Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 8 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Went looking for Son of Rambow today and came up empty handed.

Picked up:

Bug
The Ruins (UR)
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Tales From The Darkside: The Movie
Old 10-24-10, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the following for $3 each:
Lords of Dogtown (Theatrical Version)
Disturbia (WS)
Rory O'Shea Was Here

Was hoping for a little more variety in more modern Paramount titles...happy that I saw Bringing Out the Dead though. Great film.

How are the Black Friday deals at Big Lots?
Old 10-24-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
There was/is a James Bond box set priced around $25. It was the slowest seller of any DVD I've seen at Big Lots.
I found one months ago that was mispriced at $3
Old 10-25-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by redsoxpatriot30
Picked up the following for $3 each:
Lords of Dogtown (Theatrical Version)
Disturbia (WS)
Rory O'Shea Was Here

Was hoping for a little more variety in more modern Paramount titles...happy that I saw Bringing Out the Dead though. Great film.

How are the Black Friday deals at Big Lots?
2 years ago while not BF specifically, they had a tremendous $2-$3 box set blowout around that time.

Last year............. MEH.
Old 10-25-10, 06:21 AM

Picked up "Lipstick" and was quite surprised to see the 2-disc "Bridge Over The River Kwai" in the $5 rack at the Troy NY store. Instant birthday present for my dad.

The Albany (Central Ave) store did get their Paramount and Christmas shipments, although they packed the $5 titles on their metal racks.
Old 10-25-10, 07:18 AM

I need to find "The Dead Pool", Plus a few others. "The Dead Pool" is my favorite Dirty Harry movie. Mainly since it was the first one I saw.
Old 10-25-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kguy1326
"The Dead Pool" is my favorite Dirty Harry movie.
Mine too.
Old 10-25-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I need to find "The Dead Pool", Plus a few others. "The Dead Pool" is my favorite Dirty Harry movie. Mainly since it was the first one I saw.
I need to find The Dead Pool on BD because I bought the 2 Dirty Harry BD 2-packs recently, but as The Dead Pool is my least favorite Dirty Harry movie and probably my least favorite Jim Carrey movie (though it may have been Jim's funniest... just kidding), I'm going to wait for it to be very cheap. I don't think it even exists on BD separately.

Unrelated, I finally watched High Tension which I got from Big Lots (during the $2.50 sale) and it was a huge letdown after hearing all the rave reviews. I was going to give it a "tolerable to watch once" review until the surprise twist at the end (I call it "surprise" because there's absolutely no foreshadowing nor logical basis whatsoever for the twist without invalidating most of what you saw before). I was reminded of a certain Edward Norton film many people also rave about. I guess twists are mandatory nowadays even if they make no sense. I doubt I'll be able to get my $2.50 back if I try to trade it in somewhere.
Old 10-25-10, 11:05 AM

once you go find "dead pool" at big lots for $5, if you want the whole dirty harry collection, pick up the "4 film favorites" dirty harry set at either best buy or target for $10, and for $15 you will have all 5 dirty harry movies, in widescreen, with bonus features and commentaries, all in 2 standard-sized cases, or you can of course track down the rest of the dirty harry films at big lots for $5 each if you can find them. by the way, I also both "pale rider" and "unforgiven", 2 of my favorite clint eastwood westerns, for $5 at big lots. I think my clint eastwood collection is pretty close to complete now. still need to find a copy of "play misty for me", one of his early films, which I always felt was the inspiration for "fatal attraction"
Old 10-25-10, 01:26 PM
Cool New Member

Went to Big Lots today in Ashtabula, OH to see if they restocked and thankfully they did. Picked up:

Lipstick
Atlantic City
Bringing Out the Dead
Dollars
Fun with Dick and Jane (Carrey)
In Dreams
Michael Collins
The Narrows
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
The Prize Winner of Defiance, OH
The Secret
Tales From The Darkside
Old 10-25-10, 04:04 PM

Anybody in the Southern New England area see Three Violent People, The Rose Tattoo or Mogambo ???
Old 10-25-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen $ Dollars anywhere down here.
Old 10-25-10, 05:03 PM
Cool New Member

