Dollar Tree DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

Originally Posted by jayceman
A new batch of Mill Creek Entertainment titles just hit the local Dollar Trees,

a lot of which was or is on the $5 encap at Target or have been at Half Price Books for a while, though this is the cheapest pricing on these so far--

Titles include:

Little Monsters-complete series
Definitely not as good as the previous batch... I didn't know there was a TV series called Little Monsters. I remember the movie...
Regardless, for a buck, I suppose any of those could be worth purchasing...
Old 05-09-12, 07:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

No dice in my neighborhood. Maybe they're supposed to go out on Friday again?
Old 05-10-12, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from one DT and picked up:

Wanted: Dead or Alive - S1 V1
Thirtysomething - S1 V1
Day Break - Complete Series

Next visit will get:

21 Jump St (best of)
Little Monsters-complete series
Hunter - Seas 1, vol 1
Hunter - Seas 2
Ironside - best of Seas 1
Old 05-10-12, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Oooh, you have me all excited now! I knew you said you were gonna be busy for a while, but I thought you forgot about this, and I wasn't going to bother you about it... Thanks a ton!!! I've been on a Zooey kick lately, so I may actually watch this as soon as I receive it! LMK how much I owe you! You are truly an awesome DVDTalker! You

Don't worry about paying me back...

Maybe 'pay it forward' one day to someone else...

Enjoy it...
Old 05-11-12, 11:17 AM

I really want to get Day Break, but I didn't find anything new this morning.
Old 05-11-12, 04:18 PM

Went to 3 DT and only 1 had the DVDs out, picked up:

Marcus Welby, M.D. - 5 Episodes

Little Monsters

Nothing else interesting, some more kids stuff and many Thirtysomething and Day Break...
Old 05-12-12, 10:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked up:

Day Break
Thirtysomething

Nothing too exciting this time around.

I called the Greenfield MA store, and they said they didn't have any. Pittsfield MA had a bunch.
Old 05-14-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Stopped by my local store on Thursday of last week and saw nothing new. Popped in on Saturday evening for a moment and there was a pile of the new stuff.

Picked up the Marcus Welby (5 episodes), Thirtysomething (10 episodes), Animal Stories Complete Series and Wanted: Dead or Alive Season 1

A little odd to see different versions of the same titles. For instance, that Wanted: Dead or Alive set I purchased was the complete first season (36 episodes), but I also noticed a volume 1 of it with 18 episodes. Saw lots of Daybreak, which I already own. Some copies were in slimmer DVD cases than others.
Old 05-15-12, 11:43 AM
CVB

I just got the following sets this morning - in Orlando ( Waterford Lakes Town Center ) - ALL where Mill Creek....

Punky Brewster ( I think it had 8 episodes - gift for sister ) NOTE: both the Mill Creek AND the Shout Factory logos appear on the spine

MOVIE DOUBLE FEATURE of "FOR HIRE" ( Joe Mantegna - Rob Lowe - rated R ) and "SOUTHERN CROSS" ( Esai Morales - Michael Ironside - Malcolm McDowell - rated R ) 1 single sided dvd - both movies are FULLscreen - both have their trailers shown before the start

THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO ( William Katt - 4 episodes - FULLscreen - 1 single sided disc )... the episodes are...
PILOT
THE HIT CAR
HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU, KID
SATURDAY NIGHT ON SUNSET BOULEVARD

21 JUMP STREET "BEST OF"... ( 1 single sided disc - Johnny Depp and many others - NOT rated )... the SIX EPISODES in the set are from SEASON 2...
IN THE CUSTODY OF A CLOWN
BESIEGED PART 1
BESIEGED PART 2
TWO FOR THE ROAD
AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL
HIGHER EDUCATION

HUNTER SEASON 1 VOL 1 ( FRED DRYER and STEPFANIE KRAMER - 2 single sided discs - NOT rated - FULLscreen )... the 9 episodes are....
PILOT
HARD CONTACT
THE HOT GROUNDER
A VERY LONG WAY FROM L.A.
LEGACY
FLIGHT ON A DEAD PIGEON
PEN PALS
DEAD OR ALIVE
HIGH BLEACHER MAN

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE SEASON 1 VOL 1 ( STEVE MCQUEEN and many others - 2 single sided discs - NOT rated - FULLscreen - black & white )... the 18 episodes are...
THE MARTIN POSTER
FATAL MEMORY
THE BOUNTY
DEAD END
PASSING OF SHAWNEE BILL
THE GIVEAWAY GUN
RANSON FOR A NUN
MIRACLE AT POT HOLE
THE FOURTH HEADSTONE
TIL DEATH DO US PART
THE FAVOR
RICOCHET
SHERIFF OF RED ROCK
DIE BY THE GUN
RAWHIDE BREED
EIGHT CENT REWARD
DROP TO DRINK
ROPE LAW

