DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Weekly DVD/BD Exclusive Listings, 05/02/10 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Weekly DVD/BD Exclusive Listings, 05/02/10 and beyond

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm here, just unsure of how here.

Went overboard on DVD watching and DVDTalk addiction for most of this year, so took September off from both pretty much. Think I'm forever done with the weekly comparison threads, hopefully someone else will pick them up. Never planned on stopping my posting in this thread, it just sort of happened. I've toned way down on my collecting of exclusives, so my heart isn't really in the hunt anymore. If no one else posted the finds I'd contribute more, but I think you all are doing great without me! Perhaps one of you could take over the weekly post duties?
Have you seen the UK Back to the Future Set?
Old 10-05-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Missed you Trevor! Place hasn't been the same without you around. :/
Old 10-23-10, 05:44 PM

It seems like nobody cares about exclusives anymore. But just in case, has anyone heard about any U.S. exclusives for Alien Anthology, Back to the Future or Clone Wars Season 2?
Old 10-23-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RD1973
It seems like nobody cares about exclusives anymore.
I still care, but they don't all get as heavily advertised anymore....I would not have even known about the Modern Family: Season 1 bonus disc at BB last month if I didn't just happen to see the sticker on the package....there have also been a couple exclusive bonus discs at Target that were not shown in their ads as well....
Old 10-23-10, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I still care, but they don't all get as heavily advertised anymore....I would not have even known about the Modern Family: Season 1 bonus disc at BB last month if I didn't just happen to see the sticker on the package....there have also been a couple exclusive bonus discs at Target that were not shown in their ads as well....
I rarely ever saw them advertised. If I didn't see someone mention them here, I'd have no clue they even existed.
Old 10-24-10, 02:36 AM

Ok here is some stuff for you guys:

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2 Discs)(Collector's Edition DVD) - Only at Target

Eat Pray Love (DVD)(Soundtrack) - Only at Target

Despicable Me 2pk (Best Buy Exclusive Movie Mode Version)

Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Best Buy Exclusive)

V: Complete First Season (Best Buy Exclusive)

Shrek Forever After / Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular (2-Pack) (with Shrek Ears) (Walmart Exclusive)

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse / Destination Forks: The Real World Of Twilight (2-Pack) (Walmart Exclusive)

The Last Airbender / Avatar Animated Double DVD Pack (Walmart Exclusive)

Out now:
Legendary (Walmart Exclusive DVD)

Old 10-24-10, 04:06 AM
Cool New Member

DVD only or BD also?
Old 10-24-10, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know not many people will be interested, but Target will have Sex And The City 2 (Deluxe Edition) which has 50 minutes of bonus content, including exclusive featurette and packaging.
Old 10-25-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Last Airbender (3-D) (Best Buy Exclusive) (Blu-ray) (2010)

Price: $34.99
Date: 11/16/10

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Last+Air...&skuId=1446086
Old 10-26-10, 05:21 PM

I went by Best Buy, Walmart and Target today looking for any exclusives for Clone Wars S2, Alien, and BTTF. I didn't find any, but I did notice a sticker on Iron Man 2 at Walmart. There is a featurette on the Suitcase Suit at Walmart.com/IM2. I checked it out and its about 5 minutes long. Not sure if its on the Bluray or not.
Old 10-29-10, 07:30 PM
Cool New Member

Will there be any Toy Story 3 exclusives?
Old 10-29-10, 09:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Target will have a Buzz Lightyear disc case/figure. It lights up and talks.
Old 11-02-10, 10:53 AM

I got the Toy Story 3 Target exclusive with the figure.

In case anyone wants to know, he stands about 8 inches. All he says is "To infinity and beyond".

All 4 discs are held in the backpack and are stacked one atop each other. Blu-Ray first, Blu-Ray bonus features, DVD and then the Digital Copy disc on the bottom.

The box is plastic and is just barely taller than a normal DVD case.
Old 11-05-10, 11:07 AM

Delurking for a moment, despite still being overwhelmed with real world obligations... *sigh*

Does anyone know the deal with the current Toy Story 3 3-disc DVD at Wal-Mart? That place has a history of using the term "exclusive" in a VERY loose fashion, so it's not always easy to tell if what they are offering is truly exclusive to them, or if it is merely a "unique configuration" of content available elsewhere.

In the case of Toy Story 3, there is no deluxe DVD option -- merely the single disc offering -- with the lion's share of the bonus content reserved for the Blu-ray versions (either 2-disc or 4-disc, complete with DVD and digital copies). The so-called exclusive Wal-Mart 3-disc DVD adds the digital copy disc, along with a third disc of 7 Pixar shorts. Does anyone know if these shorts are included in the Blu-Ray edition? If so, I can safely pass on this exclusive. Even if they're not, since they don't seem to be Toy Story shorts, I could probably pass anyway. If anyone has the skinny on this, please chime in!

