Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Shows)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Shows)

Old 11-16-10, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Show

The $10 coupons have nothing to do with Best Buy--ABC does some sort of discount every year for their TV shows. Used to be mail-in rebates with codes inside the boxes, then it was coupons on top of the package for buying two sets at the same time, and then these $10 coupons inside the packages. (I buy these ABC sets every year)
Old 11-16-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: TV on DVD Specials at Best Buy/Target (Combine w/ $10 off coupon on some ABC Show

This makes the deal a little sweeter:

Get a $10 rebate with purchase of one package of Wholly Guacamole and one qualified DVD set. Limit one rebate per household, must be purchased before 11/30/2010 and postmarked by 12/30/2010. All of the ones mentioned with the coupons appear to qualify:
Rebate Form

Save $1.50 on Wholly Guacamole with this coupon:
Coupon
Old 11-16-10, 03:42 PM

I went to Target today and got Scrubs S9 with coupon. You actually can see if there is a coupon inside or not from the side since it is a clear case. After I purchased Scrubs S9 I opened it and used the coupon for Grey's S6 (No Castle or FF so I used the coupon for Grey’s as Christmas present).
Old 11-17-10, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the Best Buy version of Lost Season 6 on blu-ray for $22.49 after the coupon. Then I filled out the DVD upgrade form (found in Lost Season 6 DVD sets) and sent that off for a $20 rebate. Hope that works out. If so, my total would be $2.49.
Old 11-17-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nabbed a Castle S2 with another $10 coupon. Now just need to find Cougar Town.
Old 11-18-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy has it on sale this week but only until Saturday..I think it was $22.49
Old 11-18-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
Best Buy has it on sale this week but only until Saturday..I think it was $22.49
If you're referring to Cougar Town, it is $17.49
Old 11-18-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase View Post
Yup, grabbed that one myself yesterday.
Old 11-19-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Only interested in Castle season 2 and it seems like most people are not getting the coupon with that.
Old 11-19-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper View Post
Yup, grabbed that one myself yesterday.
Oh hot damn. I'm going to get that.
Old 11-19-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase View Post
Sorry about not knowing the exact price but again, you have until tomorrow to get it at that low price...it should be on a display rack as you enter the store...can't miss it and thanks for the correction Mr. Smearksase.
Old 11-20-10, 11:56 AM

I've had sucess by picking thru the shows like cougar town, greys & desp. housewives and finding the ones with the upc labels on front showing: us/dv offer1 or 1offerus/dv. All had the coupon. i just checked thru the shipper & older dvds on the shelves around the store. PLUS, make sure u price match to the lowest price at bb. Greys is $19.99 @ target.
Old 11-20-10, 03:01 PM

My BB calls the store (Target) to ensure they have it in stock before they will price match. If they don't, you don't get the match.

Originally Posted by ballershanelle View Post
make sure u price match to the lowest price at bb. Greys is $19.99 @ target.

You can go to the customer service desk to get a refund (of the coupon) if it came in the box but you didn't have one when you made your purchase. They just have to refund each coupon separately. I bought 4 of the shows, they each had a coupon, and I took the receipt and coupons back to the store a few days later. 5 minutes later, I had 4 $10 bills.
Old 11-22-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Its very difficult using the coupon at best buy, because coupon is not on file and they have to type the amount in. Twice I was told they would have to mark the price up to regular price to honor the coupon, which I told them was bs, its a manufacturers coupon & not a store coupon.
Old 11-22-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by hasslein View Post
Its very difficult using the coupon at best buy, because coupon is not on file and they have to type the amount in. Twice I was told they would have to mark the price up to regular price to honor the coupon, which I told them was bs, its a manufacturers coupon & not a store coupon.
Yeah when I went to use the coupon at Best Buy, the girl had to ask a supervisor if it was okay for her to use it on a sale item. Shen then got the okay with no qualms though.
Old 11-22-10, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by melih69 View Post
I went to Target today and got Scrubs S9 with coupon. You actually can see if there is a coupon inside or not from the side since it is a clear case. After I purchased Scrubs S9 I opened it and used the coupon for Grey's S6 (No Castle or FF so I used the coupon for Grey’s as Christmas present).
I was able to get Scrubs S9 with the coupon as well. Awesome deal. My sister wasn't going to use the coupon (she got it with Ugly Betty S4). So I ended up completing my Scrubs collection with a free S9!
Old 11-22-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So I got Scrubs at Target for $9.99 and then went and got Cougar Town from Best Buy for $7.99. What I should've done at that point is used that coupon to buy Scrubs at Best Buy for $2.99 and then return that unopened copy back to Target for a $9.99 refund. Kind of shady I guess, though, and I'm OK with the deal I got.
Old 11-22-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

Like all the others, my streak of going in and out of Target using the coupon ended when I bought Castle Season 2.
Old 12-29-10, 12:26 AM

Does anybody know if these coupons are still available in the ABC shows? If so, have they expired yet?
Old 12-29-10, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Epilady View Post
Does anybody know if these coupons are still available in the ABC shows? If so, have they expired yet?
The expiration date for the coupon is 12/31/10
Old 12-29-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

and I wish I would have waited to use it on Castle S2.. I bit when it was on sale for $19.99... Coulda saved $5 more dollars..