THIRTYSOMETHING SEASON 1 VOL 1 ( Peter Horton and many others - 2 single sided discs - NOT rated - FULLscreen ) ... the 10 episodes are...
PILOT
THE PARENTS ARE COMING
HOUSEWARMING
COUPLES
BUT NOT FOR ME
WE GATHER TOGETHER
NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT
WEARING
I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
SOUTH BY SOUTHEAST
Old 05-18-12, 09:13 PM

At my local store, I noticed a lot of Mill Creek "Cookie Jar" releases like Mona the Vampire: Show Us Your Fangs and more recent cartoons. Nothing like Twentysomething.

I'll check again tomorrow, see if they have Archie's Weird Mysteries there.
Old 05-18-12, 09:44 PM

Went to the Stockbridge GA Dollar Tree, not a thing. No DVDs of any kind.After hitting many stores today(Big Lots, Walgreens, Goodwill, etc) I had given up finding anything, but remembered a Dollar Tree I don't get into much in Jonesboro GA(on Tara, not the one on Tara in Lovejoy) finally! Saw the best of Greatest American Hero, 21 JUMP STREET "BEST OF", Season one, Vol One of Wanted Dead or Alive(would love to find the full season, but it's still 18 episodes) They had several copies of Thirtysomething 10 shows, HUNTER SEASON 1 VOL 1 ,Marcus Welby 5 episodes(If you are on the fence on this show, or never even thought about it, I have rented a few discs via netflix, and was really blown away by the quality-some were sad, but this show shouldn't have fallen off the face of the earth-how long has it been out of syndication? great way to see if you want to own) Punky Brewster , He-Man vs Universe(I think, show was after my time) Betty White Show(s) (two different 50's shows with 20 total) and a few other lesser known(at least to me) animated shows.
If you haven't been in a lot of DT stores, they usually have the dvds on a bottom row, down the aisle with electronic do-dads...
Old 05-19-12, 11:36 AM

Found the same Mill Creek titles at the Waldorf, MD DT this weekend.

Hunter S1V1
Marcus Welby 5ES
Day Break CS
Thirtysomething S1V1
Wanted: Dead or Alive S1V1
The Greatest American Hero BO
Betty White: Televisions Comedy Queen - 20 Episodes with:
--Life with Elizabeth - 12 Episodes
--Date with the Angels - 8 Episodes
Cartoon Craze Presents Superman: The Eleventh Hour with 4 Fleischer cartoons from Fleischer Studios and 5 from Famous Studios plus 6 random vintage shorts from the '30's and '40's.
Old 05-19-12, 02:05 PM

Got the Betty White tv series set. $1 for 20 episodes is a steal.
If anyone wants to know it's a two disc set and bot have artwork.

Also saw the newer He Man cartoon (10 eps. I believe)
Also saw Bravestar, Thirtysomething Best Of, Daybreak Complete Series, and some other cartoon series I can't remember.
Old 05-19-12, 11:29 PM

No Archie's Weird Mysteries at the Dollar Tree I went to the other day. They did have Thirtysomething S1V1 and Great American Hero.
Old 05-20-12, 03:06 PM

Found some movie compilation sets from Mill Creek.

Action Features: 4 Movies - Carolina Skeletons/The Cops Are Robbers/On the Streets of L.A./Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer Private Eye - A New Leaf

12 Movie Collection - Love, Loss & Affliction - And Then There Was One, Baby Snatcher, Custody of the Heart, The Execution of Raymond Graham, Guilt By Association, Happy Endings, The Hired Heart, Miles To Go, My Breast, Passion's Way, The Soul Collector, Time to Say Goodbye?

