DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dollar Tree DVDs

Old 05-27-19, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I'm out of DVD cases now. The last will go to "Places In The Heart" when it arrives next week. I think - in June or so the next wave should hit DT stores.
John, it's been awhile since I bought cases for my online business; but if memory serves, if you buy a case form a number of internet sites you'll be way under $1.00 ea. probably closer to .40 each. On the other hand, I do know that when the USPS started cracking down on cases being sent media mail it did cause shipping to go way up.

Another option that has worked for me is putting an add on Craig's List that you'll pay .xx per case in bulk. Some people treat DVD's like they do cd's & throw away the cases.
Old 05-28-19, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

John, it's been awhile since I bought cases for my online business; but if memory serves, if you buy a case form a number of internet sites you'll be way under $1.00 ea.
Done that - they're the cheap cases found in XXX titles; often brittle. And the nubs can easily break.

Should know, I have an adult collection. *wink*

I buy my cases from DT sales since I know which studio have the good ones. Otherwise, it's a mix bag. I'm not a fan of Magnolia Home Entertainment or Cinedigm Entertainment cases. I do like Artisan Home Entertainment, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment cases. Solid walls, not those eco-cases with good nubs.

And... to add new movies to my collection, blind buys feel good at a buck each. Plus DVDs I wanted the first time around, but were more than I was willing to spend.

On the other hand, I do know that when the USPS started cracking down on cases being sent media mail it did cause shipping to go way up.
I've felt that, many of my eBay purchases have been bumped up, postage-wise.

Some people treat DVD's like they do cd's & throw away the cases.
I've done that from some sellers on eBay; 'like new' - yeah, in what universe is that considered like new? Spent too much for a ton of cases which were garbage. Many were scratched up, dented and a lot of XXX cases. In short, I got burned.

So I prefer to spend that dollar per case, I know what I'm getting; examine each and which studios has the 'good stuff'.

Thank for the reply. But I'll pass. Not gonna spend more money on something that far too many don't understand - knowing what 'mint' or 'like new' means. The used DVD purchase horror stories I could tell.

Something else - you, MooMooMooMoo are the 1,000th post in this thread. Congratulation. A testament that people still care and are actively interested.
Old 05-31-19, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

New batch at my local DT store yesterday ,about 90% DVD/10% blu.bought a few .

how i live now
hobo with a shotgun collector's edition
mutant chronicles collector's edition
full moon i want to sing
full moon her first kiss
mummy i'm a zombie
Old 05-31-19, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 219 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks to JoeySeven's post, I ran to my local store and picked up the following:

Legit: The Complete First Season
Nina
Frank
R. L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls
Indian Summers: The Complete First Season
Compliance
Berlin Syndrome
Inherent Vice
Hobo with a Shotgun

I also picked up 9 Blu-rays as well.
Old 05-31-19, 06:37 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Trying to break the cycle. Saw the posts but just kept driving past my local DTs today. Must resist...
Old 06-01-19, 05:08 AM

It has begun (again).

Thanks for the info.

Would like to get "Inherent Vice" and "Mutant Chronicles: Collector's Edition" - I need one of the discs, I accidentally damaged my copy.
Old 06-02-19, 02:56 AM

Hasn't hit my local DT; still doing their weekly item - solar walk-way lights.

But the DVDs will be out, later this week, which should be on Thursday.
Old 06-05-19, 03:14 PM

Just phoned. My store will put them out on Friday. But other stores have put them out now. Call before you go.
Old 06-05-19, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This past weekend I found and bought VHS 1 for DVD from the Dollar Tree store. Nice surprise for a change.
Old 06-05-19, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anything from what i read around sites, i gonna just swing by after job and see what can score if the goods are stocked by chance. if not then can always go back later or friday the next day when they open and score what i can then. just guessing some stores gonna have all the goods out thurs or friday this week. got 2 stores close by but may just go to just the one unless feel need go both can try the other place later.
Old 06-05-19, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Was excited to find Bad Milo & Rookie of the Year this evening!
Old 06-06-19, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went by the closest store today (Thursday). Not out yet.
Old 06-07-19, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I only went to one store. They had a lot of stuff, 95% of which I'd never heard of. 14 blind buys blu & dvd; + 1 Twilight Zone dvd of rarities (These episodes were not on the dvd box, I will have to look before I open it to see if they're on the blu box). At $1.00 each (actually $1.11 with our criminal sales tax) if any become an empty case I'll live!

