Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

My Coke Rewards now has DVDs you can redeem with your points

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My Coke Rewards now has DVDs you can redeem with your points

Also, if click on the MCRPLUS link on the coke site they have a ton of titles for $1.98 shipped, such as 2 disc editions of Blood Diamond, 300, The Departed, as well as others like Hard Target and Psycho, and all the Superman movies. I think u gotta give up like 30 to 50 points as well as the 2 bucks. Kinda wavering on getting the Blood Diamond to replace the single disc version I have.
Old 10-08-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by ericn101
Also, if click on the MCRPLUS link on the coke site they have a ton of titles for $1.98 shipped, such as 2 disc editions of Blood Diamond, 300, The Departed, as well as others like Hard Target and Psycho, and all the Superman movies. I think u gotta give up like 30 to 50 points as well as the 2 bucks. Kinda wavering on getting the Blood Diamond to replace the single disc version I have.
Thanks! For whatever reason, I had never clicked on that link. Looks like some decent deals.

Edit to add: There's actually a large number of titles available, but only a select # are available for $1.98 shipped. Others are way overpriced.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 10-08-10 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-09-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know a coworker who got lucky in that he met another guy there (who I met later) who is a rabid Coke drinker. Every day this Coke drinker stops by my cowoker's desk and drops off several Coke caps or cardboard pieces, and the coworker enters them. He said he was using them on sweepstakes, whatever that is. It sounds like a waste to me. I felt like saying I could use them to get DVDs, but then he'd get mad at me for trying to "muscle in" on his free caps because he met the other guy first.

I've never known how much a cap or piece of cardboard is worth. Are they 10 points per cap (i.e. per drink) or 10 points per 6 or 12 pack of soda cans? I'm just curious how many of these caps or cardboard pieces it takes to get, say, 1000 points? I'm not sure if it would take weeks or months to earn a 1000 or 2000 point DVD set?
Old 10-09-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I've never known how much a cap or piece of cardboard is worth. Are they 10 points per cap (i.e. per drink) or 10 points per 6 or 12 pack of soda cans? I'm just curious how many of these caps or cardboard pieces it takes to get, say, 1000 points? I'm not sure if it would take weeks or months to earn a 1000 or 2000 point DVD set?
Bottle caps = 3 pts. whether it comes from a 20 oz. or 2-liter bottle it's still only 3 pts.

12 pack carton codes (imprinted inside carton) = 10 pts.

20 pack = 17 pts.

24 pack case = 20 pts

32 pack consisting of four 8 packs = 25 pts.. These are usually wrapped in plastic and the code can be found imprinted inside the bottom portion of the wrapping.

Dasani bottled water cases are similarly wrapped with their codes worth 20 pts., IIRC.
Old 10-09-10, 07:16 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Its good to watch out for a double points day. They just had one for fresca 12 packs.
Old 10-10-10, 12:50 PM

Xbox69, thanks for the list. That's satisfies my curiosity. From my observations my coworker probably gets about 3 12 pack carton codes and maybe a dozen bottle caps per week from this guy, so he's getting about 60 points per week, so it would take about 16 weeks to hit 1000 points. Of course that's still pretty good considering he isn't buying or drinking the Cokes, but just entering the codes. Bummer that I can't ask the guy for any of his Coke bottlecaps or cartons (and I'm sure he'd be happy to give me some) without angering my coworker for muscling in on his "find". I don't know that my coworker has gotten anything for his Rewards but is just hoarding the points or using them on sweepstakes he says he hasn't won.
Old 10-10-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When I first started collecting points when the program was introduced, I had a couple of friends who gave me tons of caps. One guy was a coca-cola addict (made sure I didn't just type coke addict), with no internet access, so he'd give me a freezer-size ziploc bag of 'em on a regular basis. What's funny is I never asked for them, but word got around and I had several who would remind friends not to throw their caps/codes away so they could pass them along.
Old 10-30-10, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by docdoowop
Blew out my remaining points on The Simpsons season 13.
doc,

Did you receive this yet? What packaging is it in, limited or regular? Thanks!
Old 11-01-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added to list:
The Cleveland Show S1
Family Guy: Partial Terms of Endearment
Mordern Family S1

Points have been reduced on the others.

