Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '10

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '10

Old 10-14-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '1

I'm glad I held off on Haruhi Season 2, Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann. Saved an extra $15.
Old 10-14-10, 11:44 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - October '1

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I'm glad I held off on Haruhi Season 2, Lucky Star and Gurren Lagann. Saved an extra $15.
I got caught up on Gundam 00 S1 and S2 (up to P2).

...and it looks like it's the BEI titles are back to it regular prices a little short while ago.
Old 10-14-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the Bleach releases are part of the DD sale, as well. I picked my wife up the 5th season box set, plus The Diamonddust Rebellion.

Last edited by Super X; 10-14-10 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-14-10, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today i received my rightstuf order i placed last month. It also included the Kaleido Star New Wings Thinpak Boxset.

I am always checking all dvds for problems and this time i had some kind of dirty dvd in this boxset. Its Disc 5, it doesnt look like scratches...

I made some pics of it.:

I just want an advise if i should ask for a replacement or if this is "normal" for a manufactured dvd. I also checked the DVD (watched some minutes of each episode) and didnt get any kind of error.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Super X
Some of the Bleach releases are part of the DD sale, as well. I picked my wife up the 5th season box set, plus The Diamonddust Rebellion.
FWIW, Bleach Season 5 is available as an enrollment selection at Columbia House-

http://www.columbiahousetv.com/pages...uId=1066434755
Old 10-14-10, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Tears to Tiara Blu $43.90 @ DD after 20% discount, that's >50% off MSRP. Even TRSI can't beat that.
Old 10-15-10, 07:00 PM

It appears Animenation has a new 12% off code, "WEMISSYOU'

Sadly even though the Animenation HQ is only 4 miles away from me, I haven't been there in over a year.
Old 10-17-10, 10:38 AM
WTK

What's reported (B&M / YMMV): B1G1 sale on Section23 Films Titles @ Fry's Electronics has come back once more.
Old 10-17-10, 04:15 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
What's reported (B&M / YMMV): B1G1 sale on Section23 Films Titles @ Fry's Electronics has come back once more.
This promo is actually valid on FRYs.com as well.
Old 10-17-10, 04:31 PM

This could be only at certain Wal-marts as it's an endcap called "Featured films" (It says that on the price sticker tag as well.) I saw and even bought some of these ...

Gunslinger Girl: The Complete Series $10
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1: Part 1 $10
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1: Part 2 $10
Ghost In The Shell 2.0 <- Don't remember the price. It may have been $7
Baccano! <- I swear it was the full box set. $10
Many others. But I don't know those series and the names were long and odd. I cannot recall them.

Also to note is this end cap is loaded with about a dozen different "Avatar: The Last Airbender" DVDs.
Old 10-17-10, 04:36 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
This could be only at certain Wal-marts as it's an endcap called "Featured films" (It says that on the price sticker tag as well.) I saw and even bought some of these ...

Gunslinger Girl: The Complete Series $10
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1: Part 1 $10
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1: Part 2 $10
Ghost In The Shell 2.0 <- Don't remember the price. It may have been $7
Baccano! <- I swear it was the full box set. $10
Many others. But I don't know those series and the names were long and odd. I cannot recall them.

Also to note is this end cap is loaded with about a dozen different "Avatar: The Last Airbender" DVDs.
Thanks, but it mentioned earlier in the thread. The Baccano! release has been reported as only Vol.1 single. See below for recap.
Originally Posted by WTK
Select Anime Releases for $10 Round-up @ Wal-Mart (B&M / YMMV)

Updated list with links to Walmart.com if applicable:
Old 10-17-10, 04:45 PM

^ I looked all over and still missed that post.

Yes, that is what I saw in stores. No Street Fighter Alpha though. I may have picked those up if the price was right.

I like this "Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino: Complete Collection" packaging and cover better than the images used on the upcoming re-release for 11-2-2010. (Which will surely be more than $10.)
Old 10-17-10, 04:49 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
^ I looked all over and still missed that post.
No worries. It's not a bad idea to rehash on some of the better ongoing deals.
Old 10-17-10, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Where/how?

Nevermind! Just add the items to your cart and the discount applies automatically!

And forget that... Doesn't work with out of stock items. Screwed X3.

Last edited by RedTail; 10-17-10 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-19-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 10-20-10, 02:56 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Originally Posted by WTK
This promo reportedly will end on 10/28/10.
Old 10-20-10, 02:59 PM
WTK

FWIW...one of those promos that may not do much for some people.

*Everything On Sale Promotion is not valid in all f.y.e. retail locations.

Check below for participating Everything On Sale store locations: LINK
Old 10-20-10, 04:58 PM

Meaning most things will have some percentage off their MSRP, and still be more expensive than they should be.
Old 10-21-10, 03:05 PM
WTK

Spectacular Savings! Save At Least 40% OFF DVDs & Blu-ray From Section23, Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures & More! @ RightStuf.com

All signs point to spectacular savings on titles from Section23 Films and the labels it distributes, including Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures and more – from fan favorites, such as Ghost Hound, Evangelion, Tears to Tiara and Eyeshield 21, to new and upcoming titles, like Canaan, Xam'd, Taisho Baseball Girls, the next installments of Hell Girl, and much, much more!

From now through November 1, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVD and Blu-ray titles distributed by Section23 Films, Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures, Maiden Japan and Happy Carrot! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CDT on November 1, 2010!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and Blu-ray from Section23 Films. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Spectacular Savings" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Section23 Films items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Ghost Hound © 2007 Production IG · Shirou Masamune / "hunting the Holy Spirit / GHOST HOUND" Production Committee
Old 10-21-10, 05:14 PM
WTK

SecondSpin.com

SCT39 - 25% off Everything Plus Everyday Free Shipping on all orders over $30 (Expires 10/28/10)
Old 10-21-10, 07:02 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...

Last edited by WTK; 10-21-10 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-21-10, 07:34 PM

You forgot something

Old 10-21-10, 07:40 PM
    WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
    You forgot something

Added to the post before yours. It was a $2 drop.
      Old 10-21-10, 08:42 PM
      WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
      » Weekly Specials
      » Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
      » Closeout Items
      » Movie Packs
      » Cart Toppers
      » Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (PLEASE NOTE: These specials are only valid October 21 – October 27, 2010!)
      Old 10-22-10, 02:56 AM
      Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

damn, still waiting for the Saiyuki Reload and Reload Gunlock to go below $30 per set. These just don't sell well enough to ask the high price Rightstuf's been keeping them at (not like they're hard to find either, they've got literally hundreds of each disc lying around that hasn't dropped much in inventory in a few years

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.