DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   TV DVD Titles $9.99 @ gohastings.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/576217-tv-dvd-titles-%249-99-%40-gohastings-com.html)

ratnamedted 07-08-10 08:56 AM

TV DVD Titles $9.99 @ gohastings.com

This seems to be overlooked in the pushing daisies/terminator SCC/planet earth blu ray craze going on there as well, but they have many regular dvd titles on sale for $9.99 as well. Includes Torchwood Series 1 & 2, BBC Planet Earth dvd, BBC Robin Hood series 2, BBC The Office 1,2 & special, The OC, West Wing and more.

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MOV...Name/MOVIE.uts

starman9000 07-08-10 09:51 AM

Re: TV DVD Titles $9.99 @ gohastings.com

Thanks Torchwood 1 is OOS, but I grabbed 2.

Mazje 07-08-10 10:53 AM

Are these used or new?

akiramole 07-08-10 11:02 AM

They are new. I love GoHastings!

Aoskar 07-08-10 11:48 AM

Everything i was remotely interested is oos

QuirkyMovieGirl 07-08-10 12:14 PM

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Everything I'd have wanted is also showing as OOS.

SterlingBen 07-08-10 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aoskar (Post 10254146)
Everything i was remotely interested is oos

Thats b/c the SD crowd hit this sale hard last night.

Kedrix 07-08-10 12:43 PM

*sigh* Robin Hood Season 2 OOS...I swear I'm never going to get 1 or 2 at a decent price. I was just fortunate enough to be able to review Season 3 for the site I write on. Oh well.

starman9000 07-09-10 07:50 AM

If it makes you guys feel better, I ordered 2 things and they both just were canceled.

Manzana 07-09-10 08:47 AM

All my items from Gohastings.com were canceled too. This was the first and probably the last time I use them because they now go on my "waste of time" list which means whenever I see anything from them that looks like a deal I have to remind myself there's a 99% chance of cancellation and not to waste more than a few minutes if I foolishly decide to risk an order with them.

So if a price looks too good at Gohastings, your order will probably be canceled.

Kedrix 07-09-10 09:12 AM

gohastings.com like their store is very hit and miss. Sometimes you can get the most awesome deal in the world from there or one of their stores. Sometimes, like some of you ran into they will cancel an order or actually deny a sale in store on some really f'ed up technicality. It's really confusing, but I've had more good times than bad times, so I guess that's why I keep coming back. Sorry they cancelled your orders guys. You have my sympathies.

Chris-K 07-09-10 12:03 PM

Wish I could actually get into their site. I'd never even heard of them before reading the post about the Blu-ray sales here. Would love to grab some BBC Blu-rays for $9.99 if possible.

izatright 07-09-10 03:50 PM

They canceled a bunch of mine too, but I managed to get:

Torchwood Season 1 and 2
and
Red Dwarf season 2

izatright 07-09-10 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10256148)
So if a price looks too good at Gohastings, your order will probably be canceled.

Okay Mr. Bitter. As it was said in the blu ray thread, this was a pricing error that they decided to honor. I had a ton of my stuff canceled, but the fact that they gave me three items for the mispriced sale price is actually pretty nice.

ratnamedted 07-09-10 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by izatright (Post 10257052)
They canceled a bunch of mine too, but I managed to get:

Torchwood Season 1 and 2
and
Red Dwarf season 2

At least you got the Torchwood sets. Both of mine were canceled. I did manage to get the Pushing Daisies Season 2 blu-ray and the Planet Earth dvds though.

Manzana 07-09-10 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by izatright (Post 10257262)
Okay Mr. Bitter. As it was said in the blu ray thread, <B>this was a pricing error that they decided to honor</B>. I had a ton of my stuff canceled, but the fact that they gave me three items for the mispriced sale price is actually pretty nice.

Except that they decided not to honor the pricing error for me (and apparently most other people as well though a few got their orders shipped), so it appears random. Or perhaps you're not talking about the recent $9.99 BD sets but another set of misprices that they did honor? If so, it sounds like they do lots of misprices and lots of cancellations while letting certain random ones go through. -- Mr. Bitter

izatright 07-09-10 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10257377)
Except that they decided not to honor the pricing error for me (and apparently most other people as well though a few got their orders shipped), so it appears random.

Yeah, I will agree with that. It sucks that we missed out, but I don't think you should hate on Gohastings. It was a pricing error and that entails a crap load of money. They're not Amazon.com online giant!