Also, I don't think it's been reported yet but FYE is offering a free tote bag with this release. And Blockbuster is offering some sort of Toy Story 3 gift card in a "collectable sleeve," whatever that means. Meanwhile, Best Buy has an exclusive bundle of the movie with some plush toys. I'm sorry for not having more details on these, my life for the past 6-8 months has not allowed for the luxury of exclusives hunting I once did.

Having said that, I do check in here occasionally and it looks like people are finding more or less the same stuff I am and I don't recall seeing anything that hasn't been posted. Personally, I do think we're probably still missing stuff simply because all of the old regulars are likely suffering from "exclusives fatigue" at this point. It's just become something of a thankless task in recent years and at a certain point, it's difficult to find the energy and enthusiasm to continue.

I hate to say it, but as goes the mighty Trevor, so goes this thread...

Last edited by Ajay C; 11-05-10 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-05-10, 07:52 PM

I can't speak for Blu, not a collector.

But I will address the DVD should people be curious.

The bonus disc from Wal-Mart contains seven shorts (above screen snap); "Knick Knack", "For The Birds", "Mike's New Car", "Jack-Jack Attack", "One Man Band", "Lifted" and Tokyo Mater". The latter would be new, sort of... it's actually part of a bigger collection of shorts included in the seperate release, "Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales". I need to get that.

Never used the digital copy on any of my DVDs, so I don't know if that 'feature' is worth your greenbacks. The wraparound if different from the regular release. It's Buzz and Woody on a black background with "Toy Story 3" in between them.

I bought this set, since it offers the shorts, I don't have... yet - "Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1". So this fills in the gap in my collection. I suppose if you don't have this, then yes, pick up the Wal-Mart exclusive. But if you do, you may want to pass.

It's sucks that DVD is getting shafted on bonuses. What bugs me is that extras on the DVD feels geared toward kids, while Blu-Ray gets the material for adults - technical making. It's very condescending, what's next? Everytime you buy a Pixar DVD, the sales clerk gives you a pat on the head.

Wait. I have more item of complaint - the case. It's crappy. The disc holder is a popper. You push in the center of two nubs to release and push the disc in to pop them back into place. The more you take out and re-insert the disc(s), the more you weaken the holder. It's a recipe for disaster. If you have kids and they watch this enough, the case won't be able to hold the disc(s), floater(s). I own some three disc cases, they have normal holders. I wish I had a spare and replace this container.
Old 11-06-10, 01:15 PM

Anyone heard of anything for Scott Pilgrim on Tuesday?
Old 11-09-10, 09:08 PM

Looked at my email, a notice/ad.

FYE will have an exclusive for "Inception", a steelbook case; streets December 7th, 2010.
Old 11-11-10, 10:48 AM

No exclusives in this report; rather a suspicous LACK of exclusives for a particular title.

It used to be that the DC direct-to-video animated movies regularly came with a plethora of exclusives (in no less than 3 formats). Target would usually receive either a bonus disc (or bonus content) of extra episodes of a related DC animated series, included with the 2-disc DVD and Bu-ray editions. Best Buy had carved out a niche for itself by including a free mini-figure of the central superhero character, also with the 2-disc DVD and Bu-ray editions. FYE/Coconuts usually offered a poster. Wal-Mart used to get an exclusive lenticular slipcover with the single-disc DVD editions, although they haven't done that for the past few releases. Blockbuster once had something with the Batman: Gotham Knight release, though I forget what it was at the moment. Even Circuit City and Borders would occasionally get in on the action, with an exclusive iron-on patch with Justice League: New Frontier and a bonus booklet with Wonder Woman (respectively).

Well, it looks like everything has changed with the latest release, the Superman/Shazam movie. I've been to no less than 3 each of Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy since Tuesday and it looks like they are no longer offering the 2-disc DVD at all. Not a surprising development, given the way the industry is trending (though it does screw up the consistency and uniformity of my all-2-disc-DVD-version collection of these titles). Target is only offering the same single-disc DVD and Blu-ray options available elsewhere, the Blu-ray version coming with a slipcover. No bonus episodes this time around. The same goes for Wal-Mart (single-disc DVD and Blu-ray with a slipcover). Best Buy seems the most affected by this change, since they regularly offered 5 different versions -- single-disc DVD, 2-disc DVD, 2-disc DVD with figure, Blu-ray and Blu-ray with figure. As of this release, they are down to the basic 2 versions cited above, with nothing exclusive to speak of. Oddly, NONE of the Blu-ray copies I came across at 4 Best Buy locations came with the slipcover! I asked and all the reps said that it did not even ship with one. I'm inclined to believe them since Best Buy is not known for throwing away their slipcovers (unlike the area Wal-Mart locations, who seem to do so by default). If anybody has observed otherwise, please let me know. The only major retailer I know of to not offer slipcovers is Barnes & Noble, who never, ever has them for anything. Even major Hollywood new releases on release date. Very odd.

