Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Old 10-08-10, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Mean Streets
Old 10-08-10, 03:50 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts

The Grudge 2: Unrated Director's Cut $3 ($2.40 using 20% off coupon)
It's Alive 2: It Lives Again / It's Alive 3: Island Of The Alive - Horror Double Feature. $6 ($4.80 using 20% off coupon). -kd5-
Old 10-08-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch079
I bought that MIB2 over the weekend. Digital copy expired in 2009.

On that list, I hope Gremlins, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind are WS and can find them.
The copy of "Close Encounters" I picked up *months* ago is the SE WS version. I would expect this time around it'd be the same.
Old 10-08-10, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Picked up a batch today for the Horror Movie Challenge
$2.40 each after coupon

Botched
Horror Double Feature (The Curse of Frankenstein / Taste The Blood Of Dracula)
The Eye 3
Stir Of Echoes 2: The Homecoming
Chupacabra Terror
Wishmaster: The Prophecy Fufilled
Trackman Unratesd

Non-Horror:
Dummy
The Cooler

Last edited by SterlingBen; 10-08-10 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-08-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
Let us know what you think... DVDtalk review gives it a "highly recommended."
I picked it up tonight. Probably get to it this weekend.
Old 10-08-10, 09:28 PM

I dont think I have seen it mentioned before, but I found the double feature of Draculas Daughter and Son of Dracula for $3
Old 10-08-10, 10:08 PM
ADP

Local BL in here eastern NC/SC got in a shipment of Warner Bros Classics 2 packs for $6. Lot of John Wayne flicks, few Burt Lancasters.

Picked up:

Reunion in France/Tycoon
South Sea Woman

* Lot more to choose from but I already owned most of them. Word from the manager is that another big shipment is expected in or around Thanksgiving. Looking back at last years posts, this lines up with what happened then. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a good Black Friday sale this year.
Old 10-08-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

I've only hit one BL this week due to dreadful personal finances. Pearl, Tacoma Wa got a small display the $3 horror batch. Was picked over with nothing worth mentioning imo.

Between my finances & the various local BL's current selection it looks like I'm getting shut out on both the $2.50 sale & the 20% off sale (sigh).
Old 10-09-10, 12:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
The copy of "Close Encounters" I picked up *months* ago is the SE WS version. I would expect this time around it'd be the same.
I bought a single disc version of Close Encounters at Big Lots in the summer of 2009. Although not identified on the package, it was the so-called Director's Cut, which has footage from the 1980 Special Edition release, but omits the "city of light" scene, showing us the interior of the mothership.
Old 10-09-10, 08:24 PM

Visited Woodbridge, VA Big Lots today to use my 20% off coupon. I hadn't been there to shop for DVDs in well over a month.

I saw many of the same things already noted on this thread.

I picked up:

@$3.00:
Dummy
Hook
The Final Cut

@$6.00:
The Secret / The Walker (packaged together)

The overall selection at Woodbridge was just OK; the Herndon store usually has the best selection in the DC area but it's a haul for me to get there and, given what people have identified on this thread, i.e., mostly horror flicks and nothing that interesting to me - I didn't think it would be worth the time and expense to go out to Herndon to see what they have.
Old 10-09-10, 09:55 PM

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Went to two Big Lots in the Twin Cities with the 20% off coupon.

$3 apiece ($2.40 with the coupon):
Cannonball Run II
The Cooler
Big Fat Liar
Owning Mahony
The Man Who Wasn't There
The Woodsman
The Good German
and...
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - I looooove this movie and I've been waiting for such an excellent price point!

$5 apiece ($4 with the coupon):
Starship Troopers SE (I already have the first release and hope the new print / features are worth it)
Panic Room (Superbit)

$6 ($4.80 with the coupon):
Star Wars Battlefront / Star Wars Battlefront II software 2-pack

The summer I moved from Wyoming to Minnesota, I lived with my parents for the month of July with no job and just sort of hung out. My brother let me stay up all night on his computer playing those games a ton. Awesome price, glad to play them again, and excited to see how they do on my new computer as opposed to my brother's slooow computer.
Old 10-09-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to BL today and they got nice haul there and nice 2 dvd pack.

so got:

High Tension (Unrated) (2003) it a last copy.
Child's Play 2 (1990)

also saw and Im pass:

RV (Robin Williams)
Double Feature: Nothing But Trouble/Spies Like Us
Old 10-10-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Stopped by yesterday to use the coupon. Lots of dvds, but not too much I didn't already have. I was actually kind of glad because I have HUNDREDS of unwatched BigLots movies. The Halloween ones were pretty picked over, but I did blind buy that "Vinyan" DVD after reading the DVDTalk review mentioned in an earlier post. For $2.40 you can't go wrong. What can I say, I'm an addict.
Old 10-10-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quatermass
Stopped by yesterday to use the coupon. Lots of dvds, but not too much I didn't already have. I was actually kind of glad because I have HUNDREDS of unwatched BigLots movies. The Halloween ones were pretty picked over, but I did blind buy that "Vinyan" DVD after reading the DVDTalk review mentioned in an earlier post. For $2.40 you can't go wrong. What can I say, I'm an addict.
You're singing the DVD Talk Forum BL finds thread theme song...

