DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Blockbuster Video PV-DVD Sale (B&M) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/571953-blockbuster-video-pv-dvd-sale-b-m.html)

DVD-Obsession 04-06-10 06:21 PM

Blockbuster Video PV-DVD Sale (B&M)

Blockbuster started another sale today on their PV DVD's. 3 for $20 ($14.95 or less) or 5 for $20 ($9.95 or less). If you can find a store that's still open. The sale will last for @ 3 weeks.

seriousmill 04-06-10 06:34 PM

Re: Blockbuster Video PV-DVD Sale

cool ill check it out thanks

mike07 04-06-10 10:41 PM

I think there's still one open about an hour away, I'll be sure to check it out when I'm out that way later this week. Thanks! $6.66 for a used new release isn't much of a deal, but the 5 of $20 can be rewarding as you never know what might be buried in that section. :)

movieman35 04-07-10 01:13 AM

My store is just dumb then. Mine is 3 for 25 and 5 for 25 but you get 2 20 oz sodas, 2 theater box candies, and a single bag of popcorn.

I'm sorry but I don't want to spend a extra 5 bucks on things I have no interest in.

I think they are trying to compete with the Family Video that opened up just across to way.

Oh well, they will probably close by the end of the year anyway cause they can't compete.

seriousmill 04-07-10 01:18 AM

for 6.66 each used i picked up sorrority row, the stepfather and time travelers wife not bad IMO

dkedvd 04-07-10 11:24 AM

If you live near King Of Prussia, PA the store there is finally closing for real this time and all their PV DVDs are all 70% off, PV Blu-rays 15% off, and new/sealed movies 10% off! Great deal to be had! Here was my hull (all PVed DVDs)...
- Taking Woodstock ($3.90)
- Sorority Row ($3.90)
- Couples Retreat ($3.90)
- The Box ($3.90)
- The Informant ($3.90)
- Year One ($3.90)
- Paranormal Activity ($3.90)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra ($3.90)
- Observe And Report ($3.90)
- The Final Destination ($3.90)
- Bring It On: Fight To The Finish ($4.00)
- Guns Of The Magnificent Seven ($3.99)
- Big Stan ($2.60)
- The Vampire's Assistant ($0.94)
All look brand new. Not a single scratch or smudge on any of them!

FM 04-07-10 01:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I got Hurt Locker, A Serious Man, and Cloudy with a Chance, blah, blah for $20.

pcdoctor 04-08-10 07:05 AM

Just tell them you don't want any sodas, candy or popcorn and to give your the DVDs at their normal prices. You could also call their corporate office.

Originally Posted by movieman35 (Post 10092386)
My store is just dumb then. Mine is 3 for 25 and 5 for 25 but you get 2 20 oz sodas, 2 theater box candies, and a single bag of popcorn.

I'm sorry but I don't want to spend a extra 5 bucks on things I have no interest in.

I think they are trying to compete with the Family Video that opened up just across to way.

Oh well, they will probably close by the end of the year anyway cause they can't compete.

FilmJunkie29 04-18-10 03:01 AM

Re: Blockbuster Video PV-DVD Sale (B&M)

My local Blockbuster has been unloading a lot of older titles that apparently never rent, so I've been able to pick up some great deals. Snagged "Cool World" and "Roxanne" WS/FS for $3.99, which are OOP. The manager is really nice and will sell new releases that are currently not on the "For Sale" rack if they have multiple copies, he said they need all the space they can get (maybe something to ask about if you're ever purchasing PVDs at Blockbuster). I was able to get "The Last Temptation of Christ" Criterion, "Black Dynamite" and "Summer Hours" for 3 for $20.

DVD-Obsessed 04-21-10 06:09 PM

The sale ends at midnight Monday, April 26.

DVD-Obsession 04-27-10 08:19 PM

The DVD sale has been extended, but the Manager wasn't notified when it will end.

jwstl 04-27-10 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by FilmJunkie29 (Post 10111437)
My local Blockbuster has been unloading a lot of older titles that apparently never rent, so I've been able to pick up some great deals. Snagged "Cool World" and "Roxanne" WS/FS for $3.99, which are OOP.

I found a few OOP, documentaries, classics, and foreign films priced at 3.99.
A few of the titles I purchased:

Tibet: Cry of the Snow Lion
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
A Snake of June
Belle du Jour
The Emperor and the Assassin
Sahara (Humphrey Bogart)