DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Toy Story 1 & 2 - addl $10 off @ Amazon if purchased together (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/570886-toy-story-1-2-addl-%2410-off-%40-amazon-if-purchased-together.html)

Chop2Chip10 03-15-10 11:01 PM

Toy Story 1 & 2 - addl $10 off @ Amazon if purchased together

Just read on Amazon that Toy Story 1 & 2 are being released on March 23 at $24.99 each. If you preorder both you get an additional $10 off and movie tickets come inside the BLU/DVD.

Good Deal or will there be better?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Nugent 03-15-10 11:13 PM

Re: Toy Story 1 & 2

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...21-3-27-a.html

Better deal at Target.

iNCREDiPiNOY 03-15-10 11:24 PM

Bad deal.

Chop2Chip10 03-15-10 11:34 PM

Didn't even see that thread. You guys are quick. Thanks

animatedude 03-16-10 02:59 AM

i think the price will go down in the coming weeks,i'll wait..

Manzana 03-16-10 08:33 AM

I just posted in the linked Target thread, but what I said quickly is that someone on Slickdeals said that Target increased their prices on each Toy Story BD combo pack to $27.99. I hope that poster is wrong as nobody else has said a word about it anywhere. However, given how Disney yanked the Pirates and National Treasure $8 BD upgrade coupons (because I'm assuming Disney didn't like Target selling them "too low"), I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Disney called up Target and said "hey, you're selling them too low... jack up your prices" and I'm afraid Target might bow down to the bully company known as Disney. Sure hope I'm wrong.

joltman 03-16-10 11:03 AM

Re: Toy Story 1 & 2 - addl $10 off @ Amazon if purchased together

But why would Disney care how low they are sold for, they get the same amount from Target regardless.

Nugent 03-16-10 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10052019)
I just posted in the linked Target thread, but what I said quickly is that someone on Slickdeals said that Target increased their prices on each Toy Story BD combo pack to $27.99. I hope that poster is wrong as nobody else has said a word about it anywhere. However, given how Disney yanked the Pirates and National Treasure $8 BD upgrade coupons (because I'm assuming Disney didn't like Target selling them "too low"), I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Disney called up Target and said "hey, you're selling them too low... jack up your prices" and I'm afraid Target might bow down to the bully company known as Disney. Sure hope I'm wrong.

There was already an add scan posted and subsequently removed from another board showing the details of the $19.99 each and $10 off if you purchased both. Making the total $30 plus tax before any additional coupons. I actually saw the scanned printed ad before it was removed.

I suppose they could totally trash all those ads and start over but I am doubting it.

WMAangel 03-16-10 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10052019)
I just posted in the linked Target thread, but what I said quickly is that someone on Slickdeals said that Target increased their prices on each Toy Story BD combo pack to $27.99.

Whatever Target's website price TODAY is has absolutely no bearing on what the in-store advertised price will be NEXT WEEK.....

Marvin Dorfler 03-28-10 10:55 PM

Does anyone know if AMAZON includes the Movie Money on one of the TOY STORY BD's? I read on AMAZON that some people received it but some did not. If anyone knows, please let me know. You can get both right now for $37.98 so I want to make sure I also get the TOY STORY 3 movie cash! Let me know, thanks!

--Marvin Dorfler

jiggyblau 03-28-10 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler (Post 10076395)
Does anyone know if AMAZON includes the Movie Money on one of the TOY STORY BD's? I read on AMAZON that some people received it but some did not. If anyone knows, please let me know. You can get both right now for $37.98 so I want to make sure I also get the TOY STORY 3 movie cash! Let me know, thanks!

--Marvin Dorfler

All copies from all vendors are supposed to have the codes. There is no movie money certificate - it's a code that needs to be entered through the rewards site.

Obi-Wanma 03-29-10 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler (Post 10076395)

--Marvin Dorfler

Would've been much cheaper if you had bought them before Sunday at pretty much any B&M store and used the $10 upgrade coupons Disney was offering. For example, TRU was 16.99 each if you buy both, so if you used the 2 $10 coupons, you would've gotten them both for 13.98 + Tax.

Anyway, regardless, the Movie cash is not included in the package, it is offer that you redeem online when you enter your Disney Movie Rewards Code. So it is avalilable with all copies of the films (as long as it isn't missing the DMR code insert for some reason).