Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Jesse Stone (feat. Tom Selleck): DVD 2-Packs @ Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-10, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jesse Stone (feat. Tom Selleck): DVD 2-Packs @ Walmart

I just returned from Walmart and noticed that they have two double feature DVD collections of the Jesse Stone DVD series. The movies are in widescreen and feature 2 Jesse Stone movies in each set. They're priced at $9 each. Oh, and these are only available in-store, they are not available on Walmart's website. I've already checked.

I don't remember the combination but the movies that I recall attacked to these two double feature titles are: Stone Cold, Sea Change, Night Passage and Death in Paradise.

Ice Storm is not included as I suspect they may be waiting for the 6th movie to be released.
Old 07-21-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Jesse Stone (feat. Tom Selleck): DVD 2-Packs @ Walmart

/\ I've noticed these at Walmart for the same price with $10 Movie or Concession Cash for either Salt, The Other Guys, or Eat, Pray, Love.
Old 07-21-10, 02:44 PM

Well, thoguht I'd pass this little bargain deal along. These really are some great moviesJesse Stone is a perfect fit for Selleck.
Old 07-22-10, 08:17 AM

As solid, old-fashioned TV mysteries go, the Jesse Stone movies are among the best. Well acted, handsomely shot, with strong plotlines by the late Robert Parker (also creator of Spenser). IMO Selleck's best work in a while. Hopefully the Parker estate will enable more of these TV movies to go forward. Also, I'm hoping Selleck's new series Blue Bloods doesn't preclude more Jesse Stone movies. If you like traditional mysteries, this is a great deal.
Old 07-25-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
/\ I've noticed these at Walmart for the same price with $10 Movie or Concession Cash for either Salt, The Other Guys, or Eat, Pray, Love.
I found none with the movie cash stickers on them. Hope it is inside the case.. otherwise I will have opened my copies long before I watch them.. which is not what I usually do... (still sealed until watch)...
Old 07-25-10, 02:24 PM

There were none with mine but I'm happy with my purchase, anyways. I'm planning on ordering Thin Ice and No Remorse from Walmart tomorrow. They are $9 and $15, respectfully. I'd just like to see them released on Blu-ray.
Old 07-25-10, 02:48 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I found none with the movie cash stickers on them. Hope it is inside the case.. otherwise I will have opened my copies long before I watch them.. which is not what I usually do... (still sealed until watch)...
In my extensive experience with these, if it is not marked on the case, it's not going to be inside the case.