The Greatest American Hero - The Complete Second Season (22 Episodes on 4 DVD's)
Old 05-20-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

Got that 12-movie set- laughed out loud in the store when I saw one of them was titled "My Breast"!
Old 05-21-12, 06:53 AM

Finally hit a DT with some of the Mill Creek titles. Got Thirtysomething, Wanted Dead or Alive, and Nanoboy. Already have Hunter, Daybreak, Last Amer. Hero, and 21 Jump St.
Old 05-21-12, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I went to DT when these titles were first announced, I found about 5 titles that weren't in slim cases (99% of what they have are slims)... Far Cry (skipped due to bad reviews and people's intense hatred for Uwe Boll movies), Party of Five (which I got), something about our wonderful President, and a couple others I don't remember. This time there were exactly 4 non-slims: Great Debaters (which I got), The Escapist, Metropolis (some Japanese anime), and the one about our wonderful President again. So it's definitely slim pickens (not the actor) at my DT store. I wonder if I should've gotten Metropolis or The Escapist?
Old 05-21-12, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Got that 12-movie set- laughed out loud in the store when I saw one of them was titled "My Breast"!
Is it this made for TV movie with Merideth Baxter?
http://www.amazon.com/My-Breast-True...7618427&sr=8-1
Not a bad film and...well...you get to see that Merideth is quite.....healthy.
Old 05-21-12, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Definitely not as good as the previous batch... I didn't know there was a TV series called Little Monsters. I remember the movie...
Regardless, for a buck, I suppose any of those could be worth purchasing...
This is actually a U.K. cartoon "series" for elementary school age kids; the box says "52 episodes" but it's actually four hours with four episodes of very short little films about presumably first graders who have peccadillos: being shy, being late, being contrary, etc. Kind of cute and little kids might like it but obviously not made for "general" audiences.
Old 05-21-12, 05:20 PM

Just went to DT today and obviously these were put out this am as the area was full (alas with none of the really good stuff mentioned so far like Betty White, the 12 movie series, four action movies, Archie's Weird Mysteries) they had:

Hunter S1V1
Marcus Welby 5ES
Day Break CS
Thirtysomething S1V1
Wanted: Dead or Alive S1V1
The Greatest American Hero BO
Little Monsters
He Man vs. Universe (thin case and thicker one)
For Hire/Southern Cross

several obscure (to me) cartoon shows, nearly everything had three copies.
Old 05-21-12, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went today and found:

Mona The Vampire: Show Us Your Fangs
World Of Quest: The Quest Begins
The New Adventures Of Nanoboy (10 eps)
Bravestarr (10 eps)
Thirtysomething S1V1
The Greatest American Hero (4 eps)
Wimzie's House: A World of Enchantment
Old 05-22-12, 01:14 PM

This reminds me of when the beanie baby craze was going full trottle. I accidentally frequented a dollar tree back in December/January when they put out about 45 different titles of brand new DVD movies for a dollar. And I subsequently googled and found this site for forum discussions.I see a lot of flea market dealers have become savvy to the goldmine ,because a lot of these present and past titles are showing up at their tables similarly to the beanie baby craze.

My DT in Pottstown,Pa. only had about 10 copies of the thirtysomething TV series along with some animation garbage. I guess I should check back here on a regular basis and be ready to pounce. My store says that they get shipments in on Saturdays taking about 48 hours to put them on the shelves contrary to the Friday placement as stated in other's posts. Has anyone wondered why only Dollar Tree seems to have these wonderful brand new movies for a buck? Anyway, I found the following older TV series at Target for only five dollars each which is still a bargain:

Life-Season one(Sarah Shahi & Damian Lewis
Pacific Blue-Complete Season one
Lexx-Complete season Two
Mercy-Complete Series
Old 05-24-12, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by smartalec44
This reminds me of when the beanie baby craze was going full trottle. I accidentally frequented a dollar tree back in December/January when they put out about 45 different titles of brand new DVD movies for a dollar. And I subsequently googled and found this site for forum discussions.I see a lot of flea market dealers have become savvy to the goldmine ,because a lot of these present and past titles are showing up at their tables similarly to the beanie baby craze.
I'm pretty sure that's what happened locally or somebody grabbed them all thinking they could resell them on ebay. Monday evening there must have been 50 various copies, Thursday evening there wasn't one. While I would expect them to have very little left in three days having nothing suggests somebody made a pig of themselves. Won't they be surprised to find most of these titles sell for little more than what DT was asking on Amazon N&U and Ebay - when those sellers can move them. And that those bulky "set" looking boxes often only have just one dvd in them.
Old 06-18-12, 12:02 AM
Cool New Member

Update: from a totally unscientific survey of one Dollar Tree, it is my considered opinion that the Thirtysomething 10 episode set has joined the hallowed ranks of Twin Peaks Season 2 and Joey Season 1 as the box set that will not go away. My Dollar Tree got all the various sets mentioned a few weeks ago but, of those, only Thirtysomething remains; there were four or five copies left among the cheapo cartoon single disks now occupying the DVD rack. I guess middle aged yuppie angst doesn't sell like it used to

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.