Took off:
Sons of Anarchy
Glee S1
Old 11-01-10, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Added to list:
The Cleveland Show S1
Family Guy: Partial Terms of Endearment
Mordern Family S1

Points have been reduced on the others.

Took off:
Sons of Anarchy
Glee S1
The do have glee season 1 and bones season 5 for 500 points

bit(dot)ly/cCTR8i
Old 11-01-10, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by kyle
The do have glee season 1 and bones season 5 for 500 points

bit(dot)ly/cCTR8i
Thanks. Added Glee and Bones
Old 11-07-10, 02:35 PM

It shows that Bones, The League, Glee and Modern Family are all out of stock. Will they get more.
Old 12-15-10, 10:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

Just ordered It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 5 for 275 points.
Old 12-15-10, 11:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up teameck, I just ordered one myself. I had a bunch of points left over after getting The League S1 & was waiting to see if they'd offer some more DVDs after that batch was gone.
Old 12-16-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered it since I didn't have it and have a grip of points accumulating!
Old 12-16-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gotrice487
Thanks for the heads up! Ordered it since I didn't have it and have a grip of points accumulating!
I ordered the "It's Always Sunny..." set as well. I've never seen the show, but how can you go wrong with a blind buy when the buy doesn't cost you anything.

After sitting on points for a good while, I'm finally down in the 50 point range. Hope nothing else good shows up soon.
Old 12-16-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by teameck
Just ordered It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 5 for 275 points.
Thanks for the heads up! Been waiting for a price drop, but this is even better.
Old 01-25-11, 12:07 AM

Just bumping this up to let everyone know that today and today only is a double points day. (That is, 1/25/2011).

Sucks for me, I redeemed about 100 points yesterday, maxing out how many I could redeem.

Oh well.
Old 01-25-11, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
Just bumping this up to let everyone know that today and today only is a double points day. (That is, 1/25/2011).

Sucks for me, I redeemed about 100 points yesterday, maxing out how many I could redeem.

Oh well.
I just redeemed 4 codes a few minutes ago, and definitely did NOT receive double points... I didn't know about this. I just happened to enter some codes. I found the ad for it, but it states it is all week, not just today. But from what I'm reading on other forums, only bottle caps for Regular Coke are doubling. Not sure if it is a bug, or if Diet Coke is not one of the "Participating beverages" it mentions... I just sent them an email about it... Too bad BB RZ points are no longer available for redemption... One of the codes I entered was for 250 points. I wish they'd double that one, but I highly doubt it...
http://p.p0.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessa...msgVersion=web

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-25-11 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-25-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
One of the codes I entered was for 250 points. I wish they'd double that one, but I highly doubt it...
http://p.p0.com/YesConnect/HtmlMessa...msgVersion=web
From the fine print...

Limit: valid codes from Participating Brands and Packaging totaling no more than 120 points may be entered per Account, per week.
Old 01-25-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clappj
From the fine print...

Limit: valid codes from Participating Brands and Packaging totaling no more than 120 points may be entered per Account, per week.
That's their standard line. But it isn't true. You obviously can enter more than 120 points per week, seeing as they have a 250 point code...

I called their 800#, and she doubled all of my points entered this morning, including the 250 point code. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

She also said they are aware of the doubling glitch, and are working to fix it. I would recommend waiting until tonight to enter any codes. I wish I had remembered to ask her how long the doubling lasts. The OP stated today only, and an email I received stated the same thing, but the link I previously posted shows the entire week. So I'm not sure about that...

Man, I really wish you could still redeem 200 points for 250 BB RZ points. I'd be all over that...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-25-11 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-25-11, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They still didn't fix the glitch. I entered another 12-pack code for Diet Coke, and only got 10 points. I'm not going to bother calling again... Not for just 10 points...
Old 01-25-11, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

The site's pretty slow for me right now. Maybe they're working on it. I just tested out a cap and only got 3 points.
Old 01-25-11, 08:31 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The 120 point limit doesn't count bonus points. But it does count toward regular point entry.
Old 01-26-11, 01:53 AM

Received this email: Oops!

We’re having trouble with our website and the Coke Family Nights Double Points* offer is not working properly. We’re working to fix it, but don’t worry, your Double Points will show up in your account within the next 14 days.

--------------------

So, hopefully you'll all get your points. I entered the two codes I had before midnight my time (PST), so hope that quialifies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.