They also had Experimenter on DVD which I picked up last time.

dvd's:
Just Shoot Me S1
More Treasures Of The Twilight Zone
The Signal
Mutant Chronicles
King Arthur Excaliber Rising
Take This Waltz
The Girl
PBS Mercy Street Season 2
The Last Word
SNL In The 80's: Lost & Found

blu-rays in that thread. They had a TON more, but 15 blind buy's was enough........
Old 06-08-19, 01:17 AM

Recently went to place after job and scored alot like mutant chronicle and alot variety as to some i planned to get and rest got cause interest and extra worth get at time. as i aware that i check br first for any want and now by chance come with a dvd so i get what i can if not just br and misc since not got br player but can get one later. made sure to add to basket to start so not miss any then check what had and put back any i really not want. i not do resell so i get for what i want most and leave rest for others so every one get chance to score some cheap vids till the next time they get any again.
Old 06-08-19, 03:53 AM

Only one of the stores in my area had them out, kinda a poor selection.

Took home "Mercy Street: Season 2" and "Good Kids" - both blind buys.

The local store claims the titles will be put out tomorrow - which is now today. But they said that on Thursday and Friday.
Old 06-09-19, 02:16 AM

Done; three stores in my area.

Picked up as blind buys:

Legit: The Complete First Season

The Signal

Troll Hunter

The Lazarus Effect

Gedar Rapids: The Super Awesome Edition

How I Live Now

And thirteen releases for cases.

Nobody here had "Inherent Vice", "Indian Summers: The Complete First Season" or "Compliance".
Old 06-09-19, 05:25 PM

Wondering if and when they send boxes to the stores that they just send so many to ea store and just have choice of what stores get. can only guess if u by chance have so many or so few in the area that not all will get the same movies or same amount as they stores have cause some may have left overs from past shipments that no one cares to buy any at anytime. saw movies i saw last time so since movies are mass produced that by chance they get same ones or a complete new batch kinda when they get new boxes every few months. i just learned to have some bank ready cause alot can get and not bad deal compared to other places by chance may charge more then a buck for the same selection anytime.
Old 06-09-19, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Most Dollar Tree lots and their title mix are tied to regional distributor returns from Walmart. That is why you have mixed selections that vary from region to region.
Old 06-09-19, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Most Dollar Tree lots and their title mix are tied to regional distributor returns from Walmart. That is why you have mixed selections that vary from region to region.
And Target. I've seen several Target exclusives at Dollar Tree's around my area.
Old 06-10-19, 10:05 PM

I debate getting more even though i have so many already from last trip and any from thrift place i check at random. just west coast getting a heat wave and so it debatable knowing how they always have dvds cause traffic slowly going to streaming so they donate any dvd or br they have now if any. and since i always see wm bins full or almost filled of dvd and br when i check stuff, i random check any i really want at time or just wait to go thrift to get cheaper and still in good condition at time. just gotta wait and see what gold i can score later.
Old 06-12-19, 03:59 AM

It's a hit and miss thing, Cabler45 - when it's good.

It's very good.
Old 06-15-19, 06:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Finally got around to hitting my local store today - a total bust. There was an endcap with like, 4-5 DVD's laying in a pile of other junk.

I was hoping to at least get "Troll Hunter" & "Hobo With A Shotgun".
Old 06-16-19, 05:42 AM

It's pretty much a 'first come - first served' kind of thing.
Old 06-16-19, 03:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah - I figured it was a "you snooze/you lose" situation. I just didn't get a chance to get there earlier. Well...I actually DID last week, but there was drama going on. The store was supposed to be open at 9, & at 10 the manager shows up to a crowd of people waiting outside & announces "I can't get in. My keys were stolen".

It's not the first time they haven't opened on time. And this location also caught fire last year, & was closed for months. Apparently it's haunted.

Last edited by DiggityDawg; 06-17-19 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-16-19, 03:13 PM

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,089 Posts

And I continue to have never seen a Blu-ray or DVD at a Dollar Tree in my neck of the woods. Ever.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.