Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '10

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September '10

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 09:40 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September

Old 09-13-10, 10:03 AM
WTK

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September

Make a Splash! Save at Least 33% OFF All Boys' Love & Yaoi From Yaoi Press @ RightStuf.com

For three days only, make a splash with savings on boys' love and yaoi titles and swag from Yaoi Press!

From now through September 16, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 33% OFF the retail prices of all books and merchandise from Yaoi Press! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CDT on Thursday, September 16, 2010!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from Yaoi Press. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Make a Splash!" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Yaoi Press items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Please note: Some items in this sale are for adults only. You will have to click through your acceptance of our adult terms of sale to view those specific items. Should you not be interested in this type of material, please do not view these items.

Surge © Kyle Green Studio Kosaru
Old 09-13-10, 10:07 AM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...

Old 09-13-10, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The voltron's have all been "dumped" per sey, along with a ton of MB product, expect much lower prices across the board. Just a heads up.

Alot of media blasters product will be showing up in closeout outlets and extremely cheap thru third party sellers, they had to liquidate a ton of product, they will be distributed thru Right Stuff, it seems to be a good turn for them, but also a good chance to get some of thier items that were a little too "pricey" recently.

Edit took out the accidental "not" for those just reading

Last edited by bmvtoys; 09-13-10 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-13-10, 01:04 PM
Cool New Member

nice
Old 09-13-10, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by bmvtoys
The voltron's have all been "dumped" per sey, along with a ton of MB product, expect much lower prices across the board. Just a heads up.

Alot of media blasters product will be showing up in closeout outlets and extremely cheap thru third party sellers, they had to liquidate a ton of product, they will not be distributed thru Right Stuff, it seems to be a good turn for them, but also a good chance to get some of thier items that were a little too "pricey" recently.
What the hell happened to Media Blasters? And where can i find the third party sellers to get the stuff cheap? :P
Old 09-13-10, 03:29 PM

Its coming, they kinda downsized, there is alot of fluff on the net about it, the Media Blasters president issued a statement knocking it down a little, but the problems are obvious. I can provide a list of titles that were dumped if anyone is interested, no singles just yet, sets and box sets were dumped, i will know in a few days if they are returns or not, when i get my stuff I picked up wholesale-

I can tell you the voltron's are in there, moribito, and some other anime to start, this is just the beginning-

b
Old 09-13-10, 03:53 PM

Its coming, they kinda downsized, there is alot of fluff on the net about it, the Media Blasters president issued a statement knocking it down a little, but the problems are obvious. I can provide a list of titles that were dumped if anyone is interested, no singles just yet, sets and box sets were dumped, i will know in a few days if they are returns or not, when i get my stuff I picked up wholesale-

I can tell you the voltron's are in there, moribito, and some other anime to start, this is just the beginning-

b
Oh wow, that sounds bad

Fortunately i got the MB titles i really wanted (Genshiken 2 Box-Set and Ah! My Buddha Complete Collection) for really good prices from Deepdiscount and DVDPacific.

Moribito sounds really interesting and perhaps i may buy a few other boxsets IF the price is a bargain :P

I hope online retailers will go the same way like the stores (if there will be a MB clearance) because its impossible to visit an american dvd store in europe.
Old 09-13-10, 04:21 PM

Alot of media blasters product will be showing up in closeout outlets and extremely cheap thru third party sellers, they had to liquidate a ton of product, they will not be distributed thru Right Stuff, it seems to be a good turn for them, but also a good chance to get some of thier items that were a little too "pricey" recently.
Did you mean to have the "not" in there with regard to Right Stuf? Because this link makes it sound like they are. And what did you mean by "it seems to be a good turn for them"?
Old 09-13-10, 04:39 PM

Sorry my bad im tired, been working alot, they ARE being distributed by RS, which is good for them, i think that by distributing thier own product, they really lost focus and had to raise thier prices to levels nobody could afford in reality.

This is a great turn for them (the distribution), but they need to control thier closeouts better, from what i see the numbers that were talked about on the net (search around) are no where near what was really dumped at closeout, wish estimates of returned product form best buy alone being in the range of 7000+ DISKS, whereas i know of a distributor that has 3 times that amount of sets.

