DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New TV deals at Oldies.com

Old 02-26-10, 11:26 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN.
Posts: 1,227
New TV deals at Oldies.com

Outer Limits (New Series, S-1) $9.98

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11861M.html

Flipper Complete S-1 $11.98

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/2123FD.html

Lois & Clark complete S-2 $11.98

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11094M.html

You Bet Your Life "Best Episodes" $11.98

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/40666M.html

All from this "Hot Deals" page:

http://www.oldies.com/product/hotdea...elevision.html
docdoowop is offline  
Old 02-26-10, 02:48 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 892
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

I saw Lois & Clark S2 in the $4.99 bin at my local Shaws supermarket--and I think Newbury Comics had it for under $10--I wonder if that is being closed out in general.
kyle is offline  
Old 02-26-10, 04:28 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,720
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

They also have

Kingdom Hospital for 11.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/2607FD.html

Astro Boy (2004) for 12.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/6114GD.html

These were both 9.98 last month. It might be prudent to check Amazon Mktplace though before buying anything. Most of the bargain stuff they get eventually shows up there as well as Big Lots. They have been raising a bunch of their prices lately. They recently raised these prices along with a bunch of the Midnite movies they had for 2.98. Still pretty good prices on these, but not steals. Plus their free shipping really sucks. (but you do get a free NBC News DVD w/ each order. There are (I believe) 6 this month -- a specific code must be entered)
That'sAllFolks is offline  
Old 02-26-10, 09:33 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,433
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

I recommend the Groucho one as that is a classic.
rmw650 is offline  
Old 02-28-10, 01:19 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,009
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
(but you do get a free NBC News DVD w/ each order. There are (I believe) 6 this month -- a specific code must be entered)
What are these codes?
Kal Varnsen is offline  
Old 02-28-10, 02:31 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,720
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen View Post
What are these codes?
NBC New Presents:
1) Survivor: The Aron Ralston Story -- SURVIVOR
2) Secrets to the Code -- SECRET
3) Buried Secrets: Cold Cases Uncovered -- BURIED
4) Inside Evil: Jeffrey Dahmer -- KILLERS
5) Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate -- DEEPTHROAT
6) Long War: America's War on Terrorism -- TERROR

Too lazy to do links, but DO NOT add these to your cart, Enter them in the promo code space. Only 1 allowed per order (haven't tried stacking though)
That'sAllFolks is offline  
Old 07-06-10, 07:59 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 926
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Poltergeist The Legacy Season 1 $9.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11863M.html

Facts of Life Sets for $9.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/10891M.html
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/10892M.html

Some decent $2.98 DVDs
The Natural (Director's Cut)
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/24719M.html
We Own The Night
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/9220GD.html
Hancock
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11580N.html

Many others here: http://www.oldies.com/298-Clearance-DVDs/collection.cfm

Free shipping on orders over $25

Free The Man With the Screaming Brain DVD with any order. Enter promo code : SCREAM

Free Ellen The Complete Season 1 DVD set with any order. Enter promo code :ELLEN

One free item per order.
Texan26 is offline  
Old 07-06-10, 08:06 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston,MA.
Posts: 1,181
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by Texan26 View Post
Poltergeist The Legacy Season 1 $9.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11863M.html

Facts of Life Sets for $9.98
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/10891M.html
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/10892M.html

Some decent $2.98 DVDs
The Natural (Director's Cut)
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/24719M.html
We Own The Night
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/9220GD.html
Hancock
http://www.oldies.com/product-view/11580N.html

Many others here: http://www.oldies.com/298-Clearance-DVDs/collection.cfm

Free shipping on orders over $25

Free The Man With the Screaming Brain DVD with any order. Enter promo code : SCREAM

Free Ellen The Complete Season 1 DVD set with any order. Enter promo code :ELLEN

One free item per order.
I think the Free shipping on orders over $25 ended at Midnight last night.
Drake is offline  
Old 07-06-10, 08:07 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 926
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I think the Free shipping on orders over $25 ended at Midnight last night.
I just placed an order with the free shipping. Still advertised on their site.
Texan26 is offline  
Old 07-06-10, 11:26 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,964
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

^Ditto. I had forgotten about this until I checked DVDTalk. Order placed w/free shipping about 10 minutes ago.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-07-10, 02:02 PM
  #11  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,719
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Thanks for the bumps.

