DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/582101-big-lots-part-9-list-your-finds-here-no-trades.html)

CVB 11-30-10 03:55 PM

Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

In Orlando ( Bumby & E. Col. )....

I just purchased "The Hidden" ( Kyle MacLachlan & Claudia Christian ) - $3.00 ( WIDEscreen & FULLscreen - single sided disc - half cardboard / half plastic case ). I was very happy to find it.... I only saw one more copy ( on the shelf - NOT on the pallets )

I also noticed some titles that I had not seen at Big Lots before. Such as a couple of the "Martini Movies" series of flicks ( $3.00 ). One of them was "The Anderson Tapes" ( Sean Connery & Dyan Cannon ) and I'm NOT sure, but I think I saw another title called "Affair in Trinidad" ( Rita Hayworth & Glenn Ford )...

FYI: this location is overflowing with dvds....

Shawerma 11-30-10 05:18 PM

i think you could take off the odd couple season 3 off the master list. No one actually has seen it. Ive been to maybe 9 or 10 stores and not one season 3. I notcied no one else found this in other states aswell.

kenbenobi 11-30-10 05:24 PM

Are people finding re-stocks of the TV box sets? My 3 stores didn't put them out until Black Friday, and they sold out instantly, thanks to the ad. Haven't seen any since, but here's hoping more arrive on the truck this week...

BobO'Link 11-30-10 05:52 PM

^No restock here. I was in the store about an hour ago and saw only a lone copy of "Love Boat" S1/P1 among the Nick DVDs.

mr Articulate 11-30-10 07:25 PM

Today Found "Backdraft" for $6!

Still Plenty of

Cheers S3 & S9
McGyver S4
Hawaii 5-O S6
Star Trek - Q
Everbody Hates Chris S2
JAG S4
Mork & Mindy S2
Odd Couple S2

SterlingBen 11-30-10 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by CVB (Post 10519689)
In Orlando ( Bumby & E. Col. )....

I just purchased "The Hidden" ( Kyle MacLachlan & Claudia Christian ) - $3.00 ( WIDEscreen & FULLscreen - single sided disc - half cardboard / half plastic case ). I was very happy to find it.... I only saw one more copy ( on the shelf - NOT on the pallets )

I also noticed some titles that I had not seen at Big Lots before. Such as a couple of the "Martini Movies" series of flicks ( $3.00 ). One of them was "The Anderson Tapes" ( Sean Connery & Dyan Cannon ) and I'm NOT sure, but I think I saw another title called "Affair in Trinidad" ( Rita Hayworth & Glenn Ford )...

FYI: this location is overflowing with dvds....

Awesome movie, I think I remember Hidden 1 & 2 set being on sale at Wal-Mart not to long ago.

Alan Smithee 12-01-10 01:25 AM

The Big Lots on Stockton Blvd (da' hood) in Sacramento will be closing in January- everything is 20% off right now, which means TV box sets are $4.80 and $3 movies are $2.40. Picked up Mission Impossible Season 5, Odd Couple Season 2 and a bunch of movies. $5 movies are now $4 which is still too much, those'll probably go down in a few weeks. I got a lot of my best stuff at this store, but having one less will hopefully mean I'll have to check fewer stores to find all the good stuff when it comes in now.

MooMooMooMoo 12-01-10 04:03 AM

Kent, Wa only got restock on $3 xmas dvd's Tuesday.

bobwil54 12-01-10 01:33 PM

Got Season 1 of Stella. Not sure why it was mixed in with the new kiddie batch.

jwstl 12-01-10 01:37 PM

Stopped by Big Lots last night and they had a bunch of the TV sets. I don't know if that's a result of a restock because I didn't make it in on BF. The only thing of interest to me was Police Squad and they had plenty of copies.

spoon81 12-01-10 02:30 PM

Well, I can say with certainty that all Tampa Bay area BL got the SAME TV titles across the board (Sabrina 3, Love Boat 1 pt2, CSI:NY, Daily Show, Stella, Twin Peaks 2, Hawaii Five O, and a few seasons of Family Ties). No Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Police Squad, Cheers, Bosom Buddies, or any other titles mentioned previously. I almost wish I didn't see this thread as I've wasted a lot of gas trying to find these retro sets.

Surfinhank 12-01-10 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by spoon81 (Post 10521430)
Well, I can say with certainty that all Tampa Bay area BL got the SAME TV titles across the board (Sabrina 3, Love Boat 1 pt2, CSI:NY, Daily Show, Stella, Twin Peaks 2, Hawaii Five O, and a few seasons of Family Ties). No Brady Bunch, Happy Days, Police Squad, Cheers, Bosom Buddies, or any other titles mentioned previously. I almost wish I didn't see this thread as I've wasted a lot of gas trying to find these retro sets.

Two words: exchange forum.

It was the same story in my area. Every store within a reasonable driving distance had the exact same titles.

