DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   House of the Devil - $10 at Wal*Mart (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/569659-house-devil-%2410-wal%2Amart.html)

PopcornBandit 02-17-10 08:23 PM

House of the Devil - $10 at Wal*Mart

I know there is a Wal-Mart bargains thread, but I figured this deserved its own topic. Mods, feel free to combine it with the bargains thread though.

I found it on their $7.50/$9 (and now $10 I guess) rack located behind the Electronics section at my Wal-Mart.

I was going to buy the BD, but I couldn't pass the DVD up for $10.

dead_rsng53 02-17-10 09:07 PM

Re: House of the Devil - $10 at Wal*Mart

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to stop by tomorrow before school...

dkedvd 02-17-10 09:49 PM

i've been thinking about getting this title ever since i heard about this release. is it any good? i'm guessing so since there is a semi-big buzz.

adam_omega 02-17-10 10:57 PM

I watched it over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It's one of those slow building movies that very much gets the classic horror style right. I paid $15 on Amazon and at $10, it's a steal.

unclezippy 02-17-10 10:59 PM

Saw cheap HOTD at my local WM this morning, too.

And right next to it... DEADGIRL (also $10).

Deadgirl @ Wal-Mart? What on Earth is next...?

adam_omega 02-18-10 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by unclezippy (Post 10004792)
Saw cheap HOTD at my local WM this morning, too.

And right next to it... DEADGIRL (also $10).

Deadgirl @ Wal-Mart? What on Earth is next...?

On the same rack as Deadgirl was "Flesh of the Beast: Media Mix" for $10 at my Wal-Mart. Really surprised at all the horror movies Wal-Mart has suddenly gotten.

Edison 02-18-10 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by adam_omega (Post 10004871)
On the same rack as Deadgirl was "Flesh of the Beast: Media Mix" for $10 at my Wal-Mart. Really surprised at all the horror movies Wal-Mart has suddenly gotten.

I was looking at the Flesh for the Beast:Media Mix set today, it includes the DVD & Blu-Ray of <B>Flesh for the Beast</B>, another DVD entitled <B>Flesh for the Beast: Late Fee</B>, and a CD soundtrack for FftB for $10. I came home to do some more research, it seems as though neither film gets very good reviews.

dan31655 02-18-10 05:42 PM

Good deal. My walmart had them but I think I'm going to hold off alittle more incase the bluray drops.

Undeadcow 02-18-10 07:00 PM

Curiously I can't seem to find a "media mix" version of Flesh for the Beast at amazon.com, the Media Blasters website, nor walmart.com is this some sort of b&m Walmart exclusive?

Greg. 02-18-10 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 10006527)
Curiously I can't seem to find a "media mix" version of Flesh for the Beast at amazon.com, the Media Blasters website, nor walmart.com is this some sort of b&m Walmart exclusive?

I'm pretty sure they're talking about "The Pick Up Media Pack". I can't post links yet, but if you search Amazon for that you should find it. I know it's called The Pick Up Media Pack, but it definitely has Flesh for the Beast in it. I'm not sure what else is included, but I think it has the comic book that came with the deluxe edition of Flesh for the Beast.

I think this is what everyone's talking about, but I could be wrong.

Alan Smithee 02-18-10 11:58 PM

No VHS, no sale ;)

adam_omega 02-19-10 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Greg. (Post 10006869)
I'm pretty sure they're talking about "The Pick Up Media Pack". I can't post links yet, but if you search Amazon for that you should find it. I know it's called The Pick Up Media Pack, but it definitely has Flesh for the Beast in it. I'm not sure what else is included, but I think it has the comic book that came with the deluxe edition of Flesh for the Beast.

I think this is what everyone's talking about, but I could be wrong.

No, "The Pick Up Media Pack" is seems to bring up something else on amazon.

This is definitely called "Flesh for the Beast: Media Mix" with the subtitle on the spine "Deluxe DVD Edition + Blu-Ray & CD."

UPC is 631595093490...which brings up nothing anywhere.

Here's the cover:

http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/aoi/...hebeastdvd.jpg

PopcornBandit 02-19-10 07:48 PM

I may have to look for that Flesh of the Beast set on my next trip to Wal-Mart. I don't recall seeing it when I picked up House of the Devil.

SPIDERone 02-20-10 04:23 AM

Great price on HotD - Might have to pick it up!

Heads-up on Flesh for the Beast - the blu-ray looks absolutely terrible. Picked it up at Amazon ($6.99?) and have to say it was a huge disappointment, even going into it knowing the picture quality would be bad.

Torchur317 02-20-10 06:25 AM

Couldn't find it at mine....

Gucci Mane 02-20-10 02:34 PM

I'd like to pick this one up.

SPiRAL 02-21-10 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 10009060)

Same :(

hilts 02-21-10 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 10009060)

Me neither. Stopped at the way home from work, so I'm glad I never go out of my way for Walmart. The experience is roughly the same as walking through Ross on a larger scale.

LosingMyMind 02-23-10 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by adam_omega (Post 10007168)
No, "The Pick Up Media Pack" is seems to bring up something else on amazon.

This is definitely called "Flesh for the Beast: Media Mix" with the subtitle on the spine "Deluxe DVD Edition + Blu-Ray & CD."

UPC is 631595093490...which brings up nothing anywhere.

Here's the cover:

http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/aoi/...hebeastdvd.jpg

Amazon and Best Buy both have it listed as coming out on May 11. Strange.

PopcornBandit 02-23-10 10:08 AM

I found the Flesh for the Beast set at a Wal-Mart that was a little out of my way today. Also, picked up the Dogma BD for $10.

Raw_and_Vital 02-24-10 07:01 PM

Wondering if any fellow DVD collector out there wouldn't mind picking me up
-House of the Devil
-Flesh for the Beast:Media Mix

I live in NYC and there aren't any Walmart stores near me. I'll send you paypal and will pay standard shipping.

Please let me know if you're willing and I can email you.

Raw_and_Vital 03-05-10 05:46 PM

Bump...

Please, can anyone close to a wal-mart help me out. I'd really like to grab these titles. Let me know ahead of time! Thanks.

Torchur317 03-05-10 06:05 PM

I can not find House of the Devil at WM to save my life, I've checked maybe 6 WMs for it....

SPiRAL 03-06-10 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317 (Post 10033626)
I can not find House of the Devil at WM to save my life, I've checked maybe 6 WMs for it....

Same situation here.