Last edited by bmvtoys; 09-13-10 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 09-14-10, 03:24 PM
WTK

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast): Anime Spectacular - Sunday, September 26th

Buy One, Get One Half Off on EVERYTHING ANIME!

Join us for a celebration of everything anime!
DVDs, accessories, figures, t-shirts, Pocky®, magazines, scrolls, swords
Join the Cosplay Costume Swap, Play Trivia Games and Win Prizes!

Last edited by WTK; 09-14-10 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

I assume that this is FYE.
Old 09-14-10, 04:26 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

I assume that this is FYE.
Yeah. Select FYE and Suncoast stores.
Old 09-14-10, 07:42 PM
WTK

20% off Coupon @ Select Big Lots stores:
Spoiler:
http://www.biglots.com/coupon/20100913_BuzzClubCoupon.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by WTK; 09-16-10 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-14-10, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
Don't know about the other stores, but the Diamond Bar, CA store never carried DVDs.
Old 09-15-10, 03:36 AM

why is the coupon so HUUUUUGE?!?!?!
...and nowhere near me :/
Old 09-16-10, 05:25 AM
WTK

Heavenly Deals! Save at least 40% OFF Most DVDs & 33% OFF Most Books & Merch From Media Blasters @ RightStuf.com

Find heavenly deals on most DVDs, Blu-ray, books and more from Media Blasters and its Tokyo Shock, Shriek Show and Kitty Media labels – from anime favorites, such as Dokuro-Chan, Moribito, Beast King GoLion and Rurouni Kenshin, to live-action releases, including Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Onechanbara, and Zebraman!

From now through September 27, the "your price" listed is the price you pay – no coupon code required – and these new prices represent a savings of at least 40% OFF the retail prices of DVD and Blu-ray titles and at least 33% OFF the retail prices of books and merchandise from Media Blasters – as long as the item has been released. (Pre-orders are excluded from this sale!)

Just be sure to place your orders before 11:59 p.m. CDT on Monday, September 27, 2010!

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% of the MSRP for DVD and Blu-ray titles and up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from Media Blasters. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Heavenly Deals!" graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Media Blasters items we carry! (Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Also, Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan © Masaki Okayu

Last edited by WTK; 09-16-10 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-16-10, 09:46 AM

Oh great, TRSi changed prices

Kurau Phantom Bundle $14.99 -> now $19.99
Both Kaleido Star Seasons each $14.99 -> now each $19.99

Makes $15 more to pay for my possible order
Old 09-16-10, 10:14 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by RockJack
Oh great, TRSi changed prices

Kurau Phantom Bundle $14.99 -> now $19.99
Both Kaleido Star Seasons each $14.99 -> now each $19.99

Makes $15 more to pay for my possible order
Check again.
Old 09-16-10, 10:25 AM

The following is an unsolicited love letter.

I have a Got Anime membership and Shawne's regular sales, weekly deals and daily specials are all great and provide much opportunity for me to empty my wallet of unnecessary cash that would otherwise be thrown away on crap like rent or food. But the kind of customer service and feedback(like the previous post) that he and his staff provide are what makes Rightstuf.com stand out as business that anime fans return to time and again over other outlets which can be inconsistent. I have never, ever received a package of dvd's from either rightstuf.com or their amazon marketplace spot that wasn't well packaged and shipped promptly. I don't post alot, and I apologize for the hero/fan worship but with other companies like the old buyritedvd site and dvdpacific dropping and/or reappearing as business and customer service question marks, the consistency that Rightstuf.com provides has kept me purchasing anime for years now. Thanks, Shawne!!!

An anime and good business fan.
Old 09-16-10, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by shawnek
Check again.
Thank you Mr.Shawnek

I just placed my order for these items (and a few more )

€dit.: Got my order confirmation. That was really fast this time

Last edited by RockJack; 09-16-10 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-16-10, 06:08 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Old 09-16-10, 09:18 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Cart Toppers
» Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (PLEASE NOTE: These specials are only valid September 16 – September 22, 2010!)

Last edited by WTK; 09-23-10 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-18-10, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dante Inferno (Bluray) $8.58 at deepdiscount

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.