Anyway, that's my find (or lack thereof) for the week, folks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been collecting/following these cool DC animated movies since they first started a few years ago. I just figured I'd post what I'd observed and see if anybody has anything else to add. I am curious to see if FYE has a poster this time around, though the one location still open near me said that there was nothing for this title. Though I will be smarting for some time while I figure out how to justify this new mismatch of DVD/Blu-ray in my collection, it will be a relief if this new trend toward no exclusives continues as this series goes forward.

Damn... my life is so stupid...

Last edited by Ajay C; 11-11-10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 12:52 PM

Okay, I am officially ashamed of everyone who posts on this thread (myself included).

Either no exclusives have come out for 3 weeks, or we have all been beaten to death by the stress of keeping up with them all.

Hmmm... maybe I'm not ashamed after all. Perhaps it's just a sense of resignation. So many conflicting emotions. Anyway...

Does anyone have news on exclusives for Twilight: Eclipse tomorrow? Target would seem to have their usual dealy. I don't know what it is but I believe it to be bonus content. Borders usually has a special deluxe version in a bigger box, Wal-Mart usually has a lenticular slipcover, etc.

Alrighty, just doing my best to keep this thread alive after so many years of faithful service.
Old 11-29-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Target has collector cards with your favorite scenes and exclusive packaging. It's coming out on Saturday December 4th, not Tuesday...

Best Buy has a steelbook packaging for both DVD and Blu-ray versions, not sure if it is a DVD case for the Blu-ray version, but the pictures look like it. Anyone else know?
Old 11-29-10, 01:55 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I appreciate your posts Ajay, and am also a little surprised and saddened that the thread is dying.

I'm not at all "mighty", just put in a few hours a week to maintain a couple threads here for a few years. But mainly due to my running out of space, I just haven't been buying very many exclusives this last year or two. It was still fun to do the threads even though they really weren't what I was buying, for awhile. But eventually I felt I had to make some changes in my collecting habits and time management, and the threads had to go. I seriously expected someone else to step up and take over by now. I know we all have obligations, and that the information is perhaps collected better at other forums, but it would have been nice to see this long standing DVDTalk exclusives community/listing continue.
Old 11-29-10, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by snausages
Target has collector cards with your favorite scenes
They make cards of end credits? Interesting.
Old 11-29-10, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
Okay, I am officially ashamed of everyone who posts on this thread (myself included).

Either no exclusives have come out for 3 weeks, or we have all been beaten to death by the stress of keeping up with them all.

Hmmm... maybe I'm not ashamed after all. Perhaps it's just a sense of resignation. So many conflicting emotions. Anyway...

Alrighty, just doing my best to keep this thread alive after so many years of faithful service.
I'm inclined to side with the fact that there have been no exclusives lately. I know I haven't bought a retail exclusive since TS3. In fact, the whole year there have only been a few steelbooks as exclusives. Very few bonus disks and things of that ilk (at least that I have seen).

I always enjoy this thread, but there just hasn't been much to speak of lately.
Old 11-30-10, 12:57 AM

The last three exclusives I bought was for "V: The Complete First Season" - steelbook case, "Toy Story 3" bonus disc and "Robin Hood" bonus disc.

Correction. I did pick up one of these exclusive plush minons; preorder for "Despicable Me".

It's slow. True. But there have been exclusives out there, but most of it is crap. What was it? A plush dog for that baby dog Christmas flick a couple weeks ago. [looked it up; "The Search For Santa Paws"]

- - -

"Inception" will have two, but both are for Blu-Ray; Best Buy exclusives packaging and what appears to be a mini copy of the screenplay and FYE will have a steelbook case.

So there are stuff on the horizon, but not for me. My fingers are crossed for "Piranha 3D", bonus disc (DVD) would be grand.

As for the above poster, the new "Twilight" movie does have another exclusive at Best Buy, but not free. A bracelet, discounted if you buy one of the non-traditional vamp movies.
Old 11-30-10, 01:03 AM

As of now, Best Buy has added Single-Disc exclusived for Inception Blu-ray. Another one is Alice In Wonderland 3D Combo Pack may be exclusived to Best Buy according to next week AD.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.