Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '10

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-10, 06:40 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '10

BestBuy.com
Old 05-09-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - May '10

Originally Posted by WTK

FWIW, I just got back from BJ's Wholesale Club and they had this for $9.99. They also had Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu-ray for the same $9.99.
Old 05-09-10, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be a trend with Anchor Bay Distributed DVD's and Blu's lately, they are being heavily discounted (best buy, wholesalers). Might be pointing to some big dump in the near future-

Best buy has the Animated Hellboy Double Feature Blu for $6.99-

B
Old 05-09-10, 08:50 PM

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (blu-ray) (NEW) - $7.99 + $2.28 shipping at gohastings.com

Last edited by toldawg128; 05-13-10 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-12-10, 11:06 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

My copy of Appleseed Blu-Ray just shipped from DeepDiscount for $13.60, so apparently it's not a misprice.
Old 05-13-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric F
My copy of Appleseed Blu-Ray just shipped from DeepDiscount for $13.60, so apparently it's not a misprice.
It's definitely a misprice(the list price should be $39.95, not $19.95). Fortunately, DD has yet to catch it. My copy shipped out as well.
Old 05-13-10, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It's definitely a misprice(the list price should be $39.95, not $19.95). Fortunately, DD has yet to catch it. My copy shipped out as well.
Well, you'd think with the number of people ordering it they would have noticed it by now. Either way it's not worth the Amazon price to me, but at $13.60 it's about worth that much (especially on a BD25 without lossless).
Old 05-13-10, 07:01 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update...
Old 05-13-10, 10:54 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's New Deals of the Day!

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays unless stated otherwise)

Last edited by WTK; 05-14-10 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 09:39 AM
WTK

TRSI Very Minor Bargain Bin Update...
Old 05-14-10, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you'd think with the number of people ordering it they would have noticed it by now. Either way it's not worth the Amazon price to me, but at $13.60 it's about worth that much (especially on a BD25 without lossless).
That's affirmative.

I ordered yesterday (thanks for the tip btw) and it still hasn't shipped yet. The price is back up to $28.71 so it will be interesting to see how they bill for this. Oh well, gave it shot.
Old 05-14-10, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by visitor Q
That's affirmative.

I ordered yesterday (thanks for the tip btw) and it still hasn't shipped yet. The price is back up to $28.71 so it will be interesting to see how they bill for this. Oh well, gave it shot.
The price is still $13.60..... Ex Machina is $28.71
http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cf...-7438740BEB9F/
Old 05-17-10, 10:18 AM
WTK

Delivering Deals on All Books & More from Dark Horse @ RightStuf.com

You can count on Right Stuf to deliver deals on manga, books and more from Dark Horse – including a roster of cult hits and fan favorites like Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Berserk, Gantz, Oh My Goddess, Bride of the Water God, Vampire Hunter D, CLAMP’s Cardcaptor Sakura and much more!

From now through May 20, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles and merchandise from Dark Horse! (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: kurosagi
Expires: May 20, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on books from Dark Horse. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)
* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Delivering Deals” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Dark Horse items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service © Eiji Otsuka & Housui Yamazaki
Old 05-18-10, 12:33 PM
WTK

Walmart.com
Old 05-18-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw that a few 3rd party sellers on Amazon.com had Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Complete Series) for $20 or less. And, they say "Fulfilled by Amazon" - so they're eligible for FSSS.

Tried direct link to "NEW" section, but couldn't make it work with DVDTalk referral.

Last edited by thejester; 05-18-10 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-18-10, 11:43 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by thejester
Saw that a few 3rd party sellers on Amazon.com had Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (Complete Series) for $20 or less. And, they say "Fulfilled by Amazon" - so they're eligible for FSSS.

Tried direct link to "NEW" section, but couldn't make it work with DVDTalk referral.
This will part of the repriced S.A.V.E. Edition releases. By reprice I mean there won't be a new packaging. The new MSRP is set to be $29.98. The technical effective date is 7/20/10 though the actual repricing will occur much earlier than that.
Old 05-19-10, 06:37 PM

DD - Anime - Up To 50% Off Sale:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/Movie-De...-Stock-Up-Sale

James
Old 05-19-10, 06:39 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow
DD - Anime - Up To 50% Off Sale:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/Movie-De...-Stock-Up-Sale

James
Interesting. Time to take a closer look to this.
Old 05-19-10, 07:14 PM
WTK

DD finally fixed the pricing errors with the five Sentai Filmworks releases. DVD Planet still has it mispriced though (at least for now).
Old 05-19-10, 10:31 PM
WTK

Robert's Anime Corner Store 2010 SPRING SALES EVENT - SAVE UP TO 10%!! (EXTENDED!)

It's that time of year, and we've decided to extend our Annual Spring sales event a little longer! You now have until midnight (EST) on Tuesday, June 1st to save up to an additional 10% off any combination of items listed on the store - including in stock and pre-order items!

To save 5% off any order (no minimum) just use the following coupon during checkout:

SPRINGSALE2010-SAVE5

To save 10% off any order totaling over $200 just use the following coupon during checkout:

SPRINGSALE2010-SAVE10

Be sure to take advantage of this great opportunity to load up on some of the Anime stuff you've been wanting! US customers can combine this offer with our super saver shipping option to save even more scratch on your favorite in stock Anime series, Manga, Figure, or Character Items!

Note: Valid for new orders only. Coupon codes expire at midnight EST on June 1st so get your orders in today!
Old 05-19-10, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WTK
DD finally fixed the pricing errors with the five Sentai Filmworks releases. DVD Planet still has it mispriced though (at least for now).
I didn't notice any problems with their other Blu-Ray title (Legends of the Dark King) which was always priced around the same as Amazon. Either way this Appleseed deal was fair enough.
Old 05-20-10, 07:37 AM

My local Costco had what looked to be all the Dragon Ball seasons for $19.99. The remastered ones. I didn't see "dragon box" on any of them. So I'm guessing they are not the brand new releases, but I'm not sure what the new packaging looks like. [shrug]
Old 05-20-10, 09:35 AM
WTK

Discover the Alchemy of Savings on DVDs, Blu-ray & More From FUNimation! @ RightStuf.com

Discover the alchemy of savings DVDs, Blu-ray and more from FUNimation – from highly anticipated new releases, including Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Slayers Evolution-R (Season 5) and My Bride Is a Mermaid, to favorites like Romeo X Juliet, Soul Eater, One Piece and Initial D, and much more!

From now through June 3, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs, Blu-ray and merchandise from FUNimation. (This includes items that are pre-order, in stock, on order and special order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: alchemist
Expires: June 3, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs, Blu-ray and other merchandise from FUNimation. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Alchemy of Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the FUNimation items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD © HIROMU ARAKAWA/SQUARE ENIX, MBS, ANX, BONES, dentsu 2004.
Old 05-20-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My local FYE has the Evangelion 1.11 Blu-ray on sale for $14.99. With BSP discount and the current coupon--the final cost should be $11.99 plus tax. If you wait for the next $3 off coupon, then it would only be $10.49 plus tax.
Old 05-20-10, 01:11 PM
WTK

AnimeNation.com is having a pre-owned sale, where all prices have been slashed by 50%.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.