Just curious: how many people are finding copies of SORRY, WRONG NUMBER? I've been haunting my local (Plattsburgh NY) store, and I've seen nearly every title listed here recently - except that one.
Old 10-25-10, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by EarlB
Just curious: how many people are finding copies of SORRY, WRONG NUMBER? I've been haunting my local (Plattsburgh NY) store, and I've seen nearly every title listed here recently - except that one.
There are a total of five Big Lots within an hour of either my home or workplace and only one of them had Sorry, Wrong Number and even then only a single copy. I have seen everything else listed except for The Rose Tattoo.
Old 10-25-10, 05:44 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Croissant!
There are a total of five Big Lots within an hour of either my home or workplace and only one of them had Sorry, Wrong Number and even then only a single copy. I have seen everything else listed except for The Rose Tattoo.
Thanks.
Old 10-25-10, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
Anybody in the Southern New England area see Three Violent People, The Rose Tattoo or Mogambo ???
I picked up The Rose Tattoo at the Milford MA store (it was the only copy) and Three Violent People at the Attleboro store.
Old 10-25-10, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Drake
I picked up The Rose Tattoo at the Milford MA store (it was the only copy) and Three Violent People at the Attleboro store.
Thanks. I've been to three locations closer to me, Seekonk, Swansea and Raynham, and zip zilch nada at those. I'm hoping the Warwick, R.I. store might hook me up if I get up that way soon. They seem to get a little different selection than others I frequent.
Old 10-25-10, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jgorow
once you go find "dead pool" at big lots for $5, if you want the whole dirty harry collection, pick up the "4 film favorites" dirty harry set at either best buy or target for $10, and for $15 you will have all 5 dirty harry movies, in widescreen, with bonus features and commentaries, all in 2 standard-sized cases, or you can of course track down the rest of the dirty harry films at big lots for $5 each if you can find them. by the way, I also both "pale rider" and "unforgiven", 2 of my favorite clint eastwood westerns, for $5 at big lots. I think my clint eastwood collection is pretty close to complete now. still need to find a copy of "play misty for me", one of his early films, which I always felt was the inspiration for "fatal attraction"
I have the other single disc Dirty Harry films already. Just need "Dead Pool." I kick myself for not getting "Rosewood" when I saw it. Great movie. I have a feeling I'll be going to a few Big Lots this week. Maybe i'll get lucky.
Old 10-25-10, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by deet
Another update at the Beverly NJ store, this time with box sets/collections:

The Busby Berkeley Collection Volume 2
Thanks for the tip! Got mine, and there were still about 6 copies left.
Old 10-25-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
Thanks. I've been to three locations closer to me, Seekonk, Swansea and Raynham, and zip zilch nada at those. I'm hoping the Warwick, R.I. store might hook me up if I get up that way soon. They seem to get a little different selection than others I frequent.
Raynham has been a BIG disappointment recently with their stock. I went over there last Thursday night and the $5 selections was but a fraction of the $5 titles that W.Bridgewater received, also they were the only store not to have the Paramounts out. What does the manager or whoever stocks these DVD's have against those double cardboard displays, damn that store likes to just jam everything into the 4 sided wire rack ,they still have movies left over from the spring jammed into that thing.

I would say try Raynham again in a few days ,maybe they will put the Paramount DVD's out ....but then again it might just be a wasted trip.
Old 10-25-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found Friday the 13th V, VII and VIII at the Kennett Store. Had two more copies of each and a ton of new stuff.
Old 10-25-10, 08:16 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

damn that store likes to just jam everything into the 4 sided wire rack ,they still have movies left over from the spring jammed into that thing.
Sounds like the Austintown Ohio store, never a cardboard display, just the wire rack jammed full of crap that's 8 months to a year old. Every once in awhile there'll be something new but not very often... -kd5-
Old 10-25-10, 08:36 PM

Raynham has been a BIG disappointment recently with their stock. I went over there last Thursday night and the $5 selections was but a fraction of the $5 titles that W.Bridgewater received, also they were the only store not to have the Paramounts out. What does the manager or whoever stocks these DVD's have against those double cardboard displays, damn that store likes to just jam everything into the 4 sided wire rack ,they still have movies left over from the spring jammed into that thing.

I would say try Raynham again in a few days ,maybe they will put the Paramount DVD's out ....but then again it might just be a wasted trip.
Agree the Raynham store has been slow in either getting stock or putting it out. I was there Sunday though and they did have a cardboard floor display with some of the Paramount titles. I picked up: Will Penny, A New Kind Of Love, Starting Over, and The Lords of Discipline. Also saw Hustle (Burt Reynolds), Dead Again,all $3.00. They also had Babe, Darling Lili at $5.00.

Did not see the others I'm also looking for at neither the Raynham nor the W. Bridgewater store: The Rose Tattoo, Three Violent People, Mogambo, Dollars, Sorry Wrong Number, What's Up Doc, Witness, The Trouble With Harry.

Last edited by ron88; 10-25-10 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-26-10, 04:10 AM

Yeah, I should have been more specific in my last post. What I meant was the "zip zilch nada" was on those particular three titles in question. All three locations do have new displays, just different selections at each one. Raynham's wire rack was actually neat and orderly for a change. I know...shocking.
Old 10-26-10, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
Found Friday the 13th V, VII and VIII at the Kennett Store. Had two more copies of each and a ton of new stuff.
Ack! You people are killing me with these finds! The other Big Lots had zilch. I hate going back into the Big Lots here after all of that mess. But now I keep thinking that these Deluxe Editions are just sitting there. All I have to do is walk back in ... curses!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.