I actually left the store a few days ago *without* a DVD which caused *3* employees to comment "No DVD today?!?!".
Old 10-10-10, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

I can relate. I actually steered clear of going anywhere near a Big Lots in the last few days. I don't usually go out of my way to visit their stores, but I'm compelled to check them out whenever I pass one up. With the 20% coupon tucked into my wallet, I knew my willpower would be put to the test so I just stayed indoors most of the week.
Old 10-10-10, 02:08 PM

Picked up some decent titles today...
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know...
Outpost
High Tension
People Under The Stairs/Shocker
Psycho II, III, IV
Pumpkinhead Ashes to Ashes
Old 10-10-10, 02:19 PM
Suspended

Went to 3 more store Saturday and still couldnt find the Its Alive. My wife picked up The Fog (remake)

austin
Old 10-10-10, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up the following last night with the coupon:
- Falling from Grace (1992)
- Monster High (1989)
- Little Nikita (1988)
- The Whole Nine Yards (2000) & The Whole Ten Yards (2003) - Double Feature

I had a 20% reward on my Buzz Club card so when the cashier (whom was new as I never seen her at this particular store) scanned the card, she automatically hit "use discount" even though I was already using the coupon... She never gave me a choice of whether I wanted to use the buzz club reward, and didn't think it would work with the coupon otherwise I would have got more. And before anyone asks, I did not get 40% off (2-20% discounts = 40% right?). I assume I can't do anything about this so...
Old 10-11-10, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by supermike07
- Monster High (1989)
- Little Nikita (1988)

I had a 20% reward on my Buzz Club card so when the cashier (whom was new as I never seen her at this particular store) scanned the card, she automatically hit "use discount" even though I was already using the coupon... She never gave me a choice of whether I wanted to use the buzz club reward, and didn't think it would work with the coupon otherwise I would have got more. And before anyone asks, I did not get 40% off (2-20% discounts = 40% right?). I assume I can't do anything about this so...
Don't get your hopes up.
Old 10-11-10, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I can relate. I actually steered clear of going anywhere near a Big Lots in the last few days. I don't usually go out of my way to visit their stores, but I'm compelled to check them out whenever I pass one up. With the 20% coupon tucked into my wallet, I knew my willpower would be put to the test so I just stayed indoors most of the week.
I went into the Kennett Square location with coupon in hand and left empty handed. I actually would have never left empty handed, but I have becoming much more picky recently. Partially for financial reasons and partially because I'm trying not to stockpile titles I buy mainly because they would be $2.40 I was on the hunt for the It's Alive 3pk, but besides that, I really didn't see anything I was dying for. I am also weighing my options now that Blu Ray is getting cheaper.
Old 10-11-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by supermike07
- Monster High (1989)
- Little Nikita (1988)

Look at your receipt. It shows what discount(s) were applied and in what amount(s). The checkers here told me that they accidentally did that and the screen returned a "black out" error message and the "reward" did not get added or used. If the $3 DVDs show to be $2.40 you should be OK (you can also check the status of the reward online). If it shows $1.92 then you were given both. If that happened I'd take it up with the CS desk and ask for a manager if they can't help. In your case I'd tell them I did not intend to use the discount but was not given a choice and ask how they can make it good. They have some 20% off coupons they can give out at their discretion to placate unhappy customers. I'd not mention the coupon directly but do it as "Is there some way I can get my discount on a future purchase".
Old 10-11-10, 04:52 PM

Bought

The cooler $3

Saw

Joe Schmo season 2
a bunch of ufc dvds
only you
the man who wasnt there
Old 10-11-10, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Look at your receipt. It shows what discount(s) were applied and in what amount(s). The checkers here told me that they accidentally did that and the screen returned a "black out" error message and the "reward" did not get added or used. If the $3 DVDs show to be $2.40 you should be OK (you can also check the status of the reward online). If it shows $1.92 then you were given both. If that happened I'd take it up with the CS desk and ask for a manager if they can't help. In your case I'd tell them I did not intend to use the discount but was not given a choice and ask how they can make it good. They have some 20% off coupons they can give out at their discretion to placate unhappy customers. I'd not mention the coupon directly but do it as "Is there some way I can get my discount on a future purchase".
Ah, I see - they took the additional 20% off of the price after the 20% coupon. I was expecting the coupon savings to be the same as the discount savings as they both are 20% off, for example: the coupon discount was $0.60 (20% off of $3) and the buzz club discount was $0.48 (20% off of $2.40.

I'm gonna mention it the next time I'm there but I'm not expecting them to be able to do anything about it. I'm just disappointed because if I knew they would apply both discounts, I would have picked up more at less than $2 each.

After looking at the receipt, I see they overcharged me on a few items (about $2.60 worth after coupon) - most likely because the items were the same color so the cashier only rang the higher priced item more than once assuming they were the same. One downside about being there at closing time, but I had other stuff to do before I was even near a Big Lots...
Old 10-12-10, 12:55 AM

dont think I have seen this one posted before, but found 2 disc set of season 1 of the showtime series "whiteboyz in the hood", which is similar to def comedy jam, but with white comedians - $3
Old 10-12-10, 06:15 AM

Hit three of the four local Big Lots over the weekend and left empty handed, just as I did last week. Almost picked up "Rachel, Rachel" but it was doing a little dance inside the case so back it went.

Thinking of taking a little breather because nothing new has shown up lately.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.