DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/578571-i-love-lucy-complete-series-dvd-%2450-bestbu-com-rz-silver-only.html)

bigfoot0968 08-29-10 12:31 PM

I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
REWARDS ZONE SILVER PREMIER members only


I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Best Buy Online Only Premier Silver members - Reward Zone. Retail price is $209. Price only shows up in cart. Must be logged in with your rewards zone member number.

I Love Lucy: Complete Series[Fullscreen] - DVD
SKU: 9636161 | Release Date: 10/23/2007
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/I+Love+L...829&lp=11&cp=1

Members Exclusive Offer: 50% Off Select Complete Series

Reward Zone® program Silver members, here's an exclusive offer just for you: Save 50% on a wide variety of complete TV series collections, including Daria, The Munsters, and more.
Online only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/null/nul...at185700050011


===== Important to Note - While the deal says 50% off selected titles... They are showing up in the cart for $50 === I personally bought I Love Lucy & Miami Vice... my total was 107.00 after tax... free shipping =============================

kstublen 08-29-10 12:56 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
Thanks for posting this. I jumped on this deal, as I've been wanting the show for a while. I think there is definitely something glitchy with the sale though, because I also added Daria to my cart and it was $50, which if the sale is 50% Off is obviously incorrect. Still, got I Love Lucy which is a great deal for a great show.

Shawerma 08-29-10 01:30 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10344693)
Thanks for posting this. I jumped on this deal, as I've been wanting the show for a while. I think there is definitely something glitchy with the sale though, because I also added Daria to my cart and it was $50, which if the sale is 50% Off is obviously incorrect. Still, got I Love Lucy which is a great deal for a great show.

shame im not a silver member. I would have loved to get the complete series.

dx23 08-29-10 02:29 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
I'm a silver member and I can't see any of these deals you are posting.

kstublen 08-29-10 02:52 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 10344795)
I'm a silver member and I can't see any of these deals you are posting.

There's something glitchy with the system. It took me a few times to get the I Love Lucy deal to show up. I had to add it to my cart, remove it, sign in, sign out, add it back to my cart from the page the OP linked to, then checked my cart and it was in there for $50.00, but yeah, it is hit or miss if it works the first time you add it to your cart.

Corihor1 08-29-10 08:16 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10344821)
There's something glitchy with the system. It took me a few times to get the I Love Lucy deal to show up. I had to add it to my cart, remove it, sign in, sign out, add it back to my cart from the page the OP linked to, then checked my cart and it was in there for $50.00, but yeah, it is hit or miss if it works the first time you add it to your cart.

It was working for me earlier and I was able to get a Lucy set. But now nothing I do is getting me any of the discounted prices, not even the 50.00 Glitch. Is anyone else able to get the sets to 50.00 or at half price?

ProfessorEcho 08-30-10 10:39 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
It sure would be nice if someday one of these outrageously good deals at Best Buy (e.g. the $12.99 ULTIMATE WATCHMEN; $6.99 BATMAN UNDER THE RED HOOD) would actually be a bargain that more than five people could take advantage of.

jimdrix 08-30-10 07:00 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
Thanks OP! Was able to get one of these to work!

Zbu 08-30-10 07:16 PM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho (Post 10346114)
It sure would be nice if someday one of these outrageously good deals at Best Buy (e.g. the $12.99 ULTIMATE WATCHMEN; $6.99 BATMAN UNDER THE RED HOOD) would actually be a bargain that more than five people could take advantage of.

I actually looked up what it takes to be an RZ Silver Member. So to possibly buy an I Love Lucy boxset at 50% off (ignoring the $50 total price thing as a glitch that Best Buy would probably reverse when they find out) of Best Buy's price--which at this writing is ~$100 or so--you would have to make $2500 worth of purchases at Best Buy in one calendar year.

$2500 worth.

This isn't a deal, this sounds like a way to get more Silver Members. Oh, and you can get a Lucy set for around that price if you troll eBay or Amazon marketplace. This is not a deal.

kenbenobi 08-31-10 12:26 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by Zbu (Post 10347128)
I actually looked up what it takes to be an RZ Silver Member. So to possibly buy an I Love Lucy boxset at 50% off (ignoring the $50 total price thing as a glitch that Best Buy would probably reverse when they find out) of Best Buy's price--which at this writing is ~$100 or so--you would have to make $2500 worth of purchases at Best Buy in one calendar year.

$2500 worth.

This isn't a deal, this sounds like a way to get more Silver Members. Oh, and you can get a Lucy set for around that price if you troll eBay or Amazon marketplace. This is not a deal.

There are easier ways. I got the RZ Mastercard. I had to spend $1000 this year to become Silver. And since all MC purchases anywhere counted, it was quite easy to do... I didn't spend much money at BB at all...

kenbenobi 08-31-10 12:37 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
Thanks, OP, just ordered I Love Lucy... I debated Hogan's Heroes, but couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe before the week ends...

Demonmoon68 08-31-10 06:44 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
They fixed the glitch. now its just 50% off which is still good.

kstublen 08-31-10 10:53 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by Zbu (Post 10347128)
I actually looked up what it takes to be an RZ Silver Member. So to possibly buy an I Love Lucy boxset at 50% off (ignoring the $50 total price thing as a glitch that Best Buy would probably reverse when they find out) of Best Buy's price--which at this writing is ~$100 or so--you would have to make $2500 worth of purchases at Best Buy in one calendar year.

$2500 worth.

This isn't a deal, this sounds like a way to get more Silver Members. Oh, and you can get a Lucy set for around that price if you troll eBay or Amazon marketplace. This is not a deal.

It's not as if they're forcing you to become a Silver Member. If it's stuff you're going to buy anyway, getting more points and some special offers as a Silver Member is a nice added bonus. I don't ever buy stuff to maintain my Silver Membership, I just buy what I'm going to buy period. Mine will probably lapse this year, which is fine, but just because I bought other stuff doesn't make this any less of a great deal.

kenbenobi 09-01-10 08:09 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
Fastest shipping EVER. It only took UPS a few HOURS to get it from the warehouse to my local truck:

ELM GROVE, WI, US 09/01/2010 6:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
...........................09/01/2010 5:38 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL,...US 09/01/2010 3:24 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
...........................09/01/2010 12:42 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN

bigfoot0968 09-03-10 12:28 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10349657)
Fastest shipping EVER. It only took UPS a few HOURS to get it from the warehouse to my local truck:

ELM GROVE, WI, US 09/01/2010 6:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
...........................09/01/2010 5:38 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS, IL,...US 09/01/2010 3:24 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
...........................09/01/2010 12:42 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN

I agree... I wouldn't believe if I didn't see it myself. I made 2 separate orders... Received the first one Wednesday, 2nd shipment came today (thursday)... still waiting for the back ordered Will and Grace

kstublen 09-03-10 12:35 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
I got mine VERY fast too. Unusually fast for a Best Buy order. Not as fast as kenbenobi though, geez.

kthnxbai 10-01-10 02:05 AM

Re: I Love Lucy: Complete Series (DVD) $50 Bestbu.com RZ Silver Only
 
Had I known this, I would have jumped on the Lucy DVD set.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.