New Release Price Comparisons - Week of 3/14/10 to 3/20/10

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New Release Price Comparisons - Week of 3/14/10 to 3/20/10

Old 03-15-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New Release Price Comparisons - Week of 3/14/10 to 3/20/10

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thanks for all the info this week everyone. All the choices this week is making my head hurt.

As much as I hated the first Twilight (worst movie of that year), and think the sequel is probably worse, I imagine I'll be buying two copies tomorrow, Walmart and Target, and maybe Borders. Curse this addiction!
You mean on Saturday Trevor Not gonna pick up the SteelBook at Best Buy too?

And thank you for all your info that you put up every week
Old 03-15-10, 09:40 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by snausages
You mean on Saturday Trevor Not gonna pick up the SteelBook at Best Buy too?

And thank you for all your info that you put up every week
You're very welcome of course!

Saturday? Wow, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't realize that. Good, I work all weekend so I just might miss out on all the New Moon exclusives.

And I've luckily not gotten quite addicted to the steelbooks yet. I'll get them if it's a title I wanted anyway, and there are no other exclusives, but I don't automatically buy them. Yet.
Old 03-15-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...As much as I hated the first Twilight (worst movie of that year), and think the sequel is probably worse, I imagine I'll be buying two copies tomorrow, Walmart and Target, and maybe Borders. Curse this addiction!

I'll probably end up 'having' to buy multiple copies of last year's worst movie, Avatar, as well.
Originally Posted by WMAangel

Dude, seriously....you really do need help...I don't care what exclusive versions or limited editions are offered, I wouldn't buy any movies that I hate, much less more than one copy of it!
I've been asking for help for years. Where have you been?!
i guess im what you call an enabler then.

...I've luckily not gotten quite addicted to the steelbooks yet. I'll get them if it's a title I wanted anyway, and there are no other exclusives, but I don't automatically buy them. Yet.
join us.
Old 03-16-10, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You're very welcome of course!

Saturday? Wow, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't realize that. Good, I work all weekend so I just might miss out on all the New Moon exclusives.

And I've luckily not gotten quite addicted to the steelbooks yet. I'll get them if it's a title I wanted anyway, and there are no other exclusives, but I don't automatically buy them. Yet.
But Trevor...there's ALWAYS midnight release ;D AND you can get them online heheheehee too!

I know I'm an enabler too.

By the way the coupons list updated with $5 off The Princess and the Frog for DVD or Blu-ray only.

Last edited by snausages; 03-16-10 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-16-10, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hey Trev, don't mean to be mean...but didn't you recently say that you noticed yourself winding down on purchases....but then this type of behavior isn't indicating your controlling or even attempting to curb your spending addiction. say no to the garbage trinkets and if you don't like the movie, don't buy it.

I've been asking for help for years. Where have you been?!
Old 03-16-10, 07:08 PM

Has anyone been to BJ's to get Blu-ray and DVD pricing yet for this week's new releases?
Old 03-16-10, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by darmok
hey Trev, don't mean to be mean...but didn't you recently say that you noticed yourself winding down on purchases....but then this type of behavior isn't indicating your controlling or even attempting to curb your spending addiction. say no to the garbage trinkets and if you don't like the movie, don't buy it.
Not mean at all, always call me out if you want. I thank you for caring enough to say something. But I do think calling me Trev is mean, I hate that nickname.

But I really am slowing down. The only reason I'm letting myself buy multiples of a title I don't really want is because I know I can easily gift this particular release. I'll buy two or three copies of New Moon, but then I'll keep the exclusive part and sell or give the movies away to friends and family.

In the old days, I'd buy multiple copies and keep almost all of them, but now I actually do skip a lot of exclusives and sell/give away another big chunk.
Old 03-16-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by taco5
Has anyone been to BJ's to get Blu-ray and DVD pricing yet for this week's new releases?
Can't help you with any DVD prices, but user "airguitar" over at blu-ray.com had this to report about their BD prices:

okay, i just came back from bj's.

princess and the frog = 28.99 - 4 dollar instant rebate = 24.99
ninja assassin = 26.99 - 4 dollar instant = 22.99
armored = 24.99
did you hear about the morgans? = 22.99
fourth kind = wasn't available
Old 03-19-10, 11:30 AM

Borders has a 2-disc exclusive Twilight New Moon set for $29.99, they have a 30% off coupon which brings it to $27.99.

Includes exclusive medallion necklace on a silver chain—gold side features wolf-pack tattoo design, silver side shows the Cullen crest.

PLUS, enjoy over 25 minutes of previously unreleased EXTENDED SCENES such as Jake in Bella's Room and Edward meeting the Volturi and many, many more! INTERVIEWS with cast members Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, the Cullen Family, the Wolf Pack, the Volturi and Director Chris Weitz; unrivaled RED-CARPET FOOTAGE from the movie premiere; front row seats to The Twilight Saga: New Moon WEBCAST.

Also includes additional Special Features: A revealing AUDIO COMMENTARY with Director Chris Weitz and Editor Peter Lambert; a riveting 6-PART DOCUMENTARY that takes you behind the scenes; exclusive band REHEARSAL FOOTAGE with Muse; and MUSIC VIDEOS from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina and Mutemath.
Old 03-19-10, 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=Misty Eyes;10058306]Borders has a 2-disc exclusive Twilight New Moon set for $29.99, they have a 30% off coupon which brings it to $27.99.

Includes exclusive medallion necklace on a silver chain—gold side features wolf-pack tattoo design, silver side shows the Cullen crest.

PLUS, enjoy over 25 minutes of previously unreleased EXTENDED SCENES such as Jake in Bella's Room and Edward meeting the Volturi and many, many more! INTERVIEWS with cast members Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, the Cullen Family, the Wolf Pack, the Volturi and Director Chris Weitz; unrivaled RED-CARPET FOOTAGE from the movie premiere; front row seats to The Twilight Saga: New Moon WEBCAST.

Also includes additional Special Features: A revealing AUDIO COMMENTARY with Director Chris Weitz and Editor Peter Lambert; a riveting 6-PART DOCUMENTARY that takes you behind the scenes; exclusive band REHEARSAL FOOTAGE with Muse; and MUSIC VIDEOS from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina and Mutemath.
[/QUOTE

Where is the coupon???
Old 03-19-10, 12:21 PM

Borders 30% off list price code: BSQ7376R
Old 03-19-10, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the code. Sent it on to Border's CS and they applied to my order. Only good for $2.00 but money's money.
Old 03-21-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Misty Eyes
Borders has a 2-disc exclusive Twilight New Moon set for $29.99, they have a 30% off coupon which brings it to $27.99.

What kind of goofy math is that?

30% of $30 is 9 dollars, not 2.

EDIT: Think I figured it out. 30% off of lists price, not the sale price. So disregard. Still looks like BS to me though, lol.
Old 03-21-10, 08:48 AM

Work begun on current week's thread/tables.

Last edited by Trevor; 03-21-10 at 08:50 AM.