Fringe: The Complete First Season DVD $9.99
Old 02-14-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Fringe: The Complete First Season (DVD) for $9.99 at Best Buy

Damn! That is a great price!
Old 02-14-10, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks OP, used up some credit. Glad I held off on the Amazon sale.
Old 02-14-10, 12:45 PM

Thanks just priced matched it at target after going thru like 5 people to confirm it.
Old 02-14-10, 01:23 PM

My Best Buy did not have this in stock the last 2 times it was on sale, $20 and then $16. Now they did and I am kind of glad. Can't beat $10.
Old 02-14-10, 01:31 PM

grabbed 2 for instore, thanks!
Old 02-14-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Supernatural S4 is also $9.99.
Old 02-14-10, 03:14 PM

they have s5 of supernatural in store for $9.99 too i think, was just there, i believe seasons 1-3 are $14.99 per on that.

b
Old 02-14-10, 03:15 PM

Got it for 5 bucks with a $5 coupon. This might be the best deal I've ever gotten.
Old 02-14-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bmvtoys View Post
they have s5 of supernatural in store for $9.99 too i think, was just there, i believe seasons 1-3 are $14.99 per on that.

b
Season 5 is currently airing on TV. The set won't be out until next fall.
Old 02-14-10, 04:20 PM

Damn wanted the blu set of this but might have to jump for the dvd.
Old 02-14-10, 04:55 PM

Didn't really like the pilot but for this price I gave it a shot considering the hype it gets plus I got 10% off at BB....
Old 02-14-10, 05:20 PM

oops sorry about that, i went back to my best buy to pick something up, they have 2 diff packagings at mine of season 4, thought it was S5. One has a motion like cover, one a standard.

b
Old 02-14-10, 07:32 PM

Blind Buy at $19.99, then price matched at $16.99. Its within 30 days of the price match, but not the original buy, wonder if I can get another price match?

Still haven't watched it yet....... I'm a big Lost fan and everyone says I'll love it. As it continues to drop in price I'm beginning to wonder if its damaged goods or something (not literally, but just not a good show). I also wonder if it will be like $7.99 or something in a few more weeks.

Guess that's all I have to say at this time.
Old 02-14-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LostFan View Post
I'm a big Lost fan

I would have never guessed.
Old 02-14-10, 09:39 PM

Blind Buy at $19.99, then price matched at $16.99. Its within 30 days of the price match, but not the original buy, wonder if I can get another price match?

Still haven't watched it yet....... I'm a big Lost fan and everyone says I'll love it. As it continues to drop in price I'm beginning to wonder if its damaged goods or something (not literally, but just not a good show). I also wonder if it will be like $7.99 or something in a few more weeks.

I have to say that I watched two first episodes and put it away promptly. Will try to unload it as soon as this ridiculous pricing ends.

I wouldn't even mention it, if I too weren't a huge Lost fan. Unfortunately, "Lost" it is not, neither is it X-files for that matter.

Price, however, doesn't have much to do with anything. I picked up first season of Life - a recent Target deal, at $4.99 and loved it so much just have to buy a second season for $20+. You never know when that blind buy will turn out to be a gem.

Last edited by sandman1; 02-14-10 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-14-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by seriousmill View Post
Thanks just priced matched it at target after going thru like 5 people to confirm it.
For the fun of it, I tried PM'ing at Target and was denied because it had a sticker (which I didn't even notice earlier) saying it had an exclusive Target bonus disc. So not being in the mood to argue over something I didn't care that much about I said... whatever... I'll just get it at Best Buy without the bonus disc.

Of course I have no idea if it's worth $9.99 as a blind buy (most people seem to like it but a few seem to hate it), and it's a bit difficult to pay $9.99 + tax when I passed on it on Blu-Ray for $19 at Amazon on Black Friday back before I knew what it was.
Old 02-14-10, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
I have to say that I watched two first episodes and put it away promptly. Will try to unload it as soon as this ridiculous pricing ends.

I wouldn't even mention it, if I too weren't a huge Lost fan. Unfortunately, "Lost" it is not, neither is it X-files for that matter.

Price, however, doesn't have much to do with anything. I picked up first season of Life - a recent Target deal, at $4.99 and loved it so much just have to buy a second season for $20+. You never know when that blind buy will turn out to be a gem.
I watched the first two or three episodes when it aired and stopped watching. I have been told that it gets pretty interesting further on into the season though.
Old 02-14-10, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Of course I have no idea if it's worth $9.99 as a blind buy (most people seem to like it but a few seem to hate it), and it's a bit difficult to pay $9.99 + tax when I passed on it on Blu-Ray for $19 at Amazon on Black Friday back before I knew what it was.
I think any tv show that is this cheap when the regular price is $45 is worth it. I've seen the first few episodes but stopped watching because I'm a busy person so I automatically jumped in.
Old 02-14-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The story gets much better as the season progresses.
Old 02-15-10, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Definitely going to Best Buy tomorrow for this
Old 02-15-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post
I think any tv show that is this cheap when the regular price is $45 is worth it. I've seen the first few episodes but stopped watching because I'm a busy person so I automatically jumped in.
Thanks for the opinion. I'll probably pick up Fringe S1 on SD DVD for $9.99 just because it seems like a good deal at the time, but like you who knows when I'll watch it because I'm busy too.

However, looking at MSRP or the price on other sites means nothing to me any more because IMHO a title is only worth what the lowest (reputable) place is willing to sell it for, so Fringe S1 DVD is now (and always will be until I see it cheaper somewhere else) worth $9.99 to me. A great example of ridiculous prices or MSRPs would be La Femme Nikita. I've repeatedly seen dvdpricesearch.com show it as a special on Buy.com for $50+ per season, then I laugh because Best Buy once had them all for $14.99. It makes me wonder what silly criteria dvdpricesearch uses to pick its highlighted titles. I love The Simpsons and have missed watching most of the last couple seasons (too busy lately), but when the last season came out and I could've gotten the BD set for $28 or so at Fry's, I still passed because of being burned on The Simpsons SD sets too many times. It's got to be under $20 for BD and under $13 for SD. My point is I no longer look at what other people are selling something for or the MSRP. I try to find a price where I can feel good about buying it even if it drops in price more. That's about $3 for a SD DVD, $10-$13 for a SD DVD set, $10 for a new release BD ($5 for an upgrade from SD), and $15-$20 for a BD set, and I still think I may be paying too much at those prices.
Old 02-15-10, 10:42 AM

Any chance of an Amazon price match?
Old 02-15-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wanted to pricematch this at Target so I could get the bonus disc, but my local Target had no copies in stock.
Old 02-15-10, 07:39 PM

Not sure what their Return policy is.. but a way to skirt the price match is to just buy it at the 9.99.. then proceed to the returns counter and return it with your old receipt. I do this frequently as most businesses won't price match clearance items.. but if I find it cheaper.. I'll buy it then just return the item I just bought with the old receipt.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.