DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

My Coke Rewards now has DVDs you can redeem with your points

Old 09-16-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Coke Rewards now has DVDs you can redeem with your points

The DVDs at mycokerewards.com they have are:

NONE

To get other DVDs discounted with your points, click "Spend Your Points". Click "MCRPointsPlus". Click "Find deals at MCRPointsPlus". When the new screen comes up, click the red box "Find Deals". A popup screen appears, click "Continue". Now you're in MCRPointsPlus. Click "Entertainment", then "DVD".

Last edited by darkhawk; 05-15-12 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-16-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: My Coke Rewards now has DVDs you can redeem with your points

The League: Season One is also available.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for some stuff to spend my points on and will pick up American Dad and The League. If they have Sons Of Anarchy: Season Two on Blu-ray at some point, I'm all over it.
Old 09-16-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, thanks. I've got over 2k points but I'm not interested in all the American Idol-type crappola, sports stuff and Coke-branded "rewards".
Old 09-16-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
They only have 3, but it's a start. The DVDs at mycokerewards.com they have are:

American Dad Vol. 5 (1100 points)
Family Guy Vol. 8 (1300 points)
Sons of Anarchy: S2 (1500 points)
The League: S1 (800 points)
Sooo... 110 12-packs of Coke for a $20 DVD (American Dad S5). That's like... $330 in product or 6% cash/product back figuring $3 a case (what we usually get).
Old 09-16-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Sooo... 110 12-packs of Coke for a $20 DVD (American Dad S5). That's like... $330 in product or 6% cash/product back figuring $3 a case (what we usually get).
I hate when people make this type of argument, because it's really very misleading.

Obviously it would be ridiculous to go out and buy a bunch of Coca-Cola Products just to get the points to redeem them for a DVD you could get for $20-30. But that isn't what I am doing, and I don't expect anyone does that. I bought Coca-Cola Products long before this program ever existed and once they started the program I started logging points.

I'm going to be buying all this Coke anyway, I might as well get something as a freebie in the process. What's so hard to understand about that?

People say the same thing about the Best Buy Premier Silver Membership, but again, if it's stuff you are going to buy anyway, then it's nice to get some added bonuses. It's not as if people buy things they wouldn't otherwise buy just to get the points.
Old 09-16-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I hate when people make this type of argument, because it's really very misleading.

Obviously it would be ridiculous to go out and buy a bunch of Coca-Cola Products just to get the points to redeem them for a DVD you could get for $20-30. But that isn't what I am doing, and I don't expect anyone does that. I bought Coca-Cola Products long before this program ever existed and once they started the program I started logging points.

I'm going to be buying all this Coke anyway, I might as well get something as a freebie in the process. What's so hard to understand about that?

People say the same thing about the Best Buy Premier Silver Membership, but again, if it's stuff you are going to buy anyway, then it's nice to get some added bonuses. It's not as if people buy things they wouldn't otherwise buy just to get the points.
QFT.

I'm a big Coke Zero drinker and never logged any of my points, since I didn't really want any of the stuff they had. Now I wish I would've. I will from here on out.
Old 09-16-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman1037
QFT.

I'm a big Coke Zero drinker and never logged any of my points, since I didn't really want any of the stuff they had. Now I wish I would've. I will from here on out.
Points expire, somewhat fast, in my opinion.
Old 09-16-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Although I don't drink Coke that much. For the last 2 years I been collecting caps from co-workers for my brother.... I wonder how many points he has now
Old 09-16-10, 03:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Points expire, somewhat fast, in my opinion.
I've been entering them for three years and they have never expired. As long as you don't go a long time without entering any points, they won't expire. I'm not sure of the amount of idle time, but they always remind you with an e-mail a month in advance to enter more point or they will expire.
Old 09-16-10, 03:39 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

280 points can also get a ten dollar gift card for Kmart. Which might be a little better value.
Old 09-16-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, trolls abound.

