:36 PM

The NoHo store (on Vineland Ave) got the Timeless Media westerns, some of the Legend titles and the Beatles and Rolling Stones DVDs that people have mentioned recently. If you want them go now, there was pretty much only one of each title.

Rich is Poor 03-04-11 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke Monster (Post 10663666)

-Wildboyz S1
-Krull
-Wonder Boys

Saw this batch at the Van Nuys location. About 4 boxes with the same titles in each box. Picked up Gumshoe (Martini Movies 1971) along with Krull and Ren and Stimpy. Also saw Lone Star, Malcom X (1 Disc edition), You Can Count On Me, Matrix, Blade, Trekkies, William Shatner Roast, and a few others that have popped up before.

The NOHO Sherman Way location finally got ONE box of DVDs. Picked up Oliver (1968 -DVD and CD Giftset), Affair in Trinidad (Martini Movies, Rita Hayworth Film) Anne Frank Remembered, Where Angles go...Trouble Follows, Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie. Also saw Art of War, Rustlers' Rhapsody, and Point Men. There were a few more that I can't remember right now.

All the DVDs were $3.

MooMooMooMoo 03-04-11 11:48 PM

Too bad the Cal batch of $3 dollar dvd's didn't make it up here in time for the 20% off. I'm not even going to bother unless I decide to buy some furniture or something............. as Wa state (at least the stores i hit) hasn't gotten jack for new dvd's in all of 2011

NYCMan 03-04-11 11:49 PM

That's the S.E. 'Krull'? Wow!

Rich is Poor 03-04-11 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by NYCMan (Post 10666520)
That's the S.E. 'Krull'? Wow!

Yes, it's the Special Edition version.

rmw650 03-05-11 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 10666111)
Thanks for the Niles update, RMW. I'm back in L.A. these days, but I keep my bro in Chicago updated about any BL info you post here. That store is sure in a rut, months on end now with nothing new.

Either it's a marathon dry spell or maybe the days of BL being a viable outlet for DVDs are finally fading?

Echo,

Anytime and my pleasure and glad you made it back to LA safe and sound.

Maybe you might have better luck out there in finidng some stuff as yes, this Niles, IL location is drying up pretty fast and the Diversey Avenue in Chicago and Wood Dale locales aren't any better. Let's hope it picks up quickly but if not, no big deal then. Hoping you're enjoying the nice weather in La-La land.

Lokimok 03-05-11 07:50 PM

I've only seen 1 or 2 people mention Pete Kelly's Blues. Is this because it's been hard to find or because no one is interested? I've been looking for months.

DeepSleep 03-05-11 09:00 PM

Yes, that is correct. Just used the discount here in SoCal. Have the clerk scan your Buzz Club card and the discount is automatic (no coupon needed from 5pm till closing on Saturday.) You will need to print out and take the coupon with you to the store on Sunday.

Picked up the following for $2.40 after 20% discount:

The President's Analyst
Insanitarium

giant panda 03-06-11 02:42 AM

I found an unmarked Stella (season 1, the only season) buried away behind Nickelodeon DVDs. the cashier decided to ring it up at $5, $4 after the 20% discount. one of my best Big Lots finds yet

they also had Ten Benny, Willard, and The One and Only