Free shipping is still on; some of the free items are apparently sold out, not showing up with codes.

Put in a couple orders, working on my Midnite Movies collection.
Trevor is offline  
Old 07-07-10, 11:37 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,964
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Just saw on the site where Free Shipping on most orders of $25+ has been extended to 7/15/10 @ 11:59pm ET.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-08-10, 01:47 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TeXas
Posts: 1,651
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

yup I notice and I member there. I got the free DVD once. I hope something good on free DVD or CD coming up next!
JohnnyMovie is offline  
Old 07-08-10, 09:35 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Posts: 545
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Any opinions about the Essential Charlie Chaplin Collection?

12 discs @ $2.98 = $35.76 + S&H
CalebAndCo is offline  
Old 07-08-10, 10:06 AM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 146
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo View Post
Any opinions about the Essential Charlie Chaplin Collection?

12 discs @ $2.98 = $35.76 + S&H
As far as the Keystone films, the prints are pretty lousy for the most part. But they seem to be that way no matter where you get them from. They desperately need to be restored

When it comes to the Essanay, Mutual, and First National films, this set is nowhere near as good the the Image and M2K releases. If you're a real Chaplin fan, I'd try to get my hands on those. But you're not going to find them for $2.98 either.........
Tardo317 is offline  
Old 07-08-10, 03:27 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 289
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Picked up The Natural 2 disc directors cut for 2.98. A steal at that price and a better value than the Blu Ray release for ~20ish.
rdf8585 is offline  
Old 07-08-10, 03:38 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by rdf8585 View Post
Picked up The Natural 2 disc directors cut for 2.98. A steal at that price and a better value than the Blu Ray release for ~20ish.
5.98 now.
jwstl is offline  
Old 07-09-10, 09:21 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Posts: 545
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by Tardo317 View Post
As far as the Keystone films, the prints are pretty lousy for the most part. But they seem to be that way no matter where you get them from. They desperately need to be restored

When it comes to the Essanay, Mutual, and First National films, this set is nowhere near as good the the Image and M2K releases. If you're a real Chaplin fan, I'd try to get my hands on those. But you're not going to find them for $2.98 either.........
Thanks for the rundown! (I may buy the one with The Kid, if I decide to order something else anyway.)
CalebAndCo is offline  
Old 07-09-10, 09:45 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,090
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Budd Boetticher - The Films of Budd Boetticher (The Tall T / Decision at Sundown / Buchanan Rides Alone / Ride Lonesome / Comanche Station) (5-DVD) $19.95


http://www.oldies.com/product-view/10918N.html



Stanley Kramer Film Collection (Guess Who's Coming To Dinner / Ship of Fools / The Member of the Wedding / The Wild One / The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T) (6-DVD) $19.98

http://www.oldies.com/product-view/36992M.html


Not TV deals but listed in same section on oldies site and pretty good deals.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-09-10 at 10:04 AM.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 07-09-10, 02:28 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, USA
Posts: 545
Re: New TV deals at Oldies.com

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
...
Stanley Kramer Film Collection (Guess Who's Coming To Dinner / Ship of Fools / The Member of the Wedding / The Wild One / The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T) (6-DVD) $19.98...
That'll do nicely; I've been wanting 3 of those flix. I added:

-Vols. 2 & 3 of the Chaplins $3 each (thanks again Tardo317--I'll watch and wait for better choices)
-Heidi TV movie $1 (directed by Delbert Mann, with a good cast--I'll give it a shot)
-King Kong $3
-The Naked Truth $3
-Solaris $3
-Animusic Sampler $0 (a nice stocking stuffer)

$36 all told.
CalebAndCo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.