I never said anything about just buying to get points as that makes absolutely no sense... but the time involved to remember to enter your points every week and an average of 30 seconds to pull off the code from the box and enter it into the computer just isn't worth the effort to me. That's like... 1 hour and 15 minutes of work (yes I just figured that out) for one DVD spread amongst many weeks. Coke boxes are about 100 feet away from the computer, rip it out not messing up the code, deciphering each code (is that a "U or V"?), logging in, entering the code. I make enough in 1 hour and 15 minutes at work to cover buying the damn DVD.

6% isn't bad... it's more than my credit card rewards. I am also guilty of letting my points expire by forgetfulness.

That Kmart coupon is a great deal. If only we had a Kmart within 200 miles of here, lol.
Old 09-16-10, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037
QFT.

Ditto. I do, however, have a pile of points from the last few months which I figured I may someday log. Now I guess I can!
I had points, once upon a time, but they all expired...
Old 09-16-10, 06:32 PM
g

You can use the kmart gift card at sears and sears.com and lands end as well if you dont have a kmart.
Old 09-16-10, 07:09 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

They had White Collar for 1,700 pts. I passed. Seemed expensive to me.
Old 09-16-10, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Man, trolls abound.

I never said anything about just buying to get points as that makes absolutely no sense... but the time involved to remember to enter your points every week and an average of 30 seconds to pull off the code from the box and enter it into the computer just isn't worth the effort to me. That's like... 1 hour and 15 minutes of work (yes I just figured that out) for one DVD spread amongst many weeks. Coke boxes are about 100 feet away from the computer, rip it out not messing up the code, deciphering each code (is that a "U or V"?), logging in, entering the code. I make enough in 1 hour and 15 minutes at work to cover buying the damn DVD.

6% isn't bad... it's more than my credit card rewards. I am also guilty of letting my points expire by forgetfulness.

That Kmart coupon is a great deal. If only we had a Kmart within 200 miles of here, lol.
I drink 2 Liters and once I'm done with a bottle throw the cap in a little "bin" and then log them after I have a decent amount stored up. I log them while I'm watching TV and it takes all of about 20 minutes to max out my points for a week.
Old 09-16-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JB7
They had White Collar for 1,700 pts. I passed. Seemed expensive to me.
Where do you see that at? I only see the ones the OP listed, although there is an advertisement for White Collar, Modern Family, and Glee...none of which I'm seeing. I'd definitely redeem some points for Modern Family.
Old 09-16-10, 07:22 PM
g

They had those others a couple weeks ago and sold out of them. They add them back occasionally to which they sell out again.
Old 09-17-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
I've been entering them for three years and they have never expired. As long as you don't go a long time without entering any points, they won't expire. I'm not sure of the amount of idle time, but they always remind you with an e-mail a month in advance to enter more point or they will expire.
Maybe that was it. It was only a couple months or so when I got an email. I guess the trick is to space out the codes unless you'll have enough to use.

Lately I've only been buying the Coke with real sugar, so I don't get anything.
Old 09-17-10, 02:41 PM

I used to work with a demolition company driving the dump trucks to the landfills. I would always find lots of caps and 12 and 24-packs with the code still on the flap of the box. I had a bag with me to load up on them. Wish they had dvds back then.

Looking at all the caps and flaps is the bags I still have, there might be about 2000 points to still enter. It will take about 18 days to enter all of them.

Last edited by darkhawk; 11-01-10 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-18-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up! I keep collecting points, but don't check the catalog all that often, as I don't really want any Coke-branded things. The only time I've cashed in points was for some Skull Candy ear buds a year or two ago.

But I just redeemed some for "The League". Really want the DVD, but at six episodes, it's wildly overpriced in stores right now.
Old 09-19-10, 02:22 AM

Sweet, I've been looking for something to cash some points in for, and I wanted to check out The League anyway. Saves me a few Netflix rentals. Thanks, OP.
Old 09-19-10, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by g
280 points can also get a ten dollar gift card for Kmart. Which might be a little better value.
I got really excited about this until I realized that it's 1 per account...
Old 10-02-10, 04:33 AM
g

Glee is available for a cool 2000 points. Simpsons 13 for 1700
Old 10-07-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blew out my remaining points on The Simpsons season 13.
Old 10-07-10, 06:59 PM

Added Glee S1 and The Simpsons S13

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.