Bobby Cooper 12-01-10 07:04 PM

I went by the Troy, NY store on Monday morning and picked up:
Bosom Buddies S1
The Odd Couple The Final Season
Resurrection Blvd. S1 (2 copies)
Stella S1
Father Of The Pride The Complete Series

They had around 6 pretty full trays of the TV sets left, with about 6 copies of each the aforementioned as well as Cheers S7, Streets of San Francisco S1 V1, The Fugitive S1 V1, Twin Peaks S2, Matlock S2, Wild Wild West, a couple of copies of Beverly Hillbillies, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley S2, Brotherhood S1, Diagnosis Murder S3, with some Melrose Place, 7th Heaven and a few others. The Colonie store, only had a few Star Trek: Klingon, Medium, Twin Peaks S2, & Melrose Place left.

Today I went to The Rensselaer store and grabbed the only copy of Everybody Hates Chris S1. They also had a few different CSI Seasons & some of the others mentioned. My last stop was the Amsterdam store where I picked up:

7th Heaven S3 & S6
Cheers S3
The Fugitive S1 V1
Laverne & Shirley S2
Matlock S2
Melrose Place S5 V1 & S5 V2
& Girlfriends S7 (only copy) which I have not seen mentioned yet

No Family Ties, Odd Couple S2, Love Boat, Friday The 13th or Woody Woodpecker, unfortunately.

Hopefully I can trade for some that I missed.

Trevor 12-01-10 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen (Post 10520487)
Awesome movie, I think I remember Hidden 1 & 2 set being on sale at Wal-Mart not to long ago.

The first is one of my favorite films, but the second is a train wreck. The first 10 minutes are worth watching, but only because they just show the last 10 minutes of the first film.

Vlyger 12-01-10 07:46 PM

Okay, I finally opened up the "Star Trek: Animated Series" DVD today and discovered the flimsy 'jewel case' inside holding the DVDs in place were separated and cracked. The good news is that all four DVDs are in perfect condition, no scratches whatsoever. Just sat through a marathon of Disc 1 and everything was a-okay. I guess I'll transfer the discs into another multiple-disc case.

bobwil54 12-01-10 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by spoon81 (Post 10521430)

Which stores have you been to so I don't waste my time either? I've only had the chance to go to the Tarpon Springs store, one off Hillsborough Ave and in Clearwater off Belcher.

spoon81 12-01-10 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 10522159)
Which stores have you been to so I don't waste my time either? I've only had the chance to go to the Tarpon Springs store, one off Hillsborough Ave and in Clearwater off Belcher.

All of the Pinellas county stores, except for Clearwater, and most Tampa stores. Same story in all of them.

dvdsearch4me 12-03-10 12:15 AM

I don't think anyone has seen Melrose Place s4 either...I have seen all the other seasons in various locations.

ja2008 12-03-10 12:18 AM

Season 4 Is Now Showing Up At Big Lots Saw It Tonight Melrose Place at Big Lots for $10.00

Classic Films 12-03-10 01:15 AM

Henderson NV got new stock of the Paramount/CBS shows. However they are $10 not $6. Saw various seasons of CSI NY and Miami, Brady Bunch Season 3, Untouchables Season 1 Vol 1, Gomer Pyle Season ?, 7th Heaven Season 9, Beverly Hill 90210 Season ?,
. Star Trek Captain's Log Fan Collective. They still had a few of the $6 seasons like Perry Mason Season 3 Vol 1. Bosom Buddies Season 1 , 7th Heaven Season 8, and one of the Fugitive sets.

Steve 12-03-10 09:48 AM

for $10, I will pass. it's not low enough for me to get any blind buys. $6 is as much as I will spend for something like that. For people who are huge fans of the show and need some missing seasons to complete, I can see where that price might be tempting for them.

MovieMassacre 12-03-10 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Classic Films (Post 10524489)
Henderson NV got new stock of the Paramount/CBS shows. However they are $10 not $6. Saw various seasons of CSI NY and Miami, Brady Bunch Season 3, Untouchables Season 1 Vol 1, Gomer Pyle Season ?, 7th Heaven Season 9, Beverly Hill 90210 Season ?,
. Star Trek Captain's Log Fan Collective. They still had a few of the $6 seasons like Perry Mason Season 3 Vol 1. Bosom Buddies Season 1 , 7th Heaven Season 8, and one of the Fugitive sets.

Not much of a bargain on Big Lots part. I can find those prices at Walmart, Target, BJs, or Costco just to name a few.

Cabbage 12-03-10 11:18 AM

Saw Season 1 and Season 3 of "Beauty and the Beast" with Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman for $10 each at a store in Mt. Vernon, Ohio.

Plus, I got "The Desperate Hours" with Humphrey Bogart, "The Hidden" and the Sex Pistols' "Filth and the Fury" documentary.

Cardsfan111 12-03-10 11:20 AM

$10 sets to go with $5 DVDs. :(

lewisb73 12-03-10 11:34 AM

wow... $10 sets now... looks like BL will be getting much less of my money... hell, I bought new blu-rays movies $5 and tv sets for $10 over the last couple weeks...