Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD/MISTAKE) Some INSANE deals from Amazon 3rd party seller. Criterions included

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD/MISTAKE) Some INSANE deals from Amazon 3rd party seller. Criterions included

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: (DEAD/MISTAKE?) Some INSANE deals from Amazon 3rd party seller. Criterions includ

It just sucks in retrospect that I didn't buy the DVD's from different sellers who also dropped their prices because they wanted to match the lowest price. Oh well, I probably won't give negative feedback.. I just want to understand why this happens.. I'm sure they have a huge mess to deal with and plenty of unhappy people.
Old 05-18-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: (DEAD/MISTAKE?) Some INSANE deals from Amazon 3rd party seller. Criterions includ

Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler
It just sucks in retrospect that I didn't buy the DVD's from different sellers who also dropped their prices because they wanted to match the lowest price. Oh well, I probably won't give negative feedback.. I just want to understand why this happens.. I'm sure they have a huge mess to deal with and plenty of unhappy people.
I didn't think of that! That would have been a smart plan. Granted, most of them will likely be canceling orders as well. Most of those price changes are automated (as far as matching other sellers)
Old 05-18-10, 02:49 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I just had two of my four orders canceled. Bummer.
Old 05-18-10, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Canceled. Not unexpected, but still a little bummer.
Old 05-18-10, 02:59 PM

Does anyone know how I leave feedback? I can't find a link or otherwise in my account from which to launch the feedback. I hope Amazon is not gaming the feedback system.

And by the way, feedback is meant as comment on the transaction. Mistakes or otherwise happen, understood, but how the company handles that is what has to go into the feedback comment. To the "understanding" souls out there, that is not how the market works -- poorly run companies deserve to go away to be replaced by better ones.

Off to call and vent, B
Old 05-18-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Baytroll
Does anyone know how I leave feedback? I can't find a link or otherwise in my account from which to launch the feedback. I hope Amazon is not gaming the feedback system.

And by the way, feedback is meant as comment on the transaction. Mistakes or otherwise happen, understood, but how the company handles that is what has to go into the feedback comment. To the "understanding" souls out there, that is not how the market works -- poorly run companies deserve to go away to be replaced by better ones.

Off to call and vent, B

Looks like Amazon wiped away all records of the order from my account, so if they did the same to your account, you won't be able to leave feedback.
Old 05-18-10, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone honestly expect any of these orders to ship?
Old 05-18-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Looks like Amazon wiped away all records of the order from my account, so if they did the same to your account, you won't be able to leave feedback.
Same here. All orders were cancelled with nothing left in my account to show they were ever placed. I even tried clicking through the emails.
Old 05-18-10, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Did anyone honestly expect any of these orders to ship?
Of course not... but it's always fun to try.
Old 05-18-10, 04:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow. i sure am glad i didn't catch this in time. that would've been an hour or more wasted in searching all the possibilities!
Old 05-18-10, 04:37 PM

Argh! This explains my cancelled Six Feet Under I guess. I had no idea this was going on. I just found that one great price last night and ordered it.
Old 05-18-10, 04:50 PM

Not surprisingly, I have received five emails canceling the five orders I placed with Supermart. They all say that my credit card was not charged (but it pays to be vigilant and watch your account to make certain no charge goes through). I believe that, since my credit card was not charged, the transactions were incomplete, so there is nothing to leave feedback on. Hence the deletion of the canceled orders.

I guess my main bitch is that I lost a couple hours of sleep over this - searching and ordering all those DVDs. I'm not really angry, though, because I felt so rushed to get my orders in. Ordinarily I like to take my time to consider how much I really want something - but the prices on those Criterion sets was so ridiculously low I couldn't resist. I figured I could always hold on to some of them to give for Christmas gifts.

The old saying is true - if it looks like it's too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

But I would really like to know how this happened.
Old 05-18-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Just got my cancellation notices. Ah well.
Old 05-18-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everything was canceled...
Old 05-18-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greylocke5
Not surprisingly, I have received five emails canceling the five orders I placed with Supermart. They all say that my credit card was not charged (but it pays to be vigilant and watch your account to make certain no charge goes through). I believe that, since my credit card was not charged, the transactions were incomplete, so there is nothing to leave feedback on. Hence the deletion of the canceled orders.

I guess my main bitch is that I lost a couple hours of sleep over this - searching and ordering all those DVDs. I'm not really angry, though, because I felt so rushed to get my orders in. Ordinarily I like to take my time to consider how much I really want something - but the prices on those Criterion sets was so ridiculously low I couldn't resist. I figured I could always hold on to some of them to give for Christmas gifts.

The old saying is true - if it looks like it's too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

But I would really like to know how this happened.
Yeah... I lost a lot of sleep over this too, unfortunately.
Old 05-19-10, 02:19 AM

Booo... I ordered something not even realizing is was the same person this thread was talking about. The critic for about 9 bucks but I just got a email canceling it. What a shame
Old 05-19-10, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's almost as if the seller wanted to commit retailer seppuku, because that's a lot of pricing errors.
Old 05-19-10, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster

It's almost as if the seller wanted to commit retailer seppuku, because that's a lot of pricing errors.
Missed the "deal" because I was asleep

From what I understand there are alot of big stores that load and update their stock through software. I was wondering if we saw their wholesale prices on this stuff.
Old 05-19-10, 09:02 AM

cancelled.
Old 05-19-10, 09:34 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Missed the "deal" because I was asleep

From what I understand there are alot of big stores that load and update their stock through software. I was wondering if we saw their wholesale prices on this stuff.
Same here, and good theory.
Old 05-19-10, 10:48 AM
Cool New Member

But would an item retailing for over $100 actually have a $5 wholesale price (say like the Billy Wilder set)?
Old 05-19-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by franks
But would an item retailing for over $100 actually have a $5 wholesale price (say like the Billy Wilder set)?
Only if it's an overstock/deletion (i.e. Big Lots type product) or a counterfeit.
Old 05-19-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler
I bought from a different seller and got a shipping confirmation.
Old 05-19-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
I bought from a different seller and got a shipping confirmation.
What did you get and for how much?
Old 05-19-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
What did you get and for how much?
The Val Lewton set for $12 and change and the Wizard of